• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek piece comfort

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
Hey guys any foams or paddings you would recommend for cheek pieces? Currently shooting off a KRG bravo and MDT LSS XL 2.

$0.99 sheet of self adhesive foam from Michaels and 5min with a razor.

DABD3DD7-4FC4-429D-B989-4A4D8DFB505F.jpeg

If you want more padding and a bit of Gucci factor, I've used these on my AIs and like them a lot. Only downside is they add a lot more thickness than a sheet of foam, so if you're limited on how low your cheekpiece goes, or you need it shifted far to one side, it might affect your head & eye position.

https://wiebad.com/mini-stock-pad/

1583866246084.png

+1 on the amazon self stick foam.

Reactions: Islas82
I've only used it once at the range, but it was very comfortable. Fits the manners perfectly.
Red snake tactical with shock gel pad. Pretty good selection of colors also. I think it was around $40
1583883267727.png

Reactions: MattSplat
I don't know if others have had the same experience, but I suggest thinner foam instead of thick. The thicker it is the harder of a time I've had trying to get it to stay attached to curves like the top of a cheek piece.

Did it help the comfort of the vetter holster?
It made a huge difference. It’s nice because the material isn’t thick so it doesn’t change the dimensions of the holster. It’s also kept that suede softness for almost two years now. It’s a cheap upgrade that I’d do to any holster.

• Haha
Reactions: canezach
I have the Wiebad pad for my McM A5, and Hoptic USA saddle cheek covers for my JAE chassis', and I prefer the cheaper Hoptic USA ones to Wiebad. The Wiebad starts to get uncomfortable if you are sweating.

The DIY versions mentioned above are essentially the same thing as the Hoptic USA pieces I use, and cheaper. That's probably your best bang for your buck.

Any issues with the foam coming loose?

I cleaned the surface and it keeps coming off?

The Armageddon Gear cheeky bastard is the best thing I've used, and I have used almost everything suggested in this thread. It does take a bit for the mesh to break in and not feel scratchy, but it's *well* worth the short break in period.

On my old MDT chassis I took a paint roller and applied some plasti-dip to the cheek piece. Once it was halfway set up I smoothed it out with a wet finger for slight texture. Was a little softer than the polymer, added just enough texture, and best of all, felt less cold on the 0 deg range trips. When I sold it I just pealed it off. Probably will try some of the self adhesive foam on my Bravo before getting a Wiebad Mini.

Any issues with the foam coming loose?

I cleaned the surface and it keeps coming off?

What are you cleaning with?

I wiped with a paper towel with a bit of isopropyl alcohol, then quickly wiped off with a clean one. Did this three times to make sure any oils were off the surface.

What are you cleaning with?

I wiped with a paper towel with a bit of isopropyl alcohol, then quickly wiped off with a clean one. Did this three times to make sure any oils were off the surface.
Isopropyl as well

Wiebad cheekriser pad works great and requires no glueing, never had an issue with it being uncomfortable, sweat, or otherwise.!

Another vote for the self stick neoprene foam pads off Amazon. This was $10 for a 6-pack, 1/8" thick. Clean off the surface well with IPA (or soap and water if it's painted) and it has stuck well for me.

Attachments

• DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 118
I like a very thin pad and went with a self adhesive felt used on bows. It seems tough enough, and really keeps the cold stock comfortable. I picked it up on Amazon.

Ok got the sticky foam today that canezach recomended. I cleaned my cheek piece with isopropyl alcohol as was recommended placed a pad and followed with a razor. So far everything is sticking like it should and is very comfortable. I have never been good in staying in the lines so my cutting was not the best but it’ll do. Thanks to everyone that helped me out with this.
DB14FA02-4AFB-4312-A03E-5AAF3DE04763.jpeg
28128A1B-F7DC-48F3-AD74-8387E559E823.jpeg
40027B45-52C1-4858-8335-C49E2B9C2EFF.jpeg
8145C1C5-59FB-4A3D-8A30-F633238FF9D6.jpeg
D417F6B0-47D9-43C7-A1E9-F4E9FD0D4BF2.jpeg
557D7C39-1061-4FC6-9F32-9DA2336A78E9.jpeg