• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Christmas for my son!

vance

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
NW Arkansas
Well I've been working on this for quite a while and finally have it done in time for Christmas. My son is 10 and starting to get into the shooting sports so I built him a Nighthawk Custom 9mm. What do you guys think?
parkerspistol011.jpg

parkerspistol009.jpg

parkerspistol006-1.jpg

parkerspistol001-1.jpg

Re: Christmas for my son!

Thanks guys. This project took on a whole new meaning for me when about a week after I started my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. I really hoped he would be here to see it opened on Christmas but sadly he passed away on the monday after Thanksgiving. I know he'll be watching anyway but we won't be able to see his reaction. I know this is over the top for a ten year old but this just makes me realize that we don't know how long we'll be here so you have to do the things in life that you want to do because if you wait you might miss your chance. Merry Christmas to all of you and make this one the best one you've ever had.

No 10 year old deserves such a nice piece of armament. Sorry to have to say it.

I gave a 13yr old a new Patriot Arms 308, he turned around an placed mid pack with it at the next ASC.
I know of what you speak....Good for you and him.

i think your son is the luckiest SOB alive to have a dad like you...thats what i think, dammit! haha

that is awesome man, very cool thing to do for your son

Could you share a picture of him when he gets it? I bet the only thing that keeps his smile from wrapping around the back of his head will be his ears! Engoy the moments, they grow up too quick.

gr

Had to put that damn HOG on it didn't ya! Awesome present! We still need to get together and shoot.

Your son is sure to remember this Christmas for years and years to come. Beautiful 1911, I'm sure your effort will be greatly appreciated by your little boy.

My dad gave me a 1911 Combat Commander for Christmas when I was 13. It was the greatest Christmas present I have ever been given. He will love it.