• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cheek riser setup that is easily removable to share rifle?

atepointer

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Nov 20, 2018
    I use quite a tall cheek rest that almost no one else can use comfortably. I'm ok not having my setups readily shareable on my other rifles, but my new CZ 457 22lr I'd really like several other people be able to easily shoot most notably my dad. He however requires basically no cheek rest build up. I've always used PVC insulation taped around the stock with some athletic gauze, but that is not ideal to take off each time dad want's to shoot with me taking turns on the rifle.

My next thought was to somehow get the wide velcro pads and stick the permanent base on the rifle. The sticky side would have maybe a few layers of mouse pad glued on top of each other for me.....when dad's ready to shoot I peel off the velcro top built up with mouse pad.

Not wanting to drill the stock with some of the manufactured options just yet if I don't have to. I know there are a lot of smart inventive people here who might have a solution for a quicker on/off sharable rifle setup. Thanks guys

There are plenty of Kydex ones that you can through bolt on the stock and move it up and down. I think i paid $10 or $15 for one. just keep an allen wrench in the range bag. I got mine on ebay, made by someone in columbus ohio in his garage.

i made a kydex one and stuck velcro on stock (loop side) and hook side on rest and holds in place perfectly and easy to remove

i made a kydex one and stuck velcro on stock (loop side) and hook side on rest and holds in place perfectly and easy to remove
    I've made several of the Kydex ones using velcro and they work great for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0720.JPG
      IMG_0720.JPG
      1.1 MB · Views: 546
    • IMG_0732.JPG
      IMG_0732.JPG
      975.3 KB · Views: 338
    Reactions: QSHOT