Christmas Rifles?

Penguin156

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Wisconsin
Re: Christmas Rifles?

Not worth taking pictures of but I bought my first rifle back from a guy after foolishly selling it to him last year, so I'm pretty excited about having it back.

I also got myself a barreled action for Christmas, nothing fancy, just a 5r . . . I'll take pics once the stock gets in
smile.gif

Jeffvn

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Merry X-mas to me. 7 Dakota. Gotta love the tactical tiger stripe

ShaneWalton7mmDakota1.jpg

ShaneWalton7mmDakota2.jpg

ShaneWalton7mmDakota3.jpg

ShaneWalton7mmDakota4.jpg

Seller's pictures. I'm looking forward to getting this one in the fold.

Jeffvn

pipewhiner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
NY

I got a pre 64 model 70 in .270. She will soon be sporting a 6.5x55 Chanlynn tube and a McMillan of some sort. If someone hadn't already put a mcgowen barrel on and threw it in a cheap fiberglass stock, I wouldn't be doing the build. I don't have the heart to pull down a correct pre-64.

PowerstrokeOBX

Gunpowder Addict
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Outer Banks NC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Merry X-mas to me. 7 Dakota. Gotta love the tactical tiger stripe

Jeffvn </div></div>

So shiny! I like it!

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Merry X-mas to me. 7 Dakota. Gotta love the tactical tiger stripe

Jeffvn </div></div>

So shiny! I like it! </div></div>

Love those BAT actions. Wish I had one to play with.

KBR97

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2011
NY

I got this for Christmas...for myself, lol.

Savage 10PC

2011-12-16_18-44-24_87.jpg

ChevyTXhunter

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KBR97</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got this for Christmas...for myself, lol.

Savage 10PC

2011-12-16_18-44-24_87.jpg

</div></div>

Almost got this for Christmas too! Instead I got:

Scope coming soon...

kahai808

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2010
San Diego, CA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1071.jpg

everything but the "d" press </div></div>

Now thats some Christmas Presents!!!!

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Merry X-mas to me. 7 Dakota. Gotta love the tactical tiger stripe

Jeffvn </div></div>

So shiny! I like it! </div></div>

Love that rifle, Jeff!

I had a similar stock way.. back in the 80's. The front was different though. I liked the ergo's of the stock a lot.

bigmike2121

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
longview, tx

remington 700 adl in 7 mag. was one of those package deals w/the cheap remington branded scope. Will put a zeiss on it and shoot for a while, then start modifying. Got a remington 5R in 308 also, with a zeiss on it as well.

Red_SC

Redheaded Stepchild
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2003
Florence, SC

No new rifle- but I did get an old friend going again. This was the rifle that got me into LR shooting. Just under 2 years ago I sent it off for bottom metal and had a bad experience, and she's been in the safe since. I finally ordered a Surgeon DBM and opened up the inlet from the previous attempt at DBM with a dremel and a drill press, it came out pretty well. I glassed the bottom metal in on Christmas Eve and took her out shooting yesterday. After 2 years silent, she still has it.

ebd81488.jpg

ef4172da.jpg

Penguin156

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Wisconsin

photo.jpg

The stock just came in! I found some bases and glass that I had laying around just for a quick picture, when I get the cash she'll be wearing a SWFA 10x SS on a Warne 20moa base. I know she's not much to look, but I'm pretty excited to get glass on her and get her to the range.

ccoker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman

I had this Nosler TGR 280 AI in for review and liked it so much couldn't let it go back. So, I paid for it last week..

Now I just have figure a way to pay Zeiss for the scope over the next 6 months!

Noslerwzeiss.jpg

MrLebowski

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
Monee, Illinois

Well this wasn't really a christmas gift but I just picked it up last week so close enough to count I guess.

My latest purchase and first rifle from GA Precision.
-.300WSM
-26" 5R Mike Rock w/ thruster brake
-Dakota T-76 action & trigger tuned by GAP
-McMillan McHale stock, pillar & skim bedded
-Mil/Mil 3.2-17 Tpal

Also the contender in the background was being repaired so I hadn't had a chance to shoot it until yesterday, it just got back from TC last week also.

photobucket-2554-1324666751273.jpg

ARP

Predators NightMare
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Greenwood, AR

Same as above, I got this one for myself but picked it up at GAP right before Christmas. It is a GAP10 in 6mm Creedmoor. It has already slain a pile of coyotes.

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg

KNIGHT11B4

Core Shooting
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Everywhere
www.coreshooting.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same as above, I got this one for myself but picked it up at GAP right before Christmas. It is a GAP10 in 6mm Creedmoor. It has already slain a pile of coyotes.

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg

</div></div>

That camo is SICK!

Flatbush Harry

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2011
Colorado

I just put my SOCOM 16 on consignment for $1500...the proceeds (plus a bit more) will be used for a new rifle...now I just have to decide which one. Looking at an FN SPR MacMillan A5, TRG-22 or AI. Decisions, decisions...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to y'all.

FH

rdmega

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2011
utah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same as above, I got this one for myself but picked it up at GAP right before Christmas. It is a GAP10 in 6mm Creedmoor. It has already slain a pile of coyotes.

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg

</div></div>
I am in love, I am debating if my next gas gun will be in 6.5 or .260....Although probably DPMS with the deal I can get on them. That is beautiful though!

Trmorris21

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2011
Charleston, SC

GAP10_RS.jpg

GAP10_LS.jpg

</div></div>

That is a work of art - Camo is outstanding.

LightningJMP

Private
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
Houston, TX

I finally got my AICS stock in and installed on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical, can't wait to get out to the range.
lightningjmp-albums-garage+-+___-picture174779-rem700aics.jpg

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOTM-Direct</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gave this one to my four year old son. Somehow he talked me into mounting the scope the wife and kids gave to me on his rifle.
smile.gif

21memw0.jpg
</div></div>

Outstanding... we'll see him in the 1000 yard discussion area soon!

Cheers and nice Christmas stuff everyone.

Sirhr

rdmega

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2011
utah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KOTM-Direct</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gave this one to my four year old son. Somehow he talked me into mounting the scope the wife and kids gave to me on his rifle.
smile.gif

21memw0.jpg
</div></div>
Nice!! I love it.

Kevin1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Allen, TX, USA

smile.gif

21memw0.jpg
</div></div>

Now I understand what you guys mean by "Buy once, cry once"
grin.gif