• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheat Day

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    What does your cheat day look like? How many calories or do you just say eff it .
    I slammed 3 eggs , hash browns , shit on a shingle on white toast , Chicken Fried Steak an Sausage Gravy for Lunch . Cheesesteak , fries an pizza for dinner topped off with 5 highballs and counting for dinner/night . Oh and a can O Pringles . I will burn at least 4k tomorrow with hit and lifting .
    What's your cheat day ?

When I did all that, it was Krispy Kremes, Mc Donald’s large fries (a couple), root beer floats, In-and-Out Double Doubles, and whatever else I knew I’d need to get in when I could.

Now, I just enjoy everything in moderation, including exercise. Too many years of beating the absolute crap out of myself. Catches up to you.

When I did all that, it was Krispy Kremes, Mc Donald’s large fries (a couple), root beer floats, In-and-Out Double Doubles, and whatever else I knew I’d need to get in when I could.

Now, I just enjoy everything in moderation, including exercise. Too many years of beating the absolute crap out of myself. Catches up to you.
    I used to eAt a double cheeseburger and fries before the gym sometimes, still was losing weight..........and now I’m fat again.

I used to eAt a double cheeseburger and fries before the gym sometimes, still was losing weight..........and now I’m fat again.
    Cheeseburgers are God’s gift to dudes. If you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

My abs are long gone, but I’m doing okay and am pretty dang content.

back when i was able to train hard….i never had to worry about what i ate. ho-hos, cookies, cake, anything i wanted. only problem i ever had was trying to eat enough to not be hungry. i’d eat sometimes 6 times a day. and when i got hungry, i HAD to eat.

then i had kids, training slowed down, about the same time my metabolism slowed down. these days my joints limit what i can do. shoulders are toast, and the lower back isnt much better. even push ups cause shoulder popping and pain.

my next move is to drop ten pounds…and i dont go real overboard with anything while dropping weight…more of controling how much i eat at each meal more than anything.

Cheeseburgers are God’s gift to dudes. If you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

My abs are long gone, but I’m doing okay and am pretty dang content.
    I usually ate pretty clean but some days I just needed it. I’d eat 4-7 times a day back then I probably paid the bills at a chicken farm somewhere.

Reactions: Familydude
    I trained pretty hard when I was younger. Had a couple years where I hit about 1k pushups a day. I am not exaggerating. Thousands of pull ups. Running, swimming, time on the bike, motocross. Did about 1k working dives. Now my body is saying FU! It’s ok. When I look back, I have no regrets. I relate to @myronman3 . My shoulders hurt so bad I can’t do push-ups, I couldn’t do pull-ups if my life depended on it. I am still walking pretty hard and getting back into it after this foot surgery. Like I said, no regrets.

I trained pretty hard when I was younger. Had a couple years where I hit about 1k pushups a day. I am not exaggerating. Thousands of pull ups. Running, swimming, time on the bike, motocross. Did about 1k working dives. Now my body is saying FU! It’s ok. When I look back, I have no regrets. I relate to @myronman3 . My shoulders hurt so bad I can’t do push-ups, I couldn’t do pull-ups if my life depended on it. I am still walking pretty hard and getting back into it after this foot surgery. Like I said, no regrets.
    Rock on dude, no regrets

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Ice cream is my weakness. I can destroy a gallon of some type of ice cream no problem. Pizza too.

The cruel thing is that the older you get the more diligent you have to be to keep the lbs off. Then you have to weigh the risk vs reward when it comes to injury and training hard. I seem to have more cheat days the older I get...

Ice cream is my weakness. I can destroy a gallon of some type of ice cream no problem. Pizza too.

The cruel thing is that the older you get the more diligent you have to be to keep the lbs off. Then you have to weigh the risk vs reward when it comes to injury and training hard. I seem to have more cheat days the older I get...

Lol, beat me to it.

1 piece of cheesecake on Saturday nights. Maybe a one of the big chocolate chip cookies they have here at the chow hall on random nights. The rest of the week I do pretty good on eating with meats/veggies/fruits. I tend to stay away from highly processed carbs most of the time. I might do some pizza every other or every 3rd week at dinner.

Ya hurt sittin on the couch or getting up and movin . I honor your getting it .
    AHOOO .
    I turn 56 in a couple weeks . Weight ballooned up to 225lbs and Doc says I got high BP and Crisco . I mean cholesterol . Been eating perfect and re lit the furnace . Doing Super Circuits and HIIT .
    For the record I have 5 herniated discs . Broke ; foot , wrist twice , rib ,fingers ,eye orbit , nose , jaw , and every toe at least once . Torn rotator and connective/soft tissue damage to left leg top to bottom .
    Yeah I hurt . And I'm both stupid and OCD .
    NOT dick measuring . When yer shit hurts walk-in at pace may as well be running the Darby Queen .
    Again you sir are a stud .

I’d go way overboard eating anything and everything on cheat days, but as of the first of the year I’ve cut it back to just a cheat meal on the weekends. I’ve dropped 7 lbs and feel better having stopped the “eat everything in sight on cheat day” approach.

Damn, @502Chevelle with 1K push-ups a day. I’m at 400-450 about every other day, but 1K/day is on a whole other level.

dad? is that you?
    my old man will eat ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert if no one is watching him. and i dont mean AFTER breakfast, lunch and dinner……i mean FOR.

….Doc says I got high BP and Crisco . I mean cholesterol….
    :ROFLMAO:

20220129_062225.jpg

Reactions: mtrmn
    POTATOES. whatever form. When I cheat it goes bad. I hit that shit like an Ethiopian at a buffet.

Pizza would be a second.

Back in my gym rat days my cheat days consisted of…all of the food

Eggs w/cheese and oatmeal w/ peanut butter & honey for breakfast

The left side of a fast food menu for lunch. And a Diet Coke, of course

Dinner was a whole DiGiorno frozen pizza, a pint of some good ice cream. Washed down with a few good beers

All while snacking on fresh fruit, protein bars, maybe some cheese during the day
    Believe it or not you can eat that shit on Keto .
    That’s because eating a low carb/high fat diet isn’t bad for you
    Let some cream cheese soften to room temperature and add it to these and you have a snack worth eating
    That sounds so fucking good. Will try sometime

Last edited:
    Let some cream cheese soften to room temperature and add it to these and you have a snack worth eating

After you let it soften, add a tin of this to your cream cheese:
    001374769.jpeg

Don't put potted meat in it. Underwood isn't lips and assholes.
    I call it redneck pate.
    Lifesaver on low carb and keto.
    I like it best with celery.

After you let it soften, add a tin of this to your cream cheese:
    View attachment 7796399

Don't put potted meat in it. Underwood isn't lips and assholes.
    I call it redneck pate.
    Lifesaver on low carb and keto.
    I like it best with celery.
    This is another keto snack I discovered recently. Use pork rinds like crackers and spoon this into your face hole. That was a revelation for me

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    My cheat day is the usually one day a week I go out for lunch with the guys. It's whatever looks good on the menu. Otherwise it's a protein drink and fig bar, for breakfast and lunch. Supper is whatever decadence my wife puts on the table. She refuses to cook any other way. 😁 Admittedly, I'm usually dizzy all day when I'm sticking to the high protein, less carb diet, but my workout is a modified 5x5 resistance program, along with cardio four days a week. I'll keep it up, as long as I can tolerate the discomfort from arthritis and shoulder spurs. I hurt worse, if I lay off the gym. For now, I'm 5'10", 240lbs at about 12%. I'm 54 and each year gets harder.

Diet is a lifestyle. No cheat days. They are just giving yourself permission to do something you know you should not, because reasons. Kinda like pointing a gun at your head "because it is unloaded." If you are on a diet that you need to cheat on, you need a new diet...

I'd love to know what kind of HIIT and lifting workout burns 4000 kcal. That's about 5.5 hours at an average power of 200 watts.
    Average male diet is 2k a day . 1hr cross fit and 1/2 an hr of HIIT . After burn and the rest of my daily activity puts me at 4k .
    Or my math sucks and Um a tard . Alright um a tard but still at 4k .

Average male diet is 2k a day . 1hr cross fit and 1/2 an hr of HIIT . After burn and the rest of my daily activity puts me at 4k .
    Or my math sucks and Um a tard . Alright um a tard but still at 4k .

Agreed on the 2k baseline (can be considerably more for those with significant mass). But 1hr of Crossfit is probably more like 500ish calories, and I could manage to do another 500 kcal during an interval workout on the bike but I'd want to puke afterwards. For the latter, I'd get a much more optimistic estimate by using heart rate instead of actual power, especially if I'm working at normal indoor temperatures where it's likely that an increase in body temperature will cause "cardiac drift" (an increase in heart rate that reflects the body's cooling needs and not an actual increase in metabolic rate). "After burn" is largely a myth invented to make the middle-aged gym cougars feel better about their efforts; a bump in your post-workout heart rate of 10-20 BPM for a few hours doesn't represent any significant increase in baseline metabolism

The bottom line is that you should be conservative with estimation of calorie consumption during workouts.

My personal experience for my metabolism is including after burn . I have personally experienced that sustainable weight loss centers around increasing metabolic rate . Diet , yeah . I find that if I light the furnace it keeps burning .
    I dropped 12 lbs in 3 weeks . Of that this last week was about 1lb . That's a 3500 calorie deficit .

My wife runs cross country ultra marathons, ran one in November. 34.4 miles through the mountains. She ran for 6 hours 44 minutes. She burned 3,250 calories after almost 7 brutal hours of running mountain terrain. I know she’s just a little female but I think burning 4k takes a monumental effort like that.