• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Cheap Fun?

Re: Cheap Fun?

Looks like fun. I definitely want to get a .22 Trainer together.

That looks like a blast.

I am with srv about getting a trainer together. I looked on Gun Broker and for 5000 22LR Wolf Match it was only $500. That made me want one a lot more.
smile.gif

The Remington 40X rimfires are a pretty good price now on Gunbroker. They have come way down since the days of $1300 rifles with banged up stocks and pitted metal. Now I have been seeing them go for around $600-$700 depending on condition with the better ones going a bit higher. The Remington short action stocks fit these so you could do a McMillan or HS Precision and make it a realistic trainer. The only problem is that it will be single shot which is not a problem for me but may be for some.

My Savage MkII BTVS is a blast to shoot. When I need a repeater .22 its my choice.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/LoneWolfUSMC/BTVS/BTVS_2891.jpg

The 40XB is perfect for a lazy day perfecting the basics. It will show you if your followthrough is jacked up. I broke it out of the stock, cleaned it up and adjusted the trigger to a shade under 3 lbs. I can't wait to take it back and see how it does. This rifle really does deserve a better optic. I am trying to decide if I want to put a benchrest scope on it or not. I really won't be shooting it in any tactical matches since it's a single shot, but I would like to still be able to dial the power down and do some position shooting.

I have thought about putting a B&C Light Tactical on it to match my .308, but there is just something about this old wood stock. I will just refinish it for now and enjoy it. If I ever get around to rebarreling it I will probably set it up to match the .308.

Dont worry about the stock. Those chewed up 40's always put a smile on my face. Looking all rack whipped and ratty and shooting true as can be. I seen them looking like someone left them out all winter and still hitting the x mark. Yeah baby.

I must be missing the boat! I am up on gb weekly and not seeing them for that kind of money regardless of condition. Keeping your eye open at the CMP site is still your best bet to get a good deal.

40x's are sweet regardless of the cal you own..

If you want a repeater, have you considered the Heavy Barrel Winchester 52's? standard with 5 round clips and 10 round clips are out there to be had.

I snatched this one up ASAP when CMP had them. I missed the boat on the USMC marked ones because I wasn't fast enough.

I just wish I had the cash to buy two more for my boys.

They really are cool. I wish Remington would offer them as a standard model or even a repeater. I can't imagine why they don't.

Remington 40XB and a box of Wolf Match Target.

A great way to spend a couple <span style="text-decoration: line-through">hours</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">minutes</span>.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington 40XB and a box of Wolf Match Target.

A great way to spend a couple <span style="text-decoration: line-through">hours</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">minutes</span>. </div></div>

More like an hour and a half for me once I get everything set up, center my chi, and make every shot count.
wink.gif

This is relaxation with gunpowder for me. Nothing is rushed and I don't keep track of time.

i cant help it, i dont have the usual stinging realization of 46¢ per shot to slow me down!

fast or slow, the shots always seem to find their way home.
+ GREAT practice on windy days @ 100y

They did offer the 40x as a repeater. But it only came in a sporter weight barrel with high polish presentation blueing and sporter stock with a cheek rest and only in select sweet wood from the Rem custom shop. They were made in very low numbers and are very collectable. I have seen them go for over 4k. They are called 40x sporters. I have handled them and they are works of art.

As far as the boys go you would have to be Donald Trump to get them a couple of those sporter puppys...

I like my heavy barrel x. I have owned many of them over the years. Some looked better than others but they all shot fine. Thinking back, I wish I kept them all.

What distance are you shooting yours at?

Got a Ruger 77/22 for the exact same reason. My rifle loves Wolf Match as well. I stocked up on the Wolf when it was $35 a brick of 500. It's a good way to practice your fundamentals with out breaking the bank.