• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

cheap ar

bentbolt308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Eastern iowa
i looked for a cheap beater ar and seen the plum crazy poly lower for $125 for a complete lower. and a Red x upper 16 and 20 in barrrels with differnet twist flat top full floating upper. complete ar 15 with one magpul 20 and 30 rnd mags for $631.00 to my ffl. Im not looking for highest quailty just something that is something fun to shoot and low mainteince. what do you guys think

Re: cheap ar

For a little more you could get into a BCM upper and have a great AR. Palmetto has the specs most look for, however they are lacking in the assmebly dept...trust me I know..

As far as cheap fun at the range its hard to beat a WASR. and requires much less maintainence than an AR.

DelTon, Model1sales, ther are others as well.
I've had surprisingly good accuracy out of M1S stainless .223 chambered rifles in 8" twist. Shocking accuracy in fact.

I wouldn't buy a polymer AR lower from Plum crazy. I've heard of failures.

The Carbon 15 <Bushmaster gun is probably legit, but IMO why not just use a 7075 forged lower? <weight isn't significant.