• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Cheapest FFP 34mm scope with Zero Stop turrets?

man32ahan

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Fairfield, Illinois
What’s the cheapest 34mm FFP scope with zero stop turrets that you’re aware of?

From my research, it appears that the Riton RT-S Mod 7 5-25x56IR is the cheapest I’ve found with everything I want. $1099 MSRP

Let me know if you know of any cheaper.
As mentioned, must be 34mm, FFP, and zero stop turrets.parallax of ~25 yards.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: looks like the Burris xtr II is cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swannaa
I've never heard of Riton scopes and I suspect most of those here have never heard of them either. These days it's easy to start a scope company, you order a certain spec scope from one of the Asian optics houses and you're in business. The best of the optics houses that make scopes for others would include Japan's Light Optical Works who makes the Gen II Vortex and other excellent tactical scopes. Riton may have spec'd and might sell a very good scope for the money but I don't think they've been around long enough (founded in 2013) for there to be much information on whether that is true or not. From looking at their website, the 5-25 scope you mentioned looks pretty primitive.

If it were me, I would go with one of the scopes that have been around long enough to have a track record of reliability and from a company that can and will provide good service in case something goes wrong.

A further consideration is that if the adjustments are reliable and repeatable, the glass is acceptable, then the next most important thing is the reticle. The Vortex EBR-2C reticle in the PST Gen II 5-25 is one of the best precision rifle reticles out there, and the SCR-Mil reticle in the Burris XTR II 5-25 is very functional also. The reticle in that I saw on Riton's website is primitive at best, it looks like a mildot reticle that we would have seen 35 years ago. It has big dots every full mil and no other hashmarks or dots anywhere else. In my mind that leaves the Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 and the Burris XTR 2 5-25.

Furthermore, if you willing to wait for the right scope and willing to do some due diligence on the seller, I'd pick up a used scope here on the SH Exchange. You will find excellent prices on used Vortex, Bushnell Elite Tactical, and Burris scopes. Or if you don't want a used scope, I believe that both Vortex and Burris have LE/Mil discount programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: man32ahan
What’s the cheapest 34mm FFP scope with zero stop turrets that you’re aware of?

From my research, it appears that the Riton RT-S Mod 7 5-25x56IR is the cheapest I’ve found with everything I want. $1099 MSRP

Let me know if you know of any cheaper.
As mentioned, must be 34mm, FFP, and zero stop turrets.parallax of ~25 yards.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: looks like the Burris xtr II is cheaper.
That is a bad way of choosing your optics.
FYI Burris minimum focus is 50 yards.
You would be far better off getting a 30mm tube scope that meets your other requirements.
It's not like 30mm scopes are unusable, they were the industry standard "large tube diameter scopes" just a few years ago.
The toughest nut to crack is your minimum focus distance.
The Burris is an excellent choice for the budget minded.
Go here: https://www.burrisoptics.com/first-responder-personal-purchase-program

Burris also has a military/LEO program called the First Responder program. The link is on their website.

Also for 5 more days (3/31) Burris has a $200 rebate on select XTR II's.

I've never heard of Riton scopes and I suspect most of those here have never heard of them either. These days it's easy to start a scope company, you order a certain spec scope from one of the Asian optics houses and you're in business. The best of the optics houses that make scopes for others would include Japan's Light Optical Works who makes the Gen II Vortex and other excellent tactical scopes. Riton may have spec'd and might sell a very good scope for the money but I don't think they've been around long enough (founded in 2013) for there to be much information on whether that is true or not. From looking at their website, the 5-25 scope you mentioned looks pretty primitive.

If it were me, I would go with one of the scopes that have been around long enough to have a track record of reliability and from a company that can and will provide good service in case something goes wrong.

A further consideration is that if the adjustments are reliable and repeatable, the glass is acceptable, then the next most important thing is the reticle. The Vortex EBR-2C reticle in the PST Gen II 5-25 is one of the best precision rifle reticles out there, and the SCR-Mil reticle in the Burris XTR II 5-25 is very functional also. The reticle in that I saw on Riton's website is primitive at best, it looks like a mildot reticle that we would have seen 35 years ago. It has big dots every full mil and no other hashmarks or dots anywhere else. In my mind that leaves the Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 and the Burris XTR 2 5-25.

Furthermore, if you willing to wait for the right scope and willing to do some due diligence on the seller, I'd pick up a used scope here on the SH Exchange. You will find excellent prices on used Vortex, Bushnell Elite Tactical, and Burris scopes. Or if you don't want a used scope, I believe that both Vortex and Burris have LE/Mil discount programs.
I ve seen them at local gun shows hereNY and in Nothheast,Pa ,fairly cheap prices but I did not buy one ,not knowing how good they are II risked my money on a vortex instead 30 mm is till a real fat scope for me,where’s it end ?50 mm tube? As far as cheap is concerned $100 and below is what o used for years Tasco s ,Simmons cheap bushnells they were swapped back and forth between 45-70 ,30-30 ‘s ,30/06 and 22’s they are mostly still working for deer hunting and squirrels,the only reason I bought these big Vortex’s was for my Bergara BMR.HEY if the guy wants a low priced 34 mm ,he can try one and let us know how it works out,ive topped out with these,I refuse to spend $1500 on a scope unless I hit the lottery.

Last edited:
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 and Vortex Venom 5-25x56 come in at $800 and $500 retail, both have a zero stop and 34 mm tube and 15 yard parallax.

Reactions: YotaEer
dotd_dead.gif

:rolleyes: Cheapest, Bestest, Lightest, toughest, etc., IS eternal internet fodder. There are a thousand of these threads.

Not to worry, if you google or duckduck shit like that you get ten pages of advertisements, paid articles (advertisements), and loads of idiots who don't know WTF they're talking about and are being paid to say some bullshit... It's worthless.

If you want to actually know it really does come down to chatrooms with real people who are into whatever avocation you're talking about who will give you the real deal information. I don't care if it's rifles, sewing machines, or router tables. There is a forum for people who are into it, and they actually know WTF they're talking about without being a paid shill. You may as well skip searching the internet, and go straight to those forums and start searching if you have a question.

Just put "best rifle scopes" into google to get an idea of how fucked up search engines are... It takes more time to go to the people who are actually interested and do it, but there is no substitute. There are thousands of these same threads on all those other sites, and reading through a few of them yields actually usable information and all sorts of things that just won't appear till page 20 on a www search engine.

Reactions: MarinePMI and BCX
I would go with one of the scopes that have been around long enough to have a track record of reliability and from a company that can and will provide good service in case something goes wrong.

A further consideration is that if the adjustments are reliable and repeatable, the glass is acceptable, then the next most important thing is the reticle.
+1

I actually think it's better they necro a thread rather than starting a new one.
why? do you like reminiscing about the old days and like seeing all those red banners next to names?

Its a 5yr old gear thread. so much has changed that most of the thread is irrelevant.

Depends on if you use good 5 yr old gear or are one of these guys that has to have the newest and ooooh! Best gear out there.when it’s good alright but there’s a hell of a lot a better and well tried old gear out there.if you don’t like old posts why not auto delete anything after three weeks? Why? Because there’s a lot of old good info out there .I shoot a long range 30/06 Mauser I built years ago with a Shilen barrel,it’s still better and smoother than most crap built today and way more accurate than a lot.120 year old tech, just cuz it’s old don’t mean it should be silenced.

Depends on if you use good 5 yr old gear or are one of these guys that has to have the newest and ooooh! Best gear out there.when it’s good alright but there’s a hell of a lot a better and well tried old gear out there.if you don’t like old posts why not auto delete anything after three weeks? Why? Because there’s a lot of old good info out there .I shoot a long range 30/06 Mauser I built years ago with a Shilen barrel,it’s still better and smoother than most crap built today and way more accurate than a lot.120 year old tech, just cuz it’s old don’t mean it should be silenced.
informational threads are timeless, threads asking for the latest and greatest gear is not. Would you pick up a 5yr old Rifle magazine and look for gear? Auto deleting some of these would actually be doing us a service.

informational threads are timeless, threads asking for the latest and greatest gear is not. Would you pick up a 5yr old Rifle magazine and look for gear? Auto deleting some of these would actually be doing us a service.
And yet, here you are, continuing to post on this thread, thus ensuring that it stays at the top of the thread list.

My club has a collection of leather binders with American rifleman and other NRA mags dating back to the 1940s a world of info some would say some good,some bad ,some useless.each is a year of pristine magazines and each magazine is a month in a year of stored information hardly close to what can be stored in a computer disc ,drive,or website today,however,I say,no information is good,bad,or useless,that is a label determined by each user and only analogous to him at the time he is searching.example what if a person is looking for clothing styles of the 1940’s there are a bunch of ads depicting these styles in some of these mags,something not thought about in magazines about rifles but there nonetheless ,also hunting styles of clothing what kind of shoes and the gun stories normally searched for, who was the real JC Higgins( a mid level executive in Sears ) Thank the lord we can go back to these old posts and if we get side tracked and accidentally start a conversation about one and someone’s else’s interest causes them to join in so what? It may even be a bit embarrassing personally to start a conversation with some one who was there a month ,a year,or a few years ago maybe that guy might be around yet or someone else and remember an unanswered question about that subject,and it becomes useful again,that is the thing with computers,it can almost transcend time.Maybe that’s what bothers some guys,it’s too much like time travel!! They can’t bend their little minds around it,it’s too strange it hurts their brains and they have to complain or cry about it ,it’s like a single sentence of a song that keeps playing in thier head. RELAX MAN! It’s just information,ignore until you need it,it won’t hurt you.

Reactions: CaseFinder
My club has a collection of leather binders with American rifleman and other NRA mags dating back to the 1940s a world of info some would say some good,some bad ,some useless.each is a year of pristine magazines and each magazine is a month in a year of stored information hardly close to what can be stored in a computer disc ,drive,or website today,however,I say,no information is good,bad,or useless,that is a label determined by each user and only analogous to him at the time he is searching.example what if a person is looking for clothing styles of the 1940’s there are a bunch of ads depicting these styles in some of these mags,something not thought about in magazines about rifles but there nonetheless ,also hunting styles of clothing what kind of shoes and the gun stories normally searched for, who was the real JC Higgins( a mid level executive in Sears ) Thank the lord we can go back to these old posts and if we get side tracked and accidentally start a conversation about one and someone’s else’s interest causes them to join in so what? It may even be a bit embarrassing personally to start a conversation with some one who was there a month ,a year,or a few years ago maybe that guy might be around yet or someone else and remember an unanswered question about that subject,and it becomes useful again,that is the thing with computers,it can almost transcend time.Maybe that’s what bothers some guys,it’s too much like time travel!! They can’t bend their little minds around it,it’s too strange it hurts their brains and they have to complain or cry about it ,it’s like a single sentence of a song that keeps playing in thier head. RELAX MAN! It’s just information,ignore until you need it,it won’t hurt you.
Or....it could be you responded to an old thread without realizing it, because you were in a rush to post something. Anything. And then people started ribbing you about it. 😂

No harm, no foul. It happens. But playing it off as a reason to espouse a dissertation of information and knowledge transcending time? Well, that's one I haven't seen in a while, but it is clever...

I disagree…I think everything needs to be silenced. 😏😏😏

When it happens,as said you catch yourself ,as you said Marine,but if someone else join positively then it’s become useful and and good stuff,it’s only when some dweeb ,who had nothing to do with it at all,gets negative about it because it bothers him,he could just go away ,but he can’t,his negativity won’t let him.there’s Good positive energy and bad negative energy ,we strive to always use the positive energy.Can I give you a Semper Fi?

When it happens,as said you catch yourself ,as you said Marine,but if someone else join positively then it’s become useful and and good stuff,it’s only when some dweeb ,who had nothing to do with it at all,gets negative about it because it bothers him,he could just go away ,but he can’t,his negativity won’t let him.there’s Good positive energy and bad negative energy ,we strive to always use the positive energy.Can I give you a Semper Fi?
missedthepoint.jpg

Maybe it was originally accidental,but the reason was not just to hurry up and make a post for whatever reason,I don’t normally do posts for a score,to have more posts to my credit ,if that was what you were inferring,when I make a post ,it is for two reasons ,either I have something original,that I feel is important to shooting and rifles,that I feel needs to be said,or,I read something someone else has said which is of interest to me and I feel I have something positive to contribute or maybe I see something that is safety oriented that needs input from my experience.
Sorry if it’s still “ over my head” say it more clearly.

Arken is the only scope in this category. Period.

Vortex Venom.
I'd rather spend the extra on a Strike Eagle or Arken, honestly. The Venom isn't very feature-rich like the others. Plus, I've been told the SE has better glass than the Venom. I have a Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C, and it's nice. The locking turrets are great. The turrets feel good, and I like the fact the RevStop lets me go backwards 1/2 MIL incase I need to dial at something closer than my 100 yard zero.

Reactions: Gohring65
I'd rather spend the extra on a Strike Eagle or Arken, honestly. The Venom isn't very feature-rich like the others. Plus, I've been told the SE has better glass than the Venom. I have a Strike Eagle 5-25x56 EBR-7C, and it's nice. The locking turrets are great. The turrets feel good, and I like the fact the RevStop lets me go backwards 1/2 MIL incase I need to dial at something closer than my 100 yard zero.
can confirm glass is shit. other than that it fits all my needs as far as features.

Reactions: FuhQ