• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

China General: We Can't Challenge U.S. Military

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China's top military officer said Wednesday that his country lacked the equipment and directives necessary to challenge the U.S. militarily.

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on," People's Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. "I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China's coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are seen in China as deterrents."

For emphasis, the general added, "What I'm trying to say is that we do not have the capability to challenge the United States."</div></div>

Source - <span style="font-weight: bold">Fox News</span>

Re: China General: We Can't Challenge U.S. Military

No really, I won't do anything, I can't, stop looking at me, no need to worry.

Anyone remember when Germany told Soviet Union they wanted to be allies because they could never have the ability to support a war on the Eastern front as well as their Western?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China's top military officer said Wednesday that his country lacked the equipment and directives necessary to challenge the U.S. militarily.

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on," People's Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. "I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China's coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are seen in China as deterrents."

For emphasis, the general added, "What I'm trying to say is that we do not have the capability to challenge the United States."</div></div>

Source - <span style="font-weight: bold">Fox News</span> </div></div>

That's somewhat comforting. It raises a question that he was openly sizing up our country though.

I guess it's better than Kim Jong Il who thinks he can take us with a butter knife and an awesome hair due.

That is true what the General says; however, the U.S. has boxed itself in economically and thus strategically. It is not a coincidence that China buys U.S. bonds. First, it helps the U.S. buy Chinese goods and also limits the U.S. in the strategic sense. It makes the U.S. need China as much as China needs us. It makes for a mutual defense pact although not signed.

Interesting,
Complete B/S but interesting none the less.

If high tech wins wars, why did Germany lose WW II? The GWOT is how old now? The Russians were fighting a cave dwelling, rag wearing, goat fucking, fighter. They went home w/o a win.

We lost very few battles in the SE/A war games but I don't recall a win there, nor Korea either.

To this point in history most all wars have been about attrition,...and the ability or willingness to stand it.

DDI an JFK both made comment to,...any hardship any where, no matter the cost,...as bad as I hated LBJ after "HE" read the blood letter, "Attrition", was off the table for him.

Whats changed?

Why would China want to fight us, don't they already own us?

China has long pushed the "Don't worry about us, we're harmless. You Americans are all paranoid." front line. It's psywar propaganda.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China has long pushed the "Don't worry about us, we're harmless. You Americans are all paranoid." front line. It's psywar propaganda.
</div></div>

+1 on that. Saying "nice doggie" while quietly reaching for a rock...

According to a guy named Sun Tzu: "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. PRETEND TO BE WEAK, THAT HE MAY GROW ARROGANT. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

....Just FYI

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a chapter out of Sun Tzu.... </div></div>

and the rest is: Your enemy is my friend:

Pak-China friendship anchor of peace, stability: Gilani
ISLAMABAD, May 8 (APP): Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani said on Sunday that friendship of Pakistan and China was an anchor of peace and stability and both the countries would strengthen their ties to promote regional prosperity.Speaking at an event to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Pak-China diplomatic relations at the Pakistan-China Friendship Centre here, he said that sincerefriendship and deep affection marked the relationship between the peoples of two countries.“We are proud to have China as our best and most trusted friend. And China will always find Pakistan standing beside it at all times,” he said.

The Prime Minister said that Pakistan-China relations were a unique example of abiding friendship, immense mutual respect and close partnership, which is based on immeasurable trust.
“When we speak of this friendship as being taller than the Himalayas and deeper than the oceans it truly captures the essence of our relationship.”
Prime Minister Gilani reminded that the historic visit of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao last year, was a demonstration of the unique relationship. “The visit strengthened the existing cooperation between the two countries.”
He expressed confidence that this relationship would grow in strength in the days ahead.
“President Asif Ali Zardari has visited China six times. Each of these have been extremely beneficial and rewarding.” he said adding, “I eagerly look forward to my forthcoming visit to China later this month. We have and continue to greatly benefit from the support of the Chinese leadership. China’s unique development experience is a model for developing countries like ours to learn from.”
Prime Minister Gilani said that China’s success in various fields was a matter of great pride for the people and the Government of Pakistan. “Today China is the world’s second largest economy. China has achieved this success through hard work, ingenuity, and above all the wisdom and vision of its leadership,” he noted.
Gilani said that Pakistan was fortunate to learn from the experience of a successful friend and a great neighbour. “We are grateful to China for its commitment to share its development experience with us.”
He said successive generations of leaders in Pakistan and China have nurtured Pakistan-China relationship with a common vision.
He recalled that Premier Zhou En Lai had once said that “our relationship began with the advent of mankind”.
“The experience of our friendship in the last 60 years is a testimony to this statement. The Silk Route of yester years has been replaced by the great Karakoram Highway, which was built with the joint efforts and sacrifices of our people. It stands out as a testimony of our commitment to stand by each other. There is no friendship like ours - true and strong,” Gilani remarked.
The Prime Minister also cut a cake to celebrate the occasion.Earlier the Prime Minister inaugurated a photo exhibition depicting various aspects of the Chinese civilization, particularly of the Xinjiang region.
Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan, Secretary Foreign Affairs Salman Bashir and China’s Ambassador to Pakistan Liu Jian attended the event besides a large gathering of Pakistani and Chinese citizens.

http://ftpapp.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?opt...01&Itemid=1

China time tested friend of Pakistan:Masood Khan
ISLAMABAD, May 8 (APP): Ambassador of Pakistan in China Masood Khan said on Sunday that China is time tested friend of Pakistan. He said that China has signed a five year plan with Pakistan starting from 2012 for further improving economic and trade relations.Talking to Pakistan Television, the Ambassador said that according to the plan, around 36 projects including health, education, telecommunication, power and infrastructure developments, would be completed by the year 2016.Replying to a question he said that Pakistan and China had established Free Trade Commission which would help strengthen and increase trade sector of both the countries.

He said that forthcoming visit of Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani to China is very important.
He said that during the visit by the prime minister, leadership of both countries would discuss matters of mutual interest besides bilateral cooperation, diplomatic, trade and economic The Ambassador said that the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs has stated that China would fully support the stance of Pakistan regarding its national interest, solidarity and integrity.
He said that Foreign Affairs of China issued statements that Pakistan had sacrificed a lot against war on terror and taken a number of steps for eradication of menace of terrorism and extremism.

http://ftpapp.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?opt...05&Itemid=2

Quotes from:

http://forum.pakistanidefence.com/index.php?showtopic=93632

Why even bother with the fluff? I doubt anybody actually believes that they can't kick our asses, they certainly know it. So I wonder why they would even create this story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a guy named Sun Tzu: "If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. PRETEND TO BE WEAK, THAT HE MAY GROW ARROGANT. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected."

....Just FYI </div></div>

I think you may have bolded the wrong sentence. I'd bold the sentence prior to that one.

Nobody thinks or will ever think China is weak.

Your huge American Penis...Our penis soooo small. Soooo small...

chinpokomon.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WuLitian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your huge American Penis...Our penis soooo small. Soooo small...

chinpokomon.png
</div></div>

He said my penis what dinosauric...even mastodonic and dwarfed his in size.

No doubt good enough for MSNBC and other mainstream media to echo with dripping sarcasm directed at anyone stupid enough to suspect weak, pathetic, China of any untoward intentions.

And they will...

Sounds like a tremendous amount of ass kissing by Pakistan to achieve the goal quoted below....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">China would fully support the stance of Pakistan regarding its national interest, solidarity and integrity.</span></div></div>

Good gracious, Pakistan is laying it on pretty thick....Me thinks those helicopters full of certain highly trained and motivated individuals may have shook'em-up a tiny bit.
wink.gif

-Pat

"We could never attack you...we can barely get a sub 20 miles off your coast and launch a missile for Christs sake!"

Interesting read... sounds like a load of crap to me.

I think China is capable of mass destruction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would China want to fight us, don't they already own us? </div></div>

LOL, that'd be like stabbing yourself in the pancreas.

China has nukes.

China said if we assist Taiwan in a conflict they will use a nuke on our carrier group (If they get close enough LOL).

However, as said above, they were just doing a recon, perhaps looking for doctrine to use on their shores etc...

I do believe we would win a conflict with China, on our own soil, but not on theirs. They simply have too many people.

The average Chinese people - great, good people. Govt and business, not always so.

For the most part I'd have to agree with the General. Straight up fight (no nukes), yeah I'd say we have the upper hand on either soil. Our capabilities and advancements are greater than theirs, though they are catching. Before anyone gets started I am fully aware of the Japanese invasion of China during WWII and what happened. Still the one problem that we have the Chinese don't, our politicians. Not trying to start a political debate but look at all the conflicts we have been involved with since WWII. When the first round goes down range we have some jack monkey(s) in office squealing what our exit strategy is and making rules only we have to abide by that make any sane person wonder WTF. If the chains were taken off our forces I don't see anyone defeating us presently.

Flyingbullseye

China simply has the numbers to beat us. They could send 300 million Chinese armed with rocks at us and we wouldn't be able to kill them fast enough. They would just over run us. They would beat us in China.

However, they would loss in the USA. They don't have a navy large enough to get that many people over here. Also, 80 million Americans with privately owned fire arms would be another reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China simply has the numbers to beat us. They could send 300 million Chinese armed with rocks at us and we wouldn't be able to kill them fast enough. They would just over run us. They would beat us in China.

However, they would loss in the USA. They don't have a navy large enough to get that many people over here. Also, 80 million Americans with privately owned fire arms would be another reason. </div></div>

Well they had 400 million during ww2 and the Japs had 75 million.With a relatively small number of forces Japan made China its bitch.

I honestly do not think China wants to send their military onto USA soil, and attack us, face to face. But cyber warfare, attacks against govt firewalls, intrusions into lettered agencies, oh yea, I would bet dollars to donuts they are all over that. Funding islamic radicals, backstabbing shit probably right up their alley. America doesnt have the stomach for a war with China, and China doesnt want to invade America. They just want to steal our standing on the world stage and bankrupt us, and they are doing a terrific job of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China simply has the numbers to beat us. They could send 300 million Chinese armed with rocks at us and we wouldn't be able to kill them fast enough. They would just over run us. They would beat us in China.

However, they would loss in the USA. They don't have a navy large enough to get that many people over here. Also, 80 million Americans with privately owned fire arms would be another reason. </div></div>

Well they had 400 million during ww2 and the Japs had 75 million.With a relatively small number of forces Japan made China its bitch. </div></div>

Not entirely but there's still some truth to it. Japan however became bogged down real fast the farther inland they went. China similarly to Russia just up and took its factories and people farther inland away from the Japanese attacks. Much like Germany, Japan also decided it would be fun to fight on multiple fronts against two huge opponents. Unlike the US, neither had the ability to fight on multiple fronts for a prolonged period of time.

As for a 300 million strong army rushing you, carpet bombing in large numbers works real good. You practically can't miss.

Flyingbullseye

They will not go away unless you destroy the Queen.

What are y'all talking about?

All of China's tanks, planes, and missiles are "Made in China"..... 'nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of China's tanks, planes, and missiles are "Made in China"..... 'nuff said. </div></div>

Don't be fooled. The Walmart generation will send every dollar you guys have to them. Once that is done all hell will break loose and if you think that they are incapable of building top notch kit you are delusional. They sell cheap shit here made of cheap material but their designing and manufacturing principles and methods are sound enough for what they would need.

So the circle of idiocy comes back around again. Right when the media was saying that China was a threat, they tell us that they aren't. Sound's like they are trying to rationalize a build up.

I have no doubt that they could beat us in a ground war. Their Army alone outnumbers all of our ground forces, and they actually have physical standard's that are not gradually loosening.

For any force to think it doesn't have it's weakness's I think a few historical references of relatively advanced militaries getting ousted by mere peasant's is in order. One not need to look further than our own Revolution to see a glaring example. Every doctrine has it's weakness's.

We have a treaty with Taiwan that says we will protect them from China....so we give them missiles to aim at China...guess where we got the money to buy those missiles...

The only political reason for China to go to war with anybody would be to make more room in town...lol. There are so many of them one bullet would probably hit at least two Chinamen.

China has numbers but there are other factors that must be weighed.

China's military is relatively inexperienced. Our corps of NCO's and officers have more experience than any other military in the world.

Our weapons and equipment are battle proven.

I think it's safe to presume that we would rule the air within a week's time over any extended battle space. Once air dominance is established then the waves of humanity don't quite hold as much value when you have the capability of carpet bombing them.

Some potential weaknesses.

We've gotten slow and heavy with regards to equipment and the IED threat.

We have a generation of service members trained and focused on COIN and not on conventional warfare.

We've developed a dependence on contractors for satisfying logistical needs.

Also, for better or worse, the military's success can be dependent on the attitude of the people at home. The same is not the case for China's mil/gov which does whatever it pleases.

Something to factor in on our side. We have been fighting Guerrilla warfare for the last ten years. I think we have learnrd a few thing in that time.

Besides you have the Basement dwellers at Arfcom that would swarm the 10 billion chinese in an hour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a treaty with Taiwan that says we will protect them from China....</div></div>

No we don't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a treaty with Taiwan that says we will protect them from China....</div></div>

No we don't. </div></div>

The Taiwan Relations Act (TRA; Pub.L. 96-8, 93 Stat. 14, enacted April 10, 1979; H.R. 2479) is an act of the United States Congress passed in 1979

"The act stipulates that the United States will "consider any effort to determine the future of Taiwan by other than peaceful means, including by boycotts or embargoes, a threat to the peace and security of the Western Pacific area and of grave concern to the United States".

This act also requires the United States "to provide Taiwan with arms of a defensive character", and "to maintain the capacity of the United States to resist any resort to force or other forms of coercion that would jeopardize the security, or the social or economic system, of the people on Taiwan." Successive U.S. administrations have sold arms to the ROC in compliance with the Taiwan Relations Act despite demands from the PRC that the U.S. following legally non-binding Three Joint Communiques and the U.S. government's proclaimed One-China policy (which differs from the PRC's One-China Policy). The Taiwan Relations Act does not require the U.S. to intervene militarily if the PRC attacks or invades Taiwan, and the U.S. has adopted a policy of "strategic ambiguity" in which the U.S. neither confirms nor denies that it would intervene in such a scenario."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Relations_Act

<span style="font-weight: bold">American Generals disturbed by China's military growth</span>

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/25/inside-the-ring-377211977/
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jet delay adds to China threat

The threat from Chinese advanced weapons, including new stealth fighters and ballistic missiles, dominated concerns expressed by senior military officers at a Senate hearing this week on the military impact of delays and problems with the new fifth-generation F-35 jet.

Two senior officers in charge of U.S. air power voiced increasing worries that U.S. forces will not be prepared for a future conflict with China, during a hearing of the Senate Armed Services airland subcommittee on Tuesday.

Air Force Lt. Gen. Herbert J. Carlisle, deputy chief of staff for operations, said China’s rollout earlier this year of a new J-20 stealth fighter, which has made two or three test flights, is very troubling, along with another joint Russian-Indian stealth jet.

Both aircraft could be sold to Iran and affect a future U.S. intervention there against Tehran’s nuclear program.

“Those are discouraging in that they rolled out in a time that we thought there was maybe a little bit more time, although we weren’t sure of that,” Gen. Carlisle said.

The three-star general’s comments echoed earlier comments by Navy Vice Adm. David J. Dorsett, a senior intelligence official, who said of the J-20 in January that “we have been pretty consistent in underestimating the delivery of Chinese technology and weapons systems.”

U.S. military fighters will remain a pace ahead technologically of both the Chinese and Russian stealth jets. But if there are further F-35 delays, “then that pacing is in jeopardy,” Gen. Carlisle said.

In unusually candid comments on China’s growing military power, Gen. Carlisle said: “You need only look across the Pacific and see what [China] is doing, not just their air force capability, but their surface-to-air [missile] capability, their ballistic missile capability, their anti-ship ballistic missiles,” and new missiles that can reach U.S. bases in Guam and Japan.

“All of those things are incredibly disturbing to us for the future,” Gen. Carlisle said. “And again, … we not only have to be able to defeat those, we have to hold those targets at risk, and that’s where these fifth-generation aircraft come in.”

Asked during the hearing what “keeps you up at night,” Rear Adm. David L. Philman, Navy director of warfare integration, said: “Well, the China scenario is first and foremost, I believe, because they seem to be more advanced and they have the capability out there right now, and their ships at sea and their other anti-access capabilities.”

The Pentagon refers to China’s advanced weapons, including ballistic missiles that hit ships at sea, new submarines, anti-satellite weapons and cyberwarfare capabilities, as “anti-access and area denial” arms.

Adm. Philman said the J-20 rollout is a concern, but with 1,000 test hours on the F-35, the jet is a “far leap ahead from the Chinese fighter that’s flown three times.”

“But they will catch up. They understand. They’re a smart and learning enemy, and if we don’t keep our edge, then we will be behind, or at least lose our advantage,” Adm. Philman said.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, Connecticut independent and subcommittee chairman, said the Navy and Marine Corps are projecting a shortage of up to 267 warplanes in the coming years for the 10 aircraft carrier wings and three Marine Corps air wings.

New F-18s are being bought to try to make the shortfall a more manageable risk, he said.

Cartwright out for promotion

Days after a report in this space disclosing a political fight over whether Marine Corps Gen. James E. Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will be picked as the next chairman, President Obama decided against promoting a four-star who is considered one of his favorite generals.

U.S. officials said the president informed Gen. Cartwright that he would not get the nomination this past weekend.

A spokesman for the general declined to comment.

U.S. officials close to the issue said Gen. Cartwright was not on a Defense Department list of candidates sent to the White House recently.

The expected replacement for outgoing Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen, who retires in the fall, is Army Chief of Staff Gen. Martin E. Dempsey.

Mr. Obama will announce as early as next week the appointment of Gen. Dempsey, an Iraq war veteran who only recently was appointed Army chief, the Associated Press reported.

Air Force Gen. Norton A. Schwartz, that service’s chief of staff, is said to be the likely nominee for vice chairman, to replace Gen. Cartwright.

Gen. Cartwright was undone for promotion by an inspector general probe earlier this year that cleared him of improperly handling the case of a female subordinate two years ago.

The general also has been dealing with personal issues related to his separation from wife Sandee Cartwright, who according to defense officials has made damaging allegations to other generals about her husband’s relationships.

New Iran arms data

A report this week by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) states that the nuclear watchdog agency recently obtained new information on the military aspects of Iran’s illegal nuclear program.

The data is related to unanswered questions about Tehran’s work on a nuclear warhead for a missile. The report also reveals for the first time that Iran received foreign support for unspecified places.

The report says past information from member states and its own inquiries showed “the possible existence in Iran of past or current undisclosed nuclear related activities involving military related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile.”

“Since the last report of the Director General on 25 February 2011, the agency has received further information related to such possible undisclosed nuclear related activities, which is currently being assessed by the agency,” says the internal IAEA report dated May 24. “As previously reported by the Director General, there are indications that certain of these activities may have continued beyond 2004.”

That statement helps explain why the CIA in February revised its annual report to Congress on arms proliferation to leave out language contained in earlier reports echoing a controversial 2007 National Intelligence Estimate that said Iran halted work on nuclear arms in 2003.

The IAEA report for the first time provided details of the agency’s concerns about Iran’s nuclear arms work, including seven areas:

• Neutron generator and related diagnostic experiments involving the explosive compression of uranium deuteride to produce a short burst of neutrons.

• Uranium conversion and metal work aimed at producing uranium metal and making it into components for a nuclear bomb.

• Developing, manufacturing and testing explosive components used to initiate high explosives like those used in triggering a spherical-shaped nuclear warhead pit.

• Exploding bridgewire (EBW) detonator work related to “applications necessitating high simultaneity” like those used to trigger a nuclear weapon blast.

• Multipoint explosive initiation and hemispherical detonation studies that used detonators to set off hemispherical high explosive charges, and included “work which may have benefited from the assistance of foreign expertise” outside Iran.

• High voltage firing equipment used for explosives tests over long distances and possibly underground nuclear tests to determine if high voltage triggering of nuclear detonators can be carried out over long distances.

• Missile re-entry vehicle “redesign activities” for a new warhead that is “assessed as being nuclear in nature.” The design work included modeling on the removal of a conventional, high explosive warhead from the Shahab-3 missile and its replacement with a “spherical nuclear payload.”

An Iranian nuclear official on Wednesday dismissed the latest IAEA report as based on fabrications from “arrogant” countries, code often used by Tehran to describe the United States.

The report concluded that Iran is violating its IAEA agreement with regard to safeguards and is refusing to explain its nuclear activities.</div></div>

And the art of war says. When weak, make your enemies think you are strong. When strong make your enemies think you are weak.

China wont attack us. Why would they attack something they almost completely own?
smirk.gif

My guess would be conquest. We are rich in resources our current government is not willing to tap.

If they attack. IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mpmilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China wont attack us. Why would they attack something they almost completely own?
smirk.gif
</div></div>

Way to copy what others have already said....

Just saw an interesting article on Chinas' one spoiled child policy - young boys & girls going to gov't military camps for the summer, hardening them up. Now trendy as the count is 40,000 strong this year.

It sure sounds like they are getting ready to try to invade, or expand their territories. Or is this just a bunch of propaganda and saber rattling from them?

Sabre rattling from a communist country?

never...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sabre rattling from a communist country?

never... </div></div>

They are about as Communist as we are a Democracy.

The US rattles it's saber everyday. It's not like this argument is one sided.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a treaty with Taiwan that says we will protect them from China....</div></div>

No we don't. </div></div>

The Taiwan Relations Act (TRA; Pub.L. 96-8, 93 Stat. 14, enacted April 10, 1979; H.R. 2479) is an act of the United States Congress passed in 1979

"The act stipulates that the United States will "consider any effort to determine the future of Taiwan by other than peaceful means, including by boycotts or embargoes, a threat to the peace and security of the Western Pacific area and of grave concern to the United States".

This act also requires the United States "to provide Taiwan with arms of a defensive character", and "to maintain the capacity of the United States to resist any resort to force or other forms of coercion that would jeopardize the security, or the social or economic system, of the people on Taiwan." Successive U.S. administrations have sold arms to the ROC in compliance with the Taiwan Relations Act despite demands from the PRC that the U.S. following legally non-binding Three Joint Communiques and the U.S. government's proclaimed One-China policy (which differs from the PRC's One-China Policy). The Taiwan Relations Act does not require the U.S. to intervene militarily if the PRC attacks or invades Taiwan, and the U.S. has adopted a policy of "strategic ambiguity" in which the U.S. neither confirms nor denies that it would intervene in such a scenario."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Relations_Act </div></div>

Phil1.....Thanks for watchin' my 6