• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Christensen Arms Ridgeline Yay or Nay

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Hello hide.need some input.its been 12 years and time to buy a new hunting rifle.this will be a 300 Win Mag.budget of 1200-2000.saw a Ridgeline at Cabelas and love the fit and finish.after a quick google search i was disappointed to see the vast majority of owners having nothing but accuracy issues.about 1 good to 4 bad.i would love to get any hide members who are Ridgeline owners or have shot one to share input.i would hate to drop $1800 on a rifle only to have problems.feel free to voice opinions on hunting rifles in the budget.rifle must be a 300 win mag,6-7.5 lbs and not of the following brands as i want something different than a rifle i have
Tikka,browning,winchester,kimber.input appreciated

Or

Reactions: ffjoey
after a quick google search i was disappointed to see the vast majority of owners having nothing but accuracy issues

I find that hard to believe.

Alot of it depends where you ask too. Primarily Snipershide members are PRS shooters and you're asking about a lightweight precision long range hunting rifle not a competition precision rifle. They seem to love Christensen Arms here in this long range hunting forum.
http://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/your-new-rifle-or-new-rifle-build/

Or here on Facebook where the reviews are rated as well as companies like Knights Armament or Nightforce
https://m.facebook.com/christensenarms/reviews

I don't own one of CA's rifles but I do have one of their barrels in an AR10 upper as far as accuracy it impresses it's a 0.5-0.6 MOA barrel with factory ammo I also own an AI AXSA which I would call a 0.3-0.4 MOA barrel with factory ammo and the shooter not hindering the AX's capability. To be fair the CA barrel is also 2.5lbs lighter than the AX barrel.

Based on my experience with CA's barrel I find it hard to believe that their rifles aren't accurate. Not sure where you're getting your info from I do see some negative info out there on CA but the vast majority is positive. According to online reviews I've read CA also has a company policy with dealers that they have a 10 rifle purchase minimum for a dealer to purchase directly from them. What smaller dealer wants to invest the businesses capital and devote limited storeage space into 10 long range hunting rifles. Thus smaller dealers view CA's policy as discriminatory and find it insulting. You'd be surprised how many that in gun forums are dealers or are in the industry and when you have policies that irritate people combined with how rampant it is for those in the gun industry to spread false negative information about companies and competitors. Hell we had Kevin Britingham from Q on at 1am the other day insulting individuals and the competition. Mark Larue was dealt a lengthy ban from ARF for similar reasons as was AR Performance permanently banned from ARF to name a few examples. Just sayin be careful what you read. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a CA. Their rifles are in every Bass Pro, Sportmans Warehouse, and Cabela's and have been for years.

Reactions: Grouper
I had one in 300wsm. It was plenty accurate. It was a solid .75moa with the only ammo I tried, federal TLR.

I do think they are not this crowd's cup o'tea as stated but they are plenty for what they are.

I own 4 and all are sub MOA shooters.

270 WSM
300 Win
300 WSM

All are hunting rifles though.

Not PRS guns.

Reactions: Grouper
I own a Ridgeline in 308 I got it as a lightweight hunting rifle that want rip my shoulder off .100 yard High right was to foul the barrel . Rl 15 42.0 Berger 168 classic hunter cbto 2.042. With Vortex viper pst 6x24x50 weights in at 8.25 lbs . The gun is for more accurate than my shooting abilities.

I had one in 300wsm. It was plenty accurate. It was a solid .75moa with the only ammo I tried, federal TLR.

I do think they are not this crowd's cup o'tea as stated but they are plenty for what they are.