• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Cheapest OBD-2 car to get to 400hp?

Re: Easiest(cheapest) OBD-2 car to get to 400hp?

Only 28? I honestly would have expected more from a civic. What compression ratio are you running?

I had 1000cc injectors. A 2.4L motor and a 63mm turbo. I think stock c/r is 9:1 in a k24a1. Its a 550whp car getting 28mpg not bad if you ask me.

My evo when it was stock was far less than 28 it was like 22. My friends 360whp camaro was somewhere around 28 and I would give him a 10 car jump and just playing around and in one gear would catch up to him by his door then pedal him and stay door to door with him.

civ1o.jpg
civ2a.jpg

I'd personally do a STI or Evo with cams,down pipe intercooler and injectors for 400+ reliable horsepower and AWD handling to boot. But in a pinch,this car sold for $10,000 and was over 525FWHP,Pretty much was best in a straight line though.LOL

Yea that's the route I'm getting his attention on but he wants obd2 td

Alright, since this thing has died down, let's add a twist.

1.fast car
2.beater, and a bike(not liter of death bike, but 600 or 750. My 86 hp 450lb zx-6e was fast enough.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont mean to rain on the parade of some of the previous posts in here. But I used to have a 550+ whp civic, my friend has a 400whp rotrex supercharged civic with a 75 shot of nitrous on top of it. Both cars had bone stock motors in them. In fact the car my friend has actually has the same motor that was in my turbo car making 550whp. Tuning is key to everything, for the people that slap a nitrous or turbo setup on a car and think everything is hunky dory your wrong, and the end results are something that you hear about all the time...pop goes the piston!!

I will have to see if my buddy still has all his videos of him racing, and beating 4-500whp mustangs and camaro's with his measily 75 shot on a bone stock motor no super charger or turbo.

</div></div>

Was his car supercharged or not?

So much of this racing stuff depends on the driver. I beat a guy in a Porche GT3 while driving my BMW M3. No way that should have happened. You should have heard him abusing that gear box and clutch.

Some cars pull much better from a dig than at the top end as well.

My M3 was a highway beast, I could never take a lightly modded STI from a dig to 50ph though.

My Mustang would run a 12flat 1/4. This car royally sucked on the freeway though, 4spd with a 3.73 rear end. My top speed was about 125mph.

Cheap, reliable 400 HP OBD2 turbo car?

Supra.

All the smaller displacement stuff is generally either going to be expensive or unreliable.

Don't get me wrong - I build high powered Toyotas for a living - I've made over 600 on 1.8 liters. But its never cheap, and rarely reliable unless done REALLY REALLY right. (which also mens expensive)

For a daily driver you are better off starting with a bit more displacement - makes getting to that goal much easier.

I don't personally build them, but the 03/04 Cobra option is also an excellent suggestion.

But seriously - 400 HP on a Supra is stupid easy. Ebay ex. manifold, big single turbo, EMS and you're done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX_M10BA_Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't personally build them, but the 03/04 Cobra option is also an excellent suggestion.

</div></div>

+1 probably still the best bang for the buck out there. You can pick up a low miles car for under $20K, they get about 25MPG highway factory and with mods and a good tune can go over 30MPG.

They are rated 390 crank stock but are extremely underated. My 03 I bought 100% stock made 394 at the tires and with just a catback and intake made 430 then from there I built it like crazy. My 04 I bought with X pipe, catback, and intake and it made 440WHP, then I did a pulley and tune and it made 470WHP. So for less than $1000 in parts you can have a 470whp car. If you want more your only about $5K away from 600+ RWHP. $3000 gets you a lightly used whipple or KB with throttlebody, $350 for a set of injectors, $200 for a boost a pump, $200 for a MAF, $500 for a clutch and resurface the stock flywheel, and a couple other things and you can 100% reliably make 600-640WHP on pump gas of 700-800WHP on E85 or race gas. E-85 would require a little more fuel system since it requires 30% more fuel but it's 104 octane so it's worth it. There is also E98 ethanol though it's harder to get that is over 120 octane.

They are great cars, my current 04 has been making 620WHP 600WTQ on pump gas more than 3 years now and I beat the crap out of the car. The engines will hold 800WHP no problem since they are built with a very solid forged crank, Manley forged H-beam rods and Mahle 8:5.1 17CC dished pistons. The T56 trans is also very strong but if you try to launch it at the track a lot with 600+WHP it will likely snap the input shaft, but the 26 spline liberty upgrade is only $250 and is pretty easy to install. The alluminum DS will never need to be replaced, and the IRS is pretty solid aswell. With just a billetflow IRS brace you will likely never have a problem but the stock halfshafts can snap if you let it wheelhop. Bushings and a few other mods to prevent wheelhop are pretty cheap and simple to install, and level 5 halfshafts that will support 1000HP are available for about $2000.

If you have a little more dough to spend the 2007-2011 GT500 are just as easy to mod, and their whole drivetrain down to the clutch will hold 800HP. You can find used 07's with low miles for under $30K no problem. Another great option is the C6 Z06, they're 505HP stock and only 2900 lbs. With basic bolt ons and a cam it will make 600+ and will be as fast as a 03/04 cobra or GT500 on high boost and race gas. Just stay away from the 2006 model and get a 2007 or newer because the 06's has problems with the oil system.

The 03/04's with blower swap on pump gas will run mid 10's, and GT500's will do the same. C6Z's have run high 10's 100% stock on the factory runflats, and will run high 10's with a decent set of drag radials no problem. With cam and full bolt ons if you can get it to hook it won't have any problem running 9's. The best part is any of these cars will get 30+ MPG highway making this power and be as driveable as stock but be able to unleash all of hells fury on somebody if you feel the need. I got to the point with my cobra's nobody except high HP supra's and such would race me so I started racing bikes. There's no 600 out there I couldn't destroy and most 750's went down aswell as older liter bikes. Theres nothing like cruising late at night, having a pack of unsuspecting bikes run up on you and leaving half of the pack and staying right there with the modded 1000's.

My buddies supra is a whole nother story, he's putting down around 1200WHP now and you name it he beats it. Turbo busa's, built ZX14's, no bike has yet to beat his new setup.

Nitrous isn't cheating, it's just fun!

bottlefront.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Bang for buck though, I'd go with an LS1.. Dime a dozen, easy to make got fast. Decent project cars.

Best bang for the buck, IMO it is a 2003-2004 SVT Cobra Mustang. 281 cu. in. 4V supercharged engine, rated at 390 hp in factory trim. $1,400 will get you a smaller supercharger pulley, cat back exhaust, and a programmer that'll push you close to 500 hp.

Gofaster I would like to have one, but I could have a decent LS1, and a beater cavalier or VW TDI for the $18-20K the Terminators are going for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you refering to an NAt, or a TT? Looking at $19K used </div></div>

Ya asking about the Supra? TT is the way to go.

One nice thing about the Supras is that their value locked stable over 10 years ago and it hasn't changed since. So you can buy one, use it for 5 or 6 years, and most likely sell it for the same amount.