• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cheek rest mod.

scpaul

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2014
central..... S.C.
I don't know if this really belongs in gunsmithing. I have a laminated wood stock that I have worked on so that it fits me. I'm considering cutting the top of the comb and setting it up so that I can adjust the comb for eye alignment to the scope. Now I'm using a ctg. sleeve with dense foam under it to fit/lift my cheek. Has anyone ever cut the comb and refitted it so that it's adjustable and is there a kit for this purpose? I think that I can get some pieces from a wood workers supply but I don't want it to look like it was just rigged.
Thanks, scpaul

I don't know if this really belongs in gunsmithing. I have a laminated wood stock that I have worked on so that it fits me. I'm considering cutting the top of the comb and setting it up so that I can adjust the comb for eye alignment to the scope. Now I'm using a ctg. sleeve with dense foam under it to fit/lift my cheek. Has anyone ever cut the comb and refitted it so that it's adjustable and is there a kit for this purpose? I think that I can get some pieces from a wood workers supply but I don't want it to look like it was just rigged.
Thanks, scpaul

Joe Ducos does installs, his contact info is at the bottom of the page.

Thanks, scpaul
I have a Ducos installed Loggerhead on a 700 in an HS stock…as in compost and not wood stock.

For wood stocks, there are a vast array of stock smiths who install adjustable comb (it’s a comb…not a cheek piece) hardware that adjust up/down as well as left right...typically on shotguns as clay target shooters have been doing this for decades while seemingly a more recent advent in rifles.

It’s an easy job that is often done during a wknd skeet/trap tournament.

A couple I have done business with in the past:

1681159048412.png

This ^^ guy...Todd Nelson...travels the country to shoots and may be in your area at some point...give him a call

This guy ^^ is an artist...custom stock maker but of course does adjustable combs and butts

Donny Gemes and ShowMe Gunstocks ^^ has also been doing this stuff for decades

Best of luck

Last edited: