• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Chrome Lined AR Barrels

Yes. I've seen quite a few done by Steve and the guys at ADCO in the past and they have no issues in my experience.

See here for more info on their services: https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/

That said...anytime you start down that road, stuff can happen and it likely isn't the best course of action compared to simply replacing the existing barrel with a new one in the specs you want/need instead of modifying your existing tube.

your still giving the chrome lining a place to flake and start to come off, once it starts it will keep going. Since its right on the muzzle/crown id expect accuracy to decline in the blink of any eye. Could be right away, could take a number of rounds.

Yes it can be done and yes the chrome may chip and erode in time however the M4 profile barrels are spray and play barrels. I have cut , shortened and re crowned a few hundred in my career and never had and issue with keeping a standard of accuracy. Also I have seen the chrome burned out of the chamber throats at 2000 rds. So I don't put much into the chrome lined Kool aid.

Thank You to All that helped, the chipping is what I had heard about but after this I have a take off laying around I am going to try it on. ADCO was a huge help.

Thanks Again

jaclthr