• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Chuck Norris is now the new spokesman for GLOCK Inc.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • QUESTION: What model GLOCK does Chuck Norris carry?

ANSWER: None. All Glocks carry a Chuck Norris.

GLOCK Inc. acquires a new kickass spokesman:

IMG_20190408_153533-768x384.jpg

----------
    GLOCK has just announced that none other than Chuck Norris will be the company’s new spokesperson, filling a void left vacant by the passing of the legendary R. Lee Ermey last April. Norris says that the principles that he built his life on: “tough, real, consistent and powerful” are all exemplified in the GLOCK brand.

Now, let’s all get this out of our system together:

Question: “What model GLOCK does Chuck Norris carry?”

Answer: “None, all GLOCKs carry a Chuck Norris”

Question: “What is Chuck Norris’s favorite caliber?”

Answer: “His Fists”

Check out the press release from GLOCK below.

----------
    ----------

SMYRNA, GA—April 8, 2019—GLOCK, Inc., a leading innovator and global manufacturer of firearms, today announced its new spokesperson—legendary world champion martial artist, actor, producer, philanthropist and entrepreneur Chuck Norris.

As a company driven by a commitment to perfection, relentless innovation and disciplined precision, GLOCK was seeking a spokesperson that exemplifies the same characteristics and principles. The parallels between GLOCK and Norris deliver an authentic, fun and legendary alignment of brands.

“Chuck Norris revolutionized and ushered martial arts into the American mainstream just like GLOCK revolutionized firearms by inventing and commercializing polymer-based pistols and the SAFE ACTION® System” said Josh Dorsey, Vice President of GLOCK, Inc. “Having him represent the GLOCK brand brings two iconic names together that are mutually committed to perfection and their fan base. We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership.”

The collaboration will include traditional, digital and social campaigns as well as public appearances, the first being at the NRA Annual Conference in Indianapolis April 26-27, 2019.
    ----------

Just in time to bring a hell of a big smile to this GLOCK shooter and owner's face. These fellas did GREAT.

Chuck Norris loves the concealability of his Glock 26.

Mr Norris stated in a recent interview, "I always carry my G26 with me when I am out these days. Whether fueling up at 7Eleven, having a footlong at Subway, or buying my groceries at Home Depot."

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Chuck Norris loves the concealability of his Glock 26.

Mr Norris stated in a recent interview, "I always carry my G26 with me when I am out these days. Whether fueling up at 7Eleven, having a footlong at Subway, or buying my groceries at Home Depot."

That has got to be one of the most badass and smile-inducing things I have ever heard. Chuck Norris is not just a legend and a folk hero, but he also has no part in any of the elitism and nose thumbing that is so prevalent amongst other movie and sports stars. He is truly a man of the people. And that makes him deserving of all the respect we can give. Much kudos. (y)

That has got to be one of the most badass and smile-inducing things I have ever heard. Chuck Norris is not just a legend and a folk hero, but he also has no part in any of the elitism and nose thumbing that is so prevalent amongst other movie and sports stars. He is truly a man of the people. And that makes him deserving of all the respect we can give. Much kudos. (y)

I agree. A true Texan. People make a lot of jokes about him (like I did) and he has done a lot of corny movies but behind the camera he has done quite a bit that very few other "celebrities" have. Not even including his martial arts achievements (which are rather lengthy).

Kinda pissed it's Austrian Glock, but then I think of all the custom 1911 companies in the US and then I'm actually thankful it's Glock.

Reactions: jmb1911
    This has been my happy thought since yesterday.

That's a stroke of marketing genius for Glock, I can't think of a better fit since Ermey passed away.
    My favorite Chuck Norris joke is: Some magicians can walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim through land.

I'm not a Glock fan. I'm more of HK, SIG and 1911 guy, but Glock has always been very very good at marketing their guns in the US. That's how they took a major part of the LE market from S&W, SIG and Beretta back in the days when departments were changing from revolvers to semiautomatics. While all the other manufacturers were sitting on their past history with their guns, Glock was working the police departments for their business. If you have a chance to read the book about Glock, do so. It's a good read. My favorite story from the book as I recall, it's been awhile since I read it, was when they started setting up at Shot Show. They saw all the the Shot Show girls and decided they needed one there. They went to their Gentlemen Club that they would wine & dine all the PD bosses and firearms guys to when visiting Glock for a BUSINESS meeting. They picked a pretty girl, trained how to shoot and sent her to the Shot Show. She was a great shot from what I remember.

I'm not a Glock fan. I'm more of HK, SIG and 1911 guy, but Glock has always been very very good at marketing their guns in the US. That's how they took a major part of the LE market from S&W, SIG and Beretta back in the days when departments were changing from revolvers to semiautomatics. While all the other manufacturers were sitting on their past history with their guns, Glock was working the police departments for their business.

"Back in those days" Glock offered a real reliability and weight advantage combo as well. So really they were the right product paired with the right strategy which created the perfect storm of gun sales.

Chuck Norris is one of the few people that appeals to a younger generation while being relatable by an older generation. So it's a great fit for both of them.

Will there be a Norris edition of the 26 in the future?

Reactions: jmb1911