• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Choate Tactical stock

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
Anyone have one here?

Looking for an inexpensive stock for my ADL.

I was looking at the AICS and ready to spend the money, but I think I need to put aside the fact that it's the most awesome looking stock, and that I won't ever shoot beyond 600 yards in FL (don't even know of a range over 300 in my area) so for my needs I would be better off with something like a Choate tactical stock that's only 200 bucks... then I can invest into a ershaw barrel instead.

so I just wanted to ask if anyone uses the Choate Tactical Stock for ADL. it has some good reviews, but I wanted to hear 1st hand user experience with it.

thanks!

Re: Choate Tactical stock

wow...bye
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...bye
smile.gif
</div></div>

What does this mean ,,,

Man get what you want ,, If you settle you wont be happy and will in turn have wasted money ,,

I have one and like it alot. It is much more streamlined, ergonomic, and aesthetic than their Ultimate Varmint and Sniper stocks.

They are a bit heavy, but I'd bet they are much tougher than the typical popular fiberglass/composite stocks like HS Precision and Bell and Carlson. I should have pics of a sweet set-up in a Choate Tactical soon.

If you have the cash and like the AICS then get it. I know first hand that if you buy something that isn't exactly what you want you will end up unhappy and selling it for a loss to get what you really want. I wouldn't let the fact that your not shooting long distance stop you from getting the stock you really like.

I have one and its... eh. I'd much rather have gone for a Manners first. I've actually decided to make my own stock because the choate is like what I said before.. eh.

I found a B&C Medalist Tactical that actually cost LESS. I also found a thread here that someone posted comparing the two. most preferred the B&C.

so I think I'm going with the B&C, then also get the wyatt's DBM kit so I can have the magazines. and I'll still have 400 bucks left to get a better barrel.

what's cool is I realized stockystocks is actually about 15 mins from me, so I'm going to pick it up in couple weeks when my money comes in. awesome!

I started with a B&C fully adjustable A-5. I did like it but now I have a Mcmillan A-5 that I love. Can't beat the B&C for the money. Just make sure you get exactly what you want the first time. It great if you can handle the stocks first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: somathis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...bye
smile.gif
</div></div>

What does this mean ,,,

Man get what you want ,, If you settle you wont be happy and will in turn have wasted money ,, </div></div>

There was a guy selling with only 50 posts lol now its gone for whatever reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKS Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started with a B&C fully adjustable A-5. I did like it but now I have a Mcmillan A-5 that I love. Can't beat the B&C for the money. Just make sure you get exactly what you want the first time. It great if you can handle the stocks first. </div></div>

yeah, I'm gonna hit up stockystock make sure I like the stocks. i'm glad they're near me.

I'm pretty happy with mine. I filled in the sling swivel holes and painted it with Rustoleum stone texture paint.

7mmrm1.jpg

anyone out there like there Choate folding stocks.. they seems kind of hard to find..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty happy with mine. I filled in the sling swivel holes and painted it with Rustoleum stone texture paint.

7mmrm1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a Choate or McMillan?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frogdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty happy with mine. I filled in the sling swivel holes and painted it with Rustoleum stone texture paint.

7mmrm1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a Choate or McMillan?
</div></div>
PLEASE!!!...

It's a Choate Tactical above, read mscott's reply....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty happy with mine. I filled in the sling swivel holes and painted it with Rustoleum stone texture paint.

</div></div>

I have to use the comb riser with mine to get proper eye alighnment.

Savage10FP-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

I have a stock pack with a piece of mouse pad under it now, but it didn't make the pic. If you want to spend more money they have a version with adjustable butt and cheek.

Nice paint job el gordo2.

Haven't had the pleasure of shooting one of the high end stocks like Manners, MCM, or AICS. I agree with the stock being "eh". The grip seem too bulky for me. When I get the time I'm guna try taking some girth off the whole thing and bed it. That's just my opinion.

I also agree with get what you want the first time. It'll save you money and misery.

Good luck
TW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a Choate Tactical above, read mscott's reply....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pretty happy with mine. I filled in the sling swivel holes and painted it with Rustoleum stone texture paint.

</div></div>

Savage10FP-1.jpg
</div></div>

What comb riser is that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What comb riser is that?
</div></div>

It came with the rifle, made by Choate. It's a fixed height and simply attaches to the stock with a screw. Noticed some stocks come with them and some dont.

I have the same stock on my Savage and I have to say the grip is a little thick and it is a bit heavy over all. Other than that it is pretty good. I am working on fixing the bipod mounting issue this stock has it is a PIA that choate didn’t think that out better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am working on fixing the bipod mounting issue this stock has it is a PIA that choate didn’t think that out better. </div></div>

I attached the bipod stud shoe to the bottom rail by drilling thru it on my press and drilling part way thru the rail itself and placed a rivet in the hole. The rivet has never budged and I can drill it out in about 15 seconds if I want to remove it.

Good idea I was thinking about tapping it and putting in a small set screw but that adaptor is short and there is not much room to do it. Also thought about removing a rail screw and putting a sling stud in it's place.

My Savage has one, and it is a big part of the reason I bought the gun, I loved the fit and feel of this stock. Full length alum. bedding block, I had mine skim bedded as well. They have an enormous barrel channel, you know your barrel is free floating, that is for sure.

I handled this model savage in the HS precision stock, and didn't care for it, this stock just felt right, and as stated already, it is important to get what you want and are comfortable with.

20101220_0003.jpg

I am looking at these stocks as well. I just got my Savage 12 260 LRP w/ the HS Precision Stock on it but I don't like the feel of this particular style stock. I like a verical grip stock and for the money this Choate Tactical looks like it would be a good fit especially for the price. I just need to check and see if it will work with this new model 12. I don't think that is anything wrong with the HS Precision stocks. Where is the best place to buy these at? The reviews that I have read say that this is a very solid and durable built stock just a little heavy.

Don't listen to the haters around here. I run a Choate tactical stock on my barnyard Salvage .223 and it's been great. Being a recently poor college kid I couldn't spend a G on a stock to look cool at the range. I bedded the Choate, drilled and taped the bipod stud for a set screw to hold it in place, and duracoated the thing desert tan. Best part is when I showed up to the last 600 yards F class match and shot as good with my .223AI salvage project as some of the guy's with a ton of money in their rigs. It's not what you shoot it's how you shoot it. Take the money you saved by buying the Choate and spend the rest in ammo, get good and move up from there. I improved my shooting a lot over the last year by getting out and shooting. There is no replacement for trigger time, Gucci stocks, rifles, and scopes will only make look you cool until the first shots are fired.

I ran the Choate Tactical stock for little over a year and liked it alot. For the money, it's the best bang for the buck deal out there. The Choate was a great stock to tide me over till I could save up the money to step up.

227054_1787516968235_1248892139_31705564_4188189_n.jpg