• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christmas Tree, Straight-up "t," or Tremor3?

My Reticle Preference (if I had only 1 gun)...

• Refined Duplex (open quadrants)

• 1 + Christmas tree dots (based on TOF units)

• 1 + Christmas Tree dots (based on angular units)

• 1+ Xmas dots based on angle (but very few)

• Irons

• Something Else

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOtherAndrew

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2021
Wisconsin
Having a Tremor reticle in a scope with turrets you cant do more than 5 negative clicks in just makes life hectic IMO - then you have to figure out how your gun system will work (MOE wise) with that T3 ret. I get the disdain for all that, but apparently somebody prefers it.

But people do use holdovers sometimes, some people may only holdover Idk. So having a christmas tree reticle is useful when you didn't dial elevation and want to also hold windage. Another use of having the extra dots at known intervals can be spotting misses and quick re-engagement (EBR-7C/MIL-XT).

But, [if I had a nickel for every time Ive heard - "less clutter"].... So then with a straight "t" or duplex-esque reticle (I assume) you would dial most everything, and in the off chance you MUST hold vertically, you are good enough at just guessing where 0.8 (or whatever wind hold you have) is? You're also most likely able to superimpose where a mis was in lower half well enough to get very close on second try (Mil-C/R). But really you always dial so use the main horizontal stadia for pretty much every shot (movers/windage). And the benefit you get is a more open reticle you can use for.....idk ranging?
--------
*What does the no clutter/loss of the christmas tree dots do to help you be a more proficient shooter? Is it just a preference thing where you dont see the use and can get along just fine without all the dots - or is there a use/function to having completely unobstructed quadrants? would you be okay with a version that had 0.5mil dots put on lower half instead of 0.2mil (cut number of dots in half+)? maybe that helps enough with not too much clutter - aka happy medium (Gen2XR)?

I really like the burris scr. The athlon aprs with center dot or the arken Christmas tree are nice too

I want >0.24mil radius space around a >0.49mil center dot because my eyes suck (astigmatism) so I cant find and focus the center dot on most shots, I just guess. Closest I can find is Gen3xr but $$.

Shooting 100yd groups I actuals like ~12x cuz it just looks like a crosshair vs 27x getting that dot in same place 5-8 times.

Have you ever heard of a guy named Frank Galli?
Well he has lots of great podcasts, videos, articles, etc.
Anyways, frank said one thing he sort of disliked about Christmas tree reticles was that it obstructed the view to see a miss when shooting at long distance.
So maybe go listen to a few podcasts and you might learn a thing or two.
Funny. Appreciate the direction bud.

Last edited: