Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Ranger2co

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2020
Does anyone have experience with the Christensen Arms Ridgeline? I thinking of purchasing one in 6.5 PRC. Thanks in advance for the advise.

gnochi

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
Orange County, CA
I’ve heard enough horror stories about CA quality control and customer service, from people I know and posters here that I trust, that I’d go elsewhere.

dirthead1

I Like BBQ
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I've had 2 Ridgelines, a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 300 Win Mag. Both shot under 1 moa with the right load. The 6.5 CM was a tack driver, but it took a lot of load development to get it there. If you are just looking for a lightweight hunting rifle, the stock is ok. The ergonomics suck for shooting prone and there is a lot of flex in the forend. I swapped out the stocks on both of mine to McMillan Game Wardens, which were great. The bolt lift is pretty heavy, especially on the magnum action. I put another $1000 ish into mine with stock upgrades, just so that I could comfortably shooting in multiple positions. Ultimately sold them both and moved on, and don't regret it. Again, if your intended use is only hunting, it might work for you. If you plan to do other types of shooting, then I would look somewhere else personally.

Reactions: gnochi

J Scott

Private
Belligerents
Jan 18, 2003
TN
dirthead1, I appreciate your feedback. As a result, I'll scratch the CA Ridgeline off of my list.

XTREM HTR16

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 19, 2011
Carmel, IN
For hunting, they rock. One hunting pard has 2; a 6.5x284 and a 300 win mag. Other hunting pard has a 6.5x284. All 3 of them shoot less than MOA.

Reactions: mobenzowner

TheBoctor

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2020
For hunting, they rock. One hunting pard has 2; a 6.5x284 and a 300 win mag. Other hunting pard has a 6.5x284. All 3 of them shoot less than MOA.
This. Cabelas had a deal on one that got scuffed during shipping so I took a chance, and it shot good. My dad saw that and went out and bought one and his shoots good. 4 other buddies have done the same, they all shoot good. They get so much hate on this site, you'd think that 1 in 50 actually shot worth a shit. Imo they're probably the best bang-for-the-buck hunting rifle on the market.

Reactions: mobenzowner

j741

Hide Member
Belligerents
Sep 10, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I bought one in 300WM and it shoots ~ 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups (relatively slow firing) with the Berger factory ammo with 215s. Had a friend in Texas who purchased a 6.5PRC after my recommendation of the 300WM shooting well. His would group 2 shots ok and then the third was always off. This was repeated on different days, with different ammo, and with 3 people having shot it and not in rapid fire. He said he sent it back and Christensen didn't find any issues so he ended up selling it.

My brother has an MPR in 300NM and that thing shoots awesome with some old ABM 300NM ammo.

From directly experience, 2 for 2 on getting good rifles. Add in a story relayed from a friend and its 2/3.

Sykes

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2020
Colorado
I've had 2, a 6.5 creedmoor and a 6.5 prc. Both would shoot 1/2 moa. The prc would do it with factory ammo, same with my brother in laws 6.5 prc. I wasnt a big fan of the action it's self, pretty rough in my opinion. Cut my thumb a few times in the cut out at the rear of the ejection port when loading the mag. Easy fix for a competent individual but still an issue. I would buy another if I found a good deal