• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek piece idea

bvt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2007
new england, MA
Anyone ever try to mount a cheek piece like a Karsten or XLR and attached it using just Velcro? I know- dumb idea, but is it possible especially with some clamping tension on the over the top of the stock from the cheek piece itself.

Re: Cheek piece idea

You should be able to with no problem. While the tear strength to pull velcro apart isn't much, the shear strength is very high.

Velcro works. I used it along with a formed piece of aluminum on my Remington 597 for awhile. It worked so good that I left it on for my summer long turtle hunting escapades.

If velcro doesn't hold like you want, 3M makes a stronger product called "dual lock." It's adhesive backed like regular velcro. There isn't a male side and a female side, it's all the same. It's made up of little plastic umbrella shapes that snap into each other. You purchase different strengths graded by the square-inch density of posts.

I have been using cheek pads by Beartooth products. They work well, are removable and are inexpensive.