• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen arms ridgeline 28 nosler issues...?

aaronraby1

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
southern california
www.facebook.com
Was going through my spent brass from factory loads and found this on every single one... there were some sticky bolts but not all the time...

You can also clearly see plunger marks on the brass..

Rifle only has about 50 rounds through it.

What are your thoughts?
20200701_183933.jpg
20200701_183912.jpg

Last edited:
Common with the Ridgeline. I’ve seen several posts on multiple hunting forums about it.

How do they chamber? My buddy's 28Nos ridgeline gets a pretty wicked carbon ring in 40-50 rds and pressure starts to spike. Just have to stay on it and keep it clean.

If you chamber a round and carefully pull it back out so it doesn't drag the bullet against the action, does the bullet have a bunch of scrapes around the ogive?

How do they chamber? My buddy's 28Nos ridgeline gets a pretty wicked carbon ring in 40-50 rds and pressure starts to spike. Just have to stay on it and keep it clean.

If you chamber a round and carefully pull it back out so it doesn't drag the bullet against the action, does the bullet have a bunch of scrapes around the ogive?
ive heard and read about the cleaning deal... pretty interesting...

just chambered a round and pulled it out... doesn't seem to be any funny marks on the bullet.. these are also factory loads.

if there were or if I start to get funny marks on the bullets, what would that indicate??

judging by these pictures, would you say its anything to worry about??

if there were or if I start to get funny marks on the bullets, what would that indicate??

judging by these pictures, would you say its anything to worry about??

The scratches would be a carbon ring that's built up. And just looking at them, it doesn't look like its way over-pressured, so its probably alright.

Last edited:
Reactions: aaronraby1