• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft check my math

Re: check my math

1/8 = .125 x 10 = 1.25" at a 1000 so you are correct

1/4 MOA Scope = .25 x 10 = 2.5" at a 1000 I am on such a roll now...too bad I sucked at math in school

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, if you do that consistantly (and especially in a BIG match) you are the worlds champion. </div></div>

guy on another forum is claiming this accuracy with a "Model 1 E.R. Shaw 24" extra heavy barrel upper w/Konus M30 6.5-25x44"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, if you do that consistantly (and especially in a BIG match) you are the worlds champion. </div></div>

guy on another forum is claiming this accuracy with a "Model 1 E.R. Shaw 24" extra heavy barrel upper w/Konus M30 6.5-25x44"

</div></div>

Go throw the Bullshit Flag on him.

Well, not precisely.

1 MOA = 1.047 inches at 100 yards, so 1 MOA at 1000 yards is 10.47 inches.

One eighth of 10.47 inches is 1.31 inches.

Lee Rasmussen set a new .50 BMG Single Target World Record at the FCSA 2009 World Championships held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM this 4th of July by shooting a 1.955" 5-shot group in the Heavy Gun Class 1000yd record competition and by doing so breaks the late Skip Talbot’s 2.600" long standing single-group record set in 1999 by over 1/2". Lee’s group works out to .1868 MOA.

http://www.6mmbr.com/schatz1000.html

prey tell....what was he driving to a .125 MOA at 1k yards.

guy has yet to reply, i am very very curious as to what he has to say

My wife bought me a Ruger #1 in 204 with a Scheels 6X18 Scope on it with 1/8 Min Clicks. Its a pain in the butt, I loose track in my counting and I can't hold 1/8 min. anyway.

I dont know who made the scope for Scheels, its a pretty good scope except for the 1/8 clicks. I'd rather have 1/4.

Shoot I'm still happy with my 1/2 moa clicks on my high power guns.

i know what you mean about 1/8 min clicks. I bought a swavarski 8 power fixed. It took me a lot of click to get it on paper.