• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheap rifle stock

UncleLen

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2022
Latham N.Y
So, bout 12 years ago I bought a Rem 700 ,300 Winn mag, w/ 5R barrel, had some true-ing work done on it and the rifle shot 1/4 moa easy, and I like the HS Precision stock but wanted a different look and didn't have the money at the time for a McMillan or a Manner, so I took my chances on the Choate sniper stock, at the time I wasn't sure about the look but when it arrived, I did like the weight, this rifle had a kick, but had to buy a can of OD green paint cause the molded green stock's color was just plain off. As I kept looking at this stock it was getting uglier, but worse, was the blind magazine, so I decided to open it up. I started cutting and drilling on the press, and you would be surprised how much aluminum was in that bedding , I was impressed, I bought Accuracy International bottom metal for Rem 700 ,to include 2 clips , and steal hex head reciever screws, at this point at 100 yards ,this rifle can put 3 shots in a dime on a good day using IMR 7828 with a 165 HPBT, I can't complain, I'm looking for a HS Precision after market M-24 stock for this rifle , Anyone wanna buy a stock w/A,I bottom metal for a Rem 300 Mag ?? PS, I did sand Col. Plaster's name off the side !

Way to much reading just to try to pawn off the worst stock in the history of stocks…..

27DD37C5-86F8-4AF1-93E8-CE62817D87CB.jpeg

About the"cheap rifle stock" , one reply was giving me a heads up why everyone's underwear is is a bunch, so thank you for that, but even the first reply claimed it was a story! And that's all it was, me making light out of my own bad purchase but making it better, looking at some of the shooting platforms y'all have on this sight are just awesome ! This would be the last place to try and sell a Choate (Col. Plaster stock) Read my story "fucktard" it obviously is not an add !! Ass waffle !!

I know a guy who shoots a 300 lapua mag with a Choate stock into a 12"x14" plate at a mile very consistently.
So they can't be all that bad.
Ugly as hell though. lol

Read my story "fucktard" it obviously is not an add !!
It's an amusing story and I think many of us have purchased the cheaper option a time or two so we can relate.

That being said this part:

I'm looking for a HS Precision after market M-24 stock for this rifle , Anyone wanna buy a stock w/A,I bottom metal for a Rem 300 Mag ?? PS, I did sand Col. Plaster's name off the side !
Is what can easily be construed as an off sides ad to try to sell your stock and circumvent forum protocol. I'm sure if you edit your post to remove that, it'll help.

Reactions: Average guy
Anyone wanna buy a stock w/A,I bottom metal for a Rem 300 Mag ??
Your first post on SH

Hard to see where anyone would assume you want to sell something without being a supporter

People trying to side step the rules……..It never happens so I’m surprised anyone picked up on it……. 🙄

I could give 2 fucks what shit you are shooting. But trying to sell out of the PX and not being a supporter, then like I said read the rules fucktard.

About the"cheap rifle stock" , one reply was giving me a heads up why everyone's underwear is is a bunch, so thank you for that, but even the first reply claimed it was a story! And that's all it was, me making light out of my own bad purchase but making it better, looking at some of the shooting platforms y'all have on this sight are just awesome ! This would be the last place to try and sell a Choate (Col. Plaster stock) Read my story "fucktard" it obviously is not an add !! Ass waffle !!
go be poor somewhere else

I've got this parcel of land in Terlingua Tx.

It's very scenic and quite most of the year.

The development association has told me it is soon to be a destination hot spot so----------------

Mmmm I will give him a pass as he is right who would buy that stock. So a misinterpreted attempt at humor. I must admit I bit on it too. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Gohring65
Then we see you at the stop light with the cardboard sign saying you're homeless.
"Will beg for ZCO."
"I need ammo. Anything helps..."
"Hard times.... Only 20 guns...."

• Haha
Reactions: adubeau