• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chest Rig Molle Webbing - What's everyone using?

onetoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Stockton, California, USA
Looking for a chest rig to carry magazines and other necessary equipment used in a tactical competition. Just want to see what everyone is using and recommends.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Chest Rig Molle Webbing - What's everyone using?

Check with Nick Painter here on the hide. He is making so pretty cool stuff. I think he goes by HasgunWilltravel

Very good dude!!!!

i have a bds tactical vehicle operators chest rig. never really used it

Thanks for the fame, Benji(I think, kick me in the balls if I am wrong in the fall).

Here is a pic of what hit the prize table at ASC.

The whole pack is being redone, but this is the layout that was given at ASC, and very positive feedback and suggestions were given, by some of the most elite shooters in the country, wich heavily influenced a few changes.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

There is nothing on the chest at all, no buckles, no crap. If shooting prone, this is the gig.

Thanks for the information. I have one the SOTECH Hybrid Hydration Harness and padded pistol belt on order.

Does Grand River Tactical still make that rig? I did not see it on their website?

I have been running the Tac Tailor MAV, simple and pretty good quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Grand River Tactical still make that rig? I did not see it on their website?</div></div>

It's not on the website yet because its brand new, and I am clearing all orders off my plate, then after my new shop gets built, is high on my list to get it on the web site and a group buy/field testing program going around the first week in June. Just in time for spring/summer match/shooting season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Grand River Tactical still make that rig? I did not see it on their website?</div></div>

It's not on the website yet because its brand new, and I am clearing all orders off my plate, then after my new shop gets built, is high on my list to get it on the web site and a group buy/field testing program going around the first week in June. Just in time for spring/summer match/shooting season. </div></div>
Its good to see you back at it Nick! As always let me know when the new items start up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Grand River Tactical still make that rig? I did not see it on their website?</div></div>

It's not on the website yet because its brand new, and I am clearing all orders off my plate, then after my new shop gets built, is high on my list to get it on the web site and a group buy/field testing program going around the first week in June. Just in time for spring/summer match/shooting season. </div></div>
Its good to see you back at it Nick! As always let me know when the new items start up. </div></div>

Wife says go big or go away, so going to give it a big go. New equipent, new shop, new start. Life is good. New stuff coming, just want to clear the plate first before I bury myself up to my eyeballs again.

Nick, great to hear that you will be making this chest rig. I look forward to when it is available. Thanks.

Hopefully when you done with final product, you could post pics of the front of shoulder straps. Curious if there are molle strips there to allow a small Kestrel pouch, ear plugs pouch, or ammo pouch on the top.

+1 for Tactical Tailor MAV. Has to be the 2 piece though, and I recommend the optional X-harness. Good quality, and allows you to open in th front to get in a comfortable low prone.

I run the London Bridge PN:2586 Chest Rig
optacticalgear_2102_14014227.jpg

Blackhawk makes a less expensive version that is not quite the same: Modular Low Profile Chest Rig
18-854-IMG1.jpeg

If you have the time to wait for Nick @ Grand River, you should.
His stuff is top notch and has a lot of refinement put into his products prior to production.

My purpose for running the LBT rig is the versatility.
I can use it while running my AR platform, or while lugging a 18lb rifle up and down the mountains @ ASC.
Very low profile and very easy to go prone with.
Originally designed for the local NSW guys here and was built to their exact specs.

All very nice rigs. I'm going to wait for Nick's Grand River rig, as I think it will be easier for prone shooting. But will have to see the final pics.

Good luck with your new shop Nick. Will be waiting to see new rig with money burning a hole in my pocket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the fame, Benji(I think, kick me in the balls if I am wrong in the fall).

Here is a pic of what hit the prize table at ASC.

The whole pack is being redone, but this is the layout that was given at ASC, and very positive feedback and suggestions were given, by some of the most elite shooters in the country, wich heavily influenced a few changes.

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01422.jpg

There is nothing on the chest at all, no buckles, no crap. If shooting prone, this is the gig. </div></div>

Holy crap, thats awesome... PM incoming

Anyone know where to get tan cordura? I can not find it anywhere...

im running the tactical assault gear chest rig works good for what i need. ill try to put up some pice this week.