• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHEYTAC M200

walgren45

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2009
Kansas, Trego co.
Was just wondering if anyone on this site actually owned a Cheytac m200? I just wanted to hear about it. I am saving my money and plan on owning one.

Re: CHEYTAC M200

Not a owner of one yet but shot it a good amount what do you wanna know?

I have been told it is more accurate than the 50 cal. How does it compare to the 50 cal as far as effective range and how close is is it as far as down range penitration? How is the recoil? what is the longest hit on a target made by anyone who has fired one?

I have the M310R in the McMillan action with a QSM suppressor on it. I love that rifle. expensive to shoot but its a monster on long range shooting!

KY if you have a M310 its not a mcmillan action. They have been offered in a 408 and a 375. They have both set extreme distance records. The 375 shoot a 7 shot 16" groups at 2400 yards. Thats just getting it done.

KY all of the M310 have our actions on them. If you have something different its not a M310.

hi !!! someone has this beautiful rifle???? i want pics pics pics pics:D

I was lucky to shoot the M200 with the Cheytac lads at SHOT08 in vegas. SERIOUS piece of kit with the suppressor on!

We were shooting out past 1700 yards up into the mountains with a 6 oclock wind gusting to probably 15 mph.

Had no problems hitting what we were aiming at.
IF I could, I WOULD own one..

c06e6c23.jpg

Well a 50 bmg round isn't the most accurate long range round in the first place for a sniper rifle, the 408 was designed from the ground up for sniping.

That isn't necessarily true. Perhaps when shooting standard 50BMG Ball ammo, but it can be made to be quite accurate. The .408CT was designed to stay supersonic at extreme range (2000+ yards) and it does that quite well, though the 375/408 outperforms out performs it. Still, the 50BMG has Mk211 which gives it a significant edge for HTI over .408CT. They are both cartridges that can be accurate at distance.

The M200 reminds me of a remark I heard a few years ago, about the C-5 Galaxy airlifter.

Whenever they (USAF / ANG) move a C-5, the Pentagon is aware of it.

A guy over on the silencertalk forums just built a can for his 408:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34412

Aside from the profiled barell i cant tell if that is a cheytac or an EDM. He talks about making that handguard himself. I have an EDM M96 nice rifle too and im not sure a cheytac warrents like double the price. My M96 with lathe turned projos will perform at around 1200-1800 just fine. If i wanted to go further i would buy a lawton built 375.
The thing about 50's is, if sht really did go down, 50 ammo would be easy to find vs 408 would be impossible.

CJG

I can't see that site, but that sounds like JimmyM40a2 here on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rotortuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The thing about 50's is, if sht really did go down, 50 ammo would be easy to find vs 408 would be impossible.
CJG </div></div>

I wonder if that is really true? After the recent difficulties obtaining .223 ammo I am starting to wonder...

Sort of off topic, but can the cheytac free float tube/bipod setup be used on the edm 96? If so, can you buy it by itself?