• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Children With Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Re: Children With Oppositional Defiant Disorder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now, I'm sure I could beat her on a daily basis until her spirit is absolutely broken and she is so afraid of me that she becomes an introvert but I'm not trying to break a horse to take a saddle here. </div></div>

I take A LOT of exception to what was said. I make a living training horses, and have started some that wound up being world champions. You dont beat horses to train them. You train them through repetition and consistency while keeping them confident (for the most part). It is no different than you training to draw your pistol. I bet your chief doesnt come beat you with a nightstick if you dont draw your weapon correctly, horses dont get beat if they dont slide correctly. You make the correct things easy, the wrong things more diffucult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now, I'm sure I could beat her on a daily basis until her spirit is absolutely broken and she is so afraid of me that she becomes an introvert but I'm not trying to break a horse to take a saddle here. </div></div>

I take A LOT of exception to what was said. I make a living training horses, and have started some that wound up being world champions. You dont beat horses to train them. You train them through repetition and consistency while keeping them confident (for the most part). It is no different than you training to draw your pistol. I bet your chief doesnt come beat you with a nightstick if you dont draw your weapon correctly, horses dont get beat if they dont slide correctly. You make the correct things easy, the wrong things more diffucult. </div></div>

I apologize. I was making a metaphor, didn't know you trained horses, and wasn't accusing anyone of beating a horse to break it.

For any of you all who might be interested in accuracy in this thread: Psychologists, except in the Military, Indian Health Service, and the States of LA and NM, do not and are not licensed to prescribe medication. In no state is a Psychologist legally licensed to dispense medication.

With respect to diagnosing "mental and behavioral disorders, it has only been within the last two or three editions of the DSM that Psychologists were significantly consulted about the various categories and their markers, let alone creating them. DSM's have been and are the principle domain of Psychiatrists, and, in the case of those Psychologists whose practices require it or whose interventions require it, the DSM does indeed help the holder of the policy and/or the agency to reimbursement. And here, it's important to note, the # of sessions are capped in any given treatment plan, require review by the carrier before additional sessions are authorized, and pay a pittance to the MHP for his or her work; hardly a way to pad anybody's income. The majority of the Psychologists whom I know and with whom I consult are very senior, 20-30 or more years in service, and we do not even think once before refusing any involvement with insurance companies. It doesn't pay what we're worth. So, none of us is hardly looking to "pad" our income from BC/BS, Aetna, blah blah.

Third, with respect to the nature of some of you all's comments about " the beatings will stop but only when the (behavior) improves," I will say this to you, and read it as a respectful comment: it's your family and it is therefore none of my business.

I think I'm going to be rich, I found a cure!

7142-leather-brown-belt-men-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm going to be rich, I found a cure!

</div></div>

Yep, that will stop your skirt from falling down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm going to be rich, I found a cure!

</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Yep, that will stop your skirt from falling down.</span> </div></div>

Ha ha ha! Too funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm going to be rich, I found a cure!

</div></div>

Yep, that will stop your skirt from falling down. </div></div>

I guess it would, but it won't keep the sand out of your vag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm going to be rich, I found a cure!

</div></div>

Yep, that will stop your skirt from falling down. </div></div>

I guess it would, but it won't keep the sand out of your vag. </div></div>

blush.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I take A LOT of exception to what was said. I make a living training horses, and have started some that wound up being world champions. You dont beat horses to train them. You train them through repetition and consistency while keeping them confident (for the most part). It is no different than you training to draw your pistol. I bet your chief doesnt come beat you with a nightstick if you dont draw your weapon correctly, horses dont get beat if they dont slide correctly. You make the correct things easy, the wrong things more diffucult. </div></div>

I apologize. I was making a metaphor, didn't know you trained horses, and wasn't accusing anyone of beating a horse to break it. </div></div>

No worries. Sometimes a person just has their panties in a wad, and I did this morning, I usually try to let shit roll off my back, but I was wrapped tight and in a fairly bad mood this morning.

Take care!