• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap long range 260loads

Cnewhouse48

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
St.hedwig tx
I have a dpms lr 260 I'm looking for a cheap long range load. Right now I have been using 130vlds over 42.5h4350 rem brass and cci primers. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Just for cost savings try the Nosler 123 HPBT. They can be found cheaper than most bullets for that caliber. You might try another powder that's easier to get and of course buying 8 lbs is cheaper than buying a 1 lber.

You might also try AA4350. It's a bit easier to find and I think alittle cheaper. Works great in my .260

Either pick up some Nosler's or the Hornady's on the cheap or buy a bulk box of the 139gr Lapua Scenars as those are a bit cheaper than the Berger's you've been running. Powder valley runs those Lapua's at $320/1000

Last edited:
Buying in bulk is your friend, when you can save yourself $50/1000 buy buying in lots of 1000 it's a big bit of savings. Or in the case of Noslers the boxes of 250 can save you a few bucks.

Bullets.com
Bullets.com

Thanks for all the input guys really appreciate it. Unfortunately I am not in a financial predicament to order bulk bullets so I will be doing box by box.