• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Arms Ranger 22

Was at the range today, and a nice older guy was shooting his custom CZ with a Lilja barrel, and we got to talking about rimfires, and he was trying a bunch of high-end ammo in his to see what it liked. He asked which one my Ranger 22 preferred, and I said, honestly never tried anything higher priced than CCI SV in it, as it shoots good enough to have fun with at 200. He slid me a whole box (50) of SK Match (red & black box) over, and said, mine won’t shoot these, give ‘em a try. So after about 15-20 rounds my barrel settled in with the SK, and I put down this 5-shot group. If the 5th one hadn’t gone wide, it would have been much more impressive. But I’m learning that .22 LR having fliers and dropouts is unpredictable, at best…Even with the high-end ammo. 👍🏼

DCB73E6B-0524-4EAD-B4AD-3CFE192D3F84.jpeg
B4DED1FB-D7CA-4D3C-AE64-6B4D28D90AC0.jpeg

Last edited:
My ranger loves sk match, and sk long range. I get half inch groups at 100 yards with them

Attachments

• 20221024_152328.jpg
    20221024_152328.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: FuhQ
10-shot group from today with my Ranger 22, Mask HD, and CCI SV. Not my best, but it’s not bad, considering the fact I’m using bulk ammo.

F7655C2E-54F7-43D8-B86F-E7AFAB636F77.jpeg

Decided to mount and boresight the EPL4 on my Ranger 22 using my previous zero on the old scope before removal. We’ll see how she does at the range on Sunday & Monday. Weight-wise it is nearly identical to the old Viper HST 6-24x50, but is slightly shorter (which I like), and it’s FFP, and has IR. The turrets & zero stop are light years ahead of the old Viper. If the glass is good, it might just end up on there permanently. Only time will tell…

6DFBB424-2E0B-43BC-95B6-D31F7D93ED83.jpeg
8277ADA3-C007-4C33-88F7-3A7158DC0AE4.jpeg
5C4CBAED-9A59-402B-80CF-93BC24F15DAE.jpeg

Reactions: HPIguy
I've tried several good ammos and have not found anything it really likes. When I bought this I was wanting a light quiet back yard plinker. It will work great in that roll but it is not looking like a "match" accuracy type of gun.

Attachments

• 20230226_223724_resized.jpg
    20230226_223724_resized.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 44
I've tried several good ammos and have not found anything it really likes. When I bought this I was wanting a light quiet back yard plinker. It will work great in that roll but it is not looking like a "match" accuracy type of gun.
Mine did ok with the SK red box, but it shoots CCI SV just about as good. It's not a competition group shooting rifle, but as far as hitting your targets downrange, it does pretty good for me at 100 & 200. I don't shoot competitively, but I think it might be ok in a NRL type situation.

800 is a serious chunk of change for any gun,my Bergara BMR is my most expensive .22, I like guns and love shooting but it will have to be a really good gun to get me to buy one at todays prices,I have what I need to shoot targets or hunting .good luck with your new rifle ,most rifles in my experience can shoot if you know how to work on them,very few need rebarreling except damaged barrels, from misuse or abuse. I’ve often heard of guys rebarreling new guns when a little knowledge and work would save them bucks.

800 is a serious chunk of change for any gun,my Bergara BMR is my most expensive .22, I like guns and love shooting but it will have to be a really good gun to get me to buy one at todays prices,I have what I need to shoot targets or hunting .good luck with your new rifle ,most rifles in my experience can shoot if you know how to work on them,very few need rebarreling except damaged barrels, from misuse or abuse. I’ve often heard of guys rebarreling new guns when a little knowledge and work would save them bucks.
So, basically you have nothing productive to add to my thread, you just wanted to find a good spot to bitch about the prices of guns these days?

IMG_1292.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: chillywig
Actually ,I was sort of agreeing with you,where you got some kind of twisted idea I needed an insult from ,I don’t know,I even wished you good luck on your new rifle,I guess maybe your attitude might be why your company doesn’t appreciate you. Have a good day

Actually ,I was sort of agreeing with you,where you got some kind of twisted idea I needed an insult from ,I don’t know,I even wished you good luck on your new rifle,I guess maybe your attitude might be why your company doesn’t appreciate you. Have a good day
No, they were just a shitty company. I now work somewhere else making almost twice the money.

Updated pics... Finally got my TBAC 22TD (1 of 2) back from jail a few months back... This is the one I bought for the Ranger to stay on there as a permanent host/can setup.

Incase you're wondering, this is a really accurate and quiet setup. The TBAC 22TD really is a badass rimfire can. I liked this one so much, I ordered a black one to stay on my Ruger SSH 3" 22/45 as a permanent setup, and my Mask HD will be getting swapped around from my 10/22 to my .17 HMR's.

IMG_4034.jpeg
IMG_4037.jpeg
IMG_4038.jpeg