• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Check out this BEAVER!

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
It took a while to get this baby back. This is the largest beaver my taxidermist had ever seen. I know they get large but I have never seen one close to this with my own eyes. I've only heard stories. I used my hat for reference. Since photos never do anything any justice I threw in my hat so you could see that its head is almost as large as mine.

IMG_5284.jpg

Re: Check out this BEAVER!

You sure thats not a Capybara? that is freakin monstrous , awesome taxi job as well!

Winona is quite pissed. You killed and stuffed her big brown beaver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It took a while to get this baby back. This is the largest beaver my taxidermist had ever seen. I know they get large but I have never seen one close to this with my own eyes. I've only heard stories. I used my hat for reference. Since photos never do anything any justice I threw in my hat so you could see that its head is almost as large as mine.

IMG_5284.jpg
</div></div>

You had my hopes up for a second. We got bigger Nutria down here than that. Our Nutria would have that Beaver pimped out by sunset.

Nice, congrats.

Nice Beaver! I thought the HOT girlfiends thread had moved here for a second! I killed one by throwing a pitch fork at it. It was pretty cool. Mine wasn't near that big.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Beaver! I thought the HOT girlfiends thread had moved here for a second! I killed one by throwing a pitch fork at it. It was pretty cool. Mine wasn't near that big. </div></div>

Thats as funny as my co-worker beating a g-hog to death with one wack from a broomstick

Yea Jared, I went back and looked at that Beavers Head compared to your hat. Damn what a head...............

that Beavers head is also impressive
wink.gif

I'm a little north of the Coon Ass Line but thats OK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I caught some big nutria on the coast but nothing even close to this sucker. </div></div>

You aught to see a wet Nutria get hit with a 50 grain V-Max out of a 22-250, what a show.

why did the beaver cross the road?? i dont fookin know but i do know that i hit him while he was in the process on HWY 1 close to lock and dam number 5 just south of Shreveport, sucker was about 25lbs, at 65mph...who needed an alignment after that one, yours truly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jephs422</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd totally eat that. </div></div>

I know some guys that used to trap Beaver, said it tasted like beef. Funny, I thought it would have tasted like tuna.

Roscoe,
Don't make me bring my laser down to coonville. You can ask your buddies about that one if you really want a laugh.

Any time you want to rid some critters let me know. I'll bring the beer & the laser.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReflectionsBurn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why did the beaver cross the road?? i dont fookin know but i do know that i hit him while he was in the process on HWY 1 close to lock and dam number 5 just south of Shreveport, sucker was about 25lbs, at 65mph...who needed an alignment after that one, yours truly</div></div>

I think the beaver you hit probably needed an alignment as well!

cant shoot them here in wa, without a trappers lic. but have weighted 2 that were over 50 lb , that seem to have died suddenly from natural causes . . . have seen one that was over 70 . yours looks like 50 + lb . nice work

Tuck one of those hats in the box when you send my rifle...................nice beaver.

And I have eaten beaver...both kinds...the one that didnt taste like tuna did, in fact, taste like beef. Was chopped and BBQ'd. Good stuff.

Rob we are waiting on new hats and shirts.

With it's head hollowed out and no blood in it from sitting in 6 foot of water for an hour until I finally found it, then frozen for a day it still weighed 50 pounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boomholzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Winona is quite pissed. You killed and stuffed her big brown beaver. </div></div>

Good Primus reference got passed over. At least I laughed.

JJ:
50lbs is a lot of beaver but they have a big beaver contest at the spring Beaver Roundup festival north of us in Dillingham and I've heard numbers over 60.

it'd be nice to go to bed at nice and be surrounded by beaver every night. Shaving a mounted beaver would hillarious.

That said, that is a nice beaver. Looks like you just had it stuffed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UgashikBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are several 50 pounders in these two bedspreads. I don't think 50 pounds would get you far in the Dillingham big beaver contest.
BeaverMinkBedspread.jpg
BeaverSpread3.jpg
</div></div>

The good news is the pelts still repel fluids!!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

I bet your wife has a fit when she comes around the corner now and catches you petting that Beaver over and over...

Shave 1 Stripe right down the middle of its back. Then it would have the ever popular "Landing Strip".

Last hunin season I shot a 52lb bager on the side of the road.
it was sitting on top of some deer road kill. I will have to post some pics when my taxi gets it done, I am having it done up fighting over a jack rabbit with a yote. It was the biggest frickin Badger I have ever seen.

that bedspread is one of the coolest things i have seen all year...

super cool...

bad ass beaver as well...good job...

A few years ago I shot a male and female pair. When I went down to retrieve them, I was having a hard time carrying them back up the side of the riverbank. My Great Uncle who was with me at the time, said those were the largest beavers he had ever seen. Wish I would have gotten some pictures. If I were to take a guess I would say that they were over 50 lbs each. I just remember I was pretty damn tired after carrying up the side of that bank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_5284.jpg
</div></div>

Very nice looking mount! Look good in my office if you ever get tired of it
grin.gif

"the problem with a beaver is, once ya catch it ya gotta stretch it"
...previous co-worker

seriously though...I've caught a couple over 60lbs

Why would you want too??

I have choosen (from time to time) not to harvest a beaver simply due to its size.

You're a hell of a sportsman Jered!!!