• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cheap Remington 700?

Mike0341

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Houston Texas
I see people talk buying a 700 for around 350 all the time but so far i have yet to see one in person. i hardly see a 700 at the local walmart and when i do i believe they are around 500.

Does remington make a cheap ass version of the 700? no frills, POS stock, and noodle thin barrel would be ok with me since i mainly just want the action. i looked on the web page and didn't see anything of the sort.

i have seen actions for sale for around 450 and I'm starting to think that may be the best route.

any help in finding a place that sells a cheap 700 on a regular bases would be greatly appreciated since i plan on having a 30-06 and a 300 win built as time goes on.

Thanks and Semper Fi
Mike

Re: Cheap Remington 700?

Wait until deer season ends and hit the pawn shops

Usually walmart, dick's, someplace like that will have them, I haven't looked recently but my 30-06 adl came from my local walmart a few years ago for about 325 + , tax. Keep watching and you'll find one

thanks for the help. i haven't thought about a pawn shop. thats a good idea.

yea my friend picked up a 30-06 for around that price from walmart. so far no luck on my end. maybe they can order one so ill have to ask if thats possible. if not then ill just keep my eyes open.

thanks for the info.

I was in Walmart today looking for 9mm ammo, and they had sps rifles for $410 and there was a $40 cash mail in rebate from Remington.

Don't forget to check at Acadamy sports. They stock nothing but the bare bones cheap models. On black friday I picked on up for 280 plus tax and it came with a cheapo scope stock and crap barrel none of witch you could sell if you wanted to but its a good action.

yea i was just in academy not tho long ago. forgot all about looking at the rifle rack. ill stop back in there and check it out. i never thought they sold the cheap 700s. i know they stopped selling the stevens 200 in my area a while back so hopefully they carry the bare bones 700 still.

thanks everyone and happy holidays
Mike

I usually hit the Academy or pawn shops to get project actions. Also check TexasGunTrader for some good deals on R700's. I picked a Win 70 Classic off there the other day for 5 bills. Sure its not a 700 but its an example. Also have picked up several BDL's off there with Leup Scopes for $600-$650. Sure you pay more but sell the scope and you pay less.

Academy normally has the ADL in a crappy stock for about 379

Mike, I live in Houston and I've purchased 2 700 30-06 BDLs in the last 12 months for $350 ea with scopes in pawn shops. Both look almost new. Just start hitting them and you'll find one pretty quick. I'm looking for a 700SA(donor rifle) now. I just saw a BDL 700 .270 last week for $359 with a Bushnell 3x9 on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Layton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I live in Houston and I've purchased 2 700 30-06 BDLs in the last 12 months for $350 ea with scopes in pawn shops. Both look almost new. Just start hitting them and you'll find one pretty quick. I'm looking for a 700SA(donor rifle) now. I just saw a BDL 700 .270 last week for $359 with a Bushnell 3x9 on it.</div></div>

thanks for the heads up. ill start hunting after the holidays for sure since hunting season will be ending and all those failed attempts might sell off their rifles lol.

do you shoot at ASC? if so let me know. I'm buying a new bullet seater after xmas (getting a forster ultra micro i think its called) and might go shoot after new years (too much going on around the holidays to get any trigger time.

I do shoot there and at Carters I am trying to get time to take my new build out to the 600y range. Sometime this week I hope.

Just bought one two days ago at academy for $415 out the door...700 in .243.

Brand new for $339 often at Bi-Mart. Stores are in Oregon, Washington and Idaho (http://bimart.com/stores/index.aspx). Yes to 300 RUM caliber for the $339 base price when asked. Package usually in black sometimes stainless (never both same time), always black plastic stock with sling mounts, and packages includes a Remington-brand scope.