• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Check out this Gold medal winner's stock.

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    1627337168022.png

That's pretty cool!

At the level those guys shoot... aesthetics are not even close to mattering. But that has sort of an industrial feel to it.

Thanks for posting! I haven't been following the "Wokeyo" Olympics at all. But nice to see that there are some shooting sports that are still recognized as better sports than Badminton and, probably, ballroom dancing.

Cheers,

Sirhr

What is it? Ergosign has something similar and so do Precision Fit, but neither look to be an exact match.

This appears to have been Hancock during the 2012 Olympic qualifications and he's got an Ergosign on the gun there but it's not the same stock (and/or gun) as in the recent pic:
    1627338241686.png

Reactions: oneshot86
    What is it? Ergosign has something similar and so do Precision Fit, but neither look to be an exact match.

This appears to have been Hancock during the 2012 Olympic qualifications and he's got an Ergosign on the gun there but it's not the same stock (and/or gun) as in the recent pic:
    View attachment 7675107
    My guess is that stock was made for him off a mold of his grip. If I remember right, their old hammerli pistols were done the same way.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    My guess is that stock was made for him off a mold of his grip. If I remember right, their old hammerli pistols were done the same way.
    Or else used a stock grip with a kind of putty to mold it to their hand. Walther target pistols, bullet and pellet both, did that, among other manufacturers.

And could be, at least the pistol grip. Either way, it's a nifty piece of hardware. Odd-looking to my eyes, but nifty.

Oh and wanna bet that he not only didn't kneel... but said a 'Thanks' to a country that would let him represent them to win a gold medal in shooting things?

No blue hair... no cut off genitals. Just a great American doing great America stuff. Shooting shit.

'Merika!!!

Sirhr
    Georgia country boy. Nice guy and guaranteed he stood for the Anthem...

View attachment 7675107
    Both the OP and this look like the same exact stock, minus the decal

Reactions: Charger442
    US Army First Lieutenant Amber English smashed the women's record and defending Olympic champ Diana Bacosi of Italy for gold today

Forza Perazzi!

Plus some serious thiccness.............
    View attachment 7675132
    The Army Marksmanship Unit rocks!!!

Sirhr

I'm not sure how current pricing is vs 2020's but I felt it in my wallet just looking!

It's just as well; most of my guns would look like unholy abominations with one of those fitted.
    Wouldn't bother me a bit, I'm kinda partial to the pistol grip, and it might be fun to try it on a shotgun. That stock, most likely, would more than double the value of my Beretta. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
    Reactions: BrienM
    Wouldn't bother me a bit, I'm kinda partial to the pistol grip, and it might be fun to try it on a shotgun. That stock, most likely, would more than double the value of my Beretta. :ROFLMAO:
    Well for one thing, only a few of my guns have a separate stock and forearm; most are one-piece wood. And for the ones that do, only the Win 97 and Italian Colt Lightning would be suitable since they're slide-actions and it'd be the most comfortable.

My dad's got a Japanese-made Winchester over-under he bought at a US Army PX back in the late 60s, though. Might work OK on that.

Well for one thing, only a few of my guns have a separate stock and forearm; most are one-piece wood. And for the ones that do, only the Win 97 and Italian Colt Lightning would be suitable since they're slide-actions and it'd be the most comfortable.

My dad's got a Japanese-made Winchester over-under he bought at a US Army PX back in the late 60s, though. Might work OK on that.
    It that Winchester is a 101, you'd do better to leave it alone. It shoots fine.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
    I bet that stock company has a full voicemail box, a thousand e-mails and an overnight backlog that will take until the Next olympics to fulfill!

Talk about product placement!

Sirhr

TBH stocks like that have been known in serious skeet and trap worlds for some time now.

TBH stocks like that have been known in serious skeet and trap worlds for some time now.
    Absolutely. But now is a non-serious skeet and trap shooter world is going to be all over them just as fast as they can whip out their master cards to try and be like the Olympics dude.

Monkey see monkey do. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s awesome for the stock company. But I bet there are a ton of people that just have to have one because they saw it on the inter-webs

Cheers

Absolutely. But now is a non-serious skeet and trap shooter world is going to be all over them just as fast as they can whip out their master cards to try and do you like the Olympics dude.

Monkey see monkey do. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s awesome for the stock company. But I bet there are a ton of people that just have to have one because they saw it on the inter-webs

Cheers

Oh I get what you're saying. None worse than USPSA shooters. When Ben Stoeger was destroying Production Nationals with a Tanfoglio everyone was trying to get some. Then Max Michel came in pushing the 320 hard and now the 320 is the carry optics darling.

Me, am about to go back to Glocks soon, but I'ma nobody.

And just like that… we are reminded that this IS the Bear pit! :D

Indeed it is.

I watch her match video from earlier today. The goodness extends around to the back.........looks like she's been hitting the squat rack hard.

Indeed it is.

I watch her match video from earlier today. The goodness extends around to the back.........looks like she's been hitting the squat rack hard.
    How many boxes of clays and cases of ammo does she lift a week?

Not to mention, she is an active officer. And the AMU takes their PT seriously! Being a ‘show’ unit!

She is All-American awesome!

Sirhr

Is it just me or is anyone else cringing at her pointing the muzzle directly at her head? I'm not up to speed on shotgun protocol but you'd get DQ'd at any match I attend for this.

I know what you're talking about but once you step into the shotgun sports world you have to either abandon what you think is safe gunhandling or leave to go back to where you came from.

I left competitive sporting clays as an A class shooter for that reason. My blood pressure is a lot lower in USPSA matches and we're running the fuck around with cocked and loaded pistols.

I know what you're talking about but once you step into the shotgun sports world you have to either abandon what you think is safe gunhandling or leave to go back to where you came from.

I left competitive sporting clays as an A class shooter for that reason. My blood pressure is a lot lower in USPSA matches and we're running the fuck around with cocked and loaded pistols.
    I guess I have never really had that experience, granted nearly all the sporting clays around here your in the box between the posts. You do not back out until the gun is open.

The $2-3k on the stock is really not that bad, cost of a nice chassis or Carbon fiber stock is pretty close to that also. I have wanted to get some more adjustable stocks for my 2 Blasers, but just have not done it. I bought both of them with base level wood on them hoping to do it and just have not.

I always wondered where the money goes in modern shotguns. A few hundred years ago, when a craftsman was fitting and heat treating parts for a sidelock by hand it made sense. It was like fine watch making. Most big name manufacturers are using CNC manufacturing nowadays, even on $25k plus guns.

I always wondered where the money goes in modern shotguns. A few hundred years ago, when a craftsman was fitting and heat treating parts for a sidelock by hand it made sense. It was like fine watch making. Most big name manufacturers are using CNC manufacturing nowadays, even on $25k plus guns.

There is still plenty of hand fitting in any quality double gun, even mass produced ones like the Beretta 68X and 69X series of shotguns.

On top of that there are two barrels and they have to be joined, brazed, and regulated. Not something any CNC machine can do.

I guess I have never really had that experience, granted nearly all the sporting clays around here your in the box between the posts. You do not back out until the gun is open.

I got tired of people carelessly sweeping me with the excuse that "it's open". IDGAF. If I ask you to not do it, don't fucking do it.

One of the guys I regularly shot with would open and then immediately close the gun even before stepping out of the cage when done. I told him many times to stop that shit and would not listen. The last straw for me was when he forgot to pull one live shell out and closed the gun on his way out. Another shooter saw the brass head as the gun was closing and called him out of it. He still didn't give a fuck so right then and there I stopped ever shooting with him and soon after left the sport completely.

I'm a USPSA RO and I will DQ anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat for any violation of USPSA's gun handling rules no matter how short the duration of the violation was or how trivial he/she thinks the rule is.

It that Winchester is a 101, you'd do better to leave it alone. It shoots fine.

Probably. but it can definitely be improved. They made a ton of them over the years, great guns, very reliable, because they are a copy of the Superposed.

ive got one from the 70s with atleast 150,000 rounds through it, its been ported (not by me, i could take it or leave it) and has a G2 air cylinder recoil shock and adjustable cheek and butt pieces. I shot it for a while and now its my wifes. the action is sloppy, could easily take a full action rebuild but she wont let me touch it. i did replace firing pins and springs when she broke one, but thats been it.

customize it and use it like you want to. for some reason, in factory form, they tend to kick more than most guns do. but not nearly as much as the Citori Special Sporting Clays i tried to get her into. that gun sucked.

I got tired of people carelessly sweeping me with the excuse that "it's open". IDGAF. If I ask you to not do it, don't fucking do it.

One of the guys I regularly shot with would open and then immediately close the gun even before stepping out of the cage when done. I told him many times to stop that shit and would not listen. The last straw for me was when he forgot to pull one live shell out and closed the gun on his way out. Another shooter saw the brass head as the gun was closing and called him out of it. He still didn't give a fuck so right then and there I stopped ever shooting with him and soon after left the sport completely.

I'm a USPSA RO and I will DQ anyone and everyone at the drop of a hat for any violation of USPSA's gun handling rules no matter how short the duration of the violation was or how trivial he/she thinks the rule is.

Agreed. The 3/4 rules are AND'd - not OR'd - for good reasons. People make mistakes and form bad habits, and equipment fails. Pointing a barrel at my head, action open or closed, increases the chances that I'll gain an unwanted orifice.

There is simply no reason to ever sweep someone with the muzzle while engaging in recreational shooting. Yeah, I get that it happens when some people are doing actual work, but that's a different risk profile than I'm willing to tolerate from a bunch of fat old guys at the range on a random Sunday.

I'll leave this here for the "it's just birdshot!" crowd:

one of my favorite things about going to the range is seeing all the really nice guns people own and sometimes getting the chance to shoot them .
    even the grumpy old people at the range perk up to talk about their firearms , reminds me of going to car shows and seeing expensive loud toys people have and they almost all have stories about the ones that got away .

Absolutely. But now is a non-serious skeet and trap shooter world is going to be all over them just as fast as they can whip out their master cards to try and be like the Olympics dude.

Cheers

yup....this monkey wants one!!

haha

but seriously...

DT

Is it just me or is anyone else cringing at her pointing the muzzle directly at her head? I'm not up to speed on shotgun protocol but you'd get DQ'd at any match I attend for this.
    What @308pirate said. Getting swept by shotgun muzzles is just par for the course in the shotgun sports
    Her gun is opened.
    Go ahead and sweep someone with a rifle at a PRS match ("but, my bolt is open") or with a pistol at a USPSA event ("but, the slide is back"). It's a first time match DQ, no second chances at the local event I attend. Keep it up and you'll find out how a gun barrel tastes...

Reactions: Jefe's Dope