• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek riser for a hunting stock

Johnsond19d

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2018
I’m looking for a cheek riser To put on my hunting stockI would prefer not to drill into the stock but I’m having a hard time finding anything that will work I’m just looking for suggestions maybe I’m missing something thank you

Do they mount solid? I don’t plan on beating up my rifle but everyone knows it will happen

Do they mount solid? I don’t plan on beating up my rifle but everyone knows it will happen
Mine did. The riser needed to be flexed a little to make it fit. Read the reviews on the link above. I bought a short and a tall and I’ve ended up using them both now. And, it’s cheap enough that if you don’t end up using it, it’s no big loss.

It depends how high you need to go. When I have faced this same problem, I have used a stock bag, something that gives you some storage AND a decent bit of cheek padding.

These work for me....

https://www.triadtactical.com/All-Triad-Stock-Packs/

In addition to the two McMillans I just put one on a Pre 64 Winchester Model 70 standard stock. They are solid.

P7268021.JPG

Buy the extra lift kit (its just velcro strips you can make your own) and you will have lots of adjustment.

The Triad Tactical stock pack is what you seek. I've put them on a few hunting rifles with larger objective scopes and they are phenominal. They provide customizable comb height adjustment, additional storage if you need it, they come in a multitude of colors and patterns, and the suede cheek pad feels great on your face.
IMG_20180927_204839.jpg

+1 on the stock packs. I prefer the PIG stock packs since they have ammo loops inside the zippered pack. It also has soft synthetic suede for your cheek. If needed, you can build up height by placing foam underneath.

In addition to ammo, I keep ballistic cards, a bore snake and a variety of hex wrenches to accommodate scope and trigger adjustments in the field.

It's held up really well over the last 4 years I've owned it. Elastic is still strong. The only apparent "wear" is a bit of face-oil sheen on the suede.

PIG.GIF
PIG.669-8T.jpg

Tac ops makes a really nice stock pack. I have one on my 308 and have been very happy with it.
F88DDB5D-143B-4199-A682-1E3300129DAA.jpeg

Another vote for Triad Tactical Stock packs, or what I normally use, their Stock Pad, without the pouch!!!!! I have these on all my rifles... Hunting or Long Range Precision!!!!! Great products!!! As others have said, height adjustable, don't move around.. Idaho-5R

Another vote for Triad Tactical Stock packs, or what I normally use, their Stock Pad, without the pouch!!!!! I have these on all my rifles... Hunting or Long Range Precision!!!!! Great products!!! As others have said, height adjustable, don't move around.. Idaho-5R

I have a few Triad Stock Packs distributed among rifles that don’t have enough stock height to get a good cheek weld.
I have gone to the modular type with the Velcro backed cartridge loop strips, putting the cartridges inside the pack for hunting trips ( less to snag or get hung up, still easy to access ). No issues so far.

I have a few of the Beartooth cheek risers, as well. They are inexpensive, don't do any damage to your stock and have various height pads. They are a lot easier to apply when you remove the barreled action from the stock, although not entirely necessary, just fewer expletives!

Reactions: JMGlasgow
I also like the Beartooth pad. The have 4 or 5 different pads and you can you them in different combinations to get the desired lift. I have 2 rifles with them and will ordering more for the rest of My rifles and the plus side they can be ordered through Amazon.

Had anyone cut a hole in the beartooth for flush cups? Need to mount flush cups still so may go with one of the other solutions if I have to.

The flush cup on my rifle is just covered by the Bear tooth so I'm not going to cut into it but move it over to place the flush cup
Had anyone cut a hole in the beartooth for flush cups? Need to mount flush cups still so may go with one of the other solutions if I have to.

There's a cut out/stitched opening at the rear for a stud/flush cup dealie...

529183.jpg

VooDoo