• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cigar thread 2.0

20230809_204021.jpg

20230809_204110.jpg

20230810_173006.jpg

How about a Warped Cigars Venture 1492 to pair with my warped ass mind...

Reactions: HPIguy
I have a buddy's retirement party in a few weeks. Recommendations on good cigars? I know hes mentioned that he doesnt like them sweet. I know jack shit about cigars. Something in the $20 each range. The ones he smokes always smell good.

There are lots. You can scroll through this thread and compare their prices on cigar.com or go there and search based on price and reviews.

My personal would be a Camacho Equador or a Leaf Sumatra. Neither are sweet. If he likes it strong on the nic, try a triple maduro Camacho.

I have a buddy's retirement party in a few weeks. Recommendations on good cigars? I know hes mentioned that he doesnt like them sweet. I know jack shit about cigars. Something in the $20 each range. The ones he smokes always smell good.
Man sooo many options, can you give me a few examples of what he likes and smokes? Is he a Maduro guy, natural, connecticut shade? Any idea? I can make lots and lots of suggestions but a little guidance would help especially on strength, med, full, mild? Feel free to pm me and I will give lots more info. Lots of damn fine smokes below the $20 range, in fact many I prefer over 20 dollar sticks.

Man sooo many options, can you give me a few examples of what he likes and smokes? Is he a Maduro guy, natural, connecticut shade? Any idea? I can make lots and lots of suggestions but a little guidance would help especially on strength, med, full, mild? Feel free to pm me and I will give lots more info. Lots of damn fine smokes below the $20 range, in fact many I prefer over 20 dollar sticks.
I dont even know what that means as it relates to cigars. Maybe just pick three cigars most people would like and I will just go with those. I know he tries all kinds of different flavors. I dont even know if flavor is a correct description. Im less versed in cigars than congress is on guns.

I dont even know what that means as it relates to cigars. Maybe just pick three cigars most people would like and I will just go with those. I know he tries all kinds of different flavors. I dont even know if flavor is a correct description. Im less versed in cigars than congress is on guns.
Is he a regular smoker?

Is he a regular smoker?
Acard is taking you down the right path. There are too many options. The only hobby I know that is more confusing is pipe smoking. Give us some deets and we will help you out.

What’s the dude like? Start with this, since you don’t know much about cigars: does he smoke big ones or smaller? Are they dark or more latte colored? What does his significant other know? If you can give us that info we can get you going down a certain path. $20 per stick is a good range to get some really good smokes.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Older ages cigars are darker. Newer fresher cigars are lighter.

Treat it like wine or wiskey. You can have a VERY complex flavour with a more mature, older cigar, however a younger one can have just as luch flavour, with a bit more bite / zest to it.

Fins your local smoke shop ans ask for a 3 sample pack, explain your situation, and im positive they will look after you.

I'm not a huge expert like acard but I'd get Ashton ESGs and Fuente Opus X ( hard to find, too expensive online) and wish him well

Reactions: nikonNUT
Acard is taking you down the right path. There are too many options. The only hobby I know that is more confusing is pipe smoking. Give us some deets and we will help you out.

What’s the dude like? Start with this, since you don’t know much about cigars: does he smoke big ones or smaller? Are they dark or more latte colored? What does his significant other know? If you can give us that info we can get you going down a certain path. $20 per stick is a good range to get some really good smokes.
Old white guy. Worked to finance his awesome fishing trips. 6'4 250lbs. Played college football. Laid back, never seen him angry, ever. Owned his own business with 30 employees. Everybodies best friend, but only picks those with quality character. Always trying new foods. Laid back. Used to only smoke one on sat/sun. Now smokes one every evening.

I commented his truck always smells like cigars once. He said "good".

His cigars are always big and fat. Lighter colored. Not dark.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: hino895 and iceng
Old white guy. Worked to finance his awesome fishing trips. 6'4 250lbs. Played college football. Laid back, never seen him angry, ever. Owned his own business with 30 employees. Everybodies best friend, but only picks those with quality character. Always trying new foods. Laid back. Used to only smoke one on sat/sun. Now smokes one every evening.

I commented his truck always smells like cigars once. He said "good".

His cigars are always big and fat. Lighter colored. Not dark.

Thanks for the help.
Ok perfect. He like naturals or CT shades. Give me a bit to come up with a few suggestions, I am in the middle of smoking a thors hammer at the moment. Also check PM's

Ok perfect. He like naturals or CT shades. Give me a bit to come up with a few suggestions, I am in the middle of smoking a thors hammer at the moment. Also check PM's
Thanks. We have a local place here "Outlaw Cigar". Hope I can get your recommendations there.

If your in KC and its the Outlaw I am thinking of they are their own brand, or used to be. They may not offer anything but their own cigars.

@Bullfrog08 check your messages please

Still partial to Oliva Series V Melanio Maduros. It's a great cigar, that if bought by the box, isn't too expensive. Perfect for a get together with friends, and wanting a good cigar, without breaking the bank.

Good smoke.

Attachments

• 71605664563__009C3D64-16EB-40B7-9AB2-95EAE9C15819.jpeg
    71605664563__009C3D64-16EB-40B7-9AB2-95EAE9C15819.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 18
Still partial to Oliva Series V Melanio Maduros. It's a great cigar, that if bought by the box, isn't too expensive. Perfect for a get together with friends, and wanting a good cigar, without breaking the bank.
+1 on the Melanio Maduro. The regular Melanio is good too. They both are probably my all time favorite readily available cigars. Don't think I've ever had a bad one.

I'm not a huge expert like acard but I'd get Ashton ESGs and Fuente Opus X ( hard to find, too expensive online) and wish him well.
Opus X are amazing but if there is a budget Camacho's Crillo wrapped cigar scratches that itch very easily for less money. Another great Fuente is the Don Carlos line. Their sumatra wrapper is amazing in its own right but go for the smaller RGs like the #3 or #4. More wrapper to filler ratio and it really shines.
BTW... I am a bit of a Fuente whore so...
IMG_6476.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven’t been smoking much recently. Have some negative side effects so I’ve dialed it back some. Most recent was a RomaCraft Aquitaine and an Espinosa Murcielago.

Haven't had one in a good while, bought these for a Key Largo fishing trip coming up next month. hope they're worth it....

IMG_5592.jpeg

Reactions: HPIguy
Wife and I found a new cigar bar visiting family out of town. The spout on the bourbon malfunctioned, and she proceeded to have the largest pour of bourbon I've ever seen in any bar. LOL Had a couple good sticks, and brought some home to add to the humidor.

The Perdomo Champagnes are one of my all time favorites.

VdrLWPZ.jpg

iijjIQq.jpg

kNCBVli.jpg