• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cheap red dot for M1 Carbine- please recommend

peanutlover

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2007
Hello all. Taking a carbine class soon. Most shooting at 15 to 25 yards. Using my M1 with an Ultimak scout mount.

Need recommendations for inexpensive red dot scopes, please. Budget less than $100 hopefully. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Re: Cheap red dot for M1 Carbine- please recommend

That price range is too low. Your best bet is to borrow one and keep saving up. Better yet, especially for inside 25yds, stick with the iron sights.

Maybe a used Vortex strikefire would do ya good, seen em here go from 90-120 used. i had one and it was good

You spent $90 for the mount and only want to spend less than $50 for the Red Dot?

Okay, I've changed my budget amount up from $50 to $100.

What say you all? Thanks for your input.

Vortex SPARC, street price $200.
Got one angle mounted on my LWRC M6A3 and turn it on every range visit since May to test battery life. It has auto turn off after 6 hours, unlike Aimpoint which can always stay on. Battery has not run dead yet. It comes with it's own mount, which is adequate if you don't need to switch between rifles. (No Larue needed - another $200) Also comes with 2X mag, which is cheap and useless - as is cover which broke 2nd week. But the basic red dot has worked flawlessly, as advertised. Can't beat price for quality.

ebay will serve you well, but if you 50.00 scope fails in a competition you have 200.00 invested in then i cant help there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: peanutlover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, I've changed my budget amount up from $50 to $100.

What say you all? Thanks for your input. </div></div>

We have one that might fit the bill. The one on the right with the fixed base is our Gen 7 Micro Dot $79. We have the Vortex SPAR and Strikefire as well. The Strikfire is closer to you budget and we can include a low mount for your M1A at no charge.

Marshall

_MG_5480.jpg

I bought one of Marsh's M3 style red dot a few months ago, it runs like a top, if his micro dot is anything like it, it'll be well worth your money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">primary arms </div></div>

We are new on the hide. I have been talking with Lowlight for almost a year about becoming a sponsor. I did not want to do it until we had something to offer the members. We do have our own line of entry level training optics as posted above but that is not what this forum is all about. I signed up because we now have probably the best selection of name brand AR related gear around. We are a Nightforce and Vortex dealer but there are several long time dealers here that do a great job with long range optics and they have earned their place. I plan to do the same when it is time for anything name brand AR related. Do a Google search and you will see that our reputation for fast shipping and do what it takes customer service is well known.

Marshall