• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cheek piece riser needed

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Where can I find a stock riser to get my eye alinged with the scope?

I would prefer one that I didn't have to drill the stock.

I can't lower the scope any further or raise the stock anymore.

Re: Cheek piece riser needed

It really all depends on how much additional height you need at the comb as to what options will work. Here are a few different routes you can take without drilling or permanently modifying your stock.

1) You can go cheap with some 100mph tape and some old mousepads (there is a "How To" thread around here somewhere with more info, but its easy as hell...ugly as hell...but cheap and easy). Just use enough layers of pads to get to the height you need, them tape them down.;

2) You can get an Eagle or other similar stock pack and add some additional height that way. Again, depending on how much more you need, you may end up going the mousepad route under the pack and using the pack to cover the pad/tape.

3) You can go with a stick-on type pad like those from Kick Eez, etc. that sticks to your comb with 3M type adhesive that will give you some additional height at the comb. These are nice pads that will get you around 1/4" of additional material for around $17 or so.:

http://www.kickeezproducts.com/cheek-eez.php

It appears to be about 5/8 to 3/4 of a inch

I'd go with a Karsten's. I like to be able to raise and lower the cheek rest. Makes it easier to get the bolt out. Makes those holes worth it IMO.

look under your right hand.....

mouse pad under either a stock pack or similar bullet holder etc.

double it up for double the height, or do what i did, get an old snowboard stomp pad and stick that to your cheek piece, wont slip around and is basicly mouse pad but with sticky on one side.

or just mouse pad under some elec tape.

cheers, jimi

There was a thread in the bolt action forum a while back where a member used a cheek piece from XLR industries. It would require drilling your stock but if I remember correctly it was a fraction of the cost of the Karsten and added a little different look. it looked damn good! Just throwing out another option. I plan to add one of theirs soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a thread in the bolt action forum a while back where a member used a cheek piece from XLR industries. It would require drilling your stock but if I remember correctly it was a fraction of the cost of the Karsten and added a little different look. it looked damn good! Just throwing out another option. I plan to add one of theirs soon. </div></div>

Here's that thread. I'm waiting on one of these from Kyle right now myself.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2227118

In Brownells there are a series of sticky back foam cheekpiece risers that you can get in various heights from 1/4" to 1 1/2" or so. The are made for shotgun shooters to adjust comb height on their shot guns buI I have one on a couple of hunting rifles that have been there for 6 or 8 years now and work great. They are made by "D&E Scope Eze" and are on page 323 of the #62 catalog. Not cheap at $30 to $40+ but good durable gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In Brownells there are a series of sticky back foam cheekpiece risers that you can get in various heights from 1/4" to 1 1/2" or so. The are made for shotgun shooters to adjust comb height on their shot guns buI I have one on a couple of hunting rifles that have been there for 6 or 8 years now and work great. They are made by "D&E Scope Eze" and are on page 323 of the #62 catalog. Not cheap at $30 to $40+ but good durable gear.</div></div>

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=15487/Product/SCOPE_EZE