• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cigars anyone?

zgilbert

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2008
Rincon,GA
Well I got to thinking and would really like to know how many of our hide members like a good cigar?!? If so what kind and even how often? I for one like a good cohiba, an alec bradley, or even the pdr 1878 Cubano Especial Madura Capa just to name a few.

Re: Cigars anyone?

im a huge cigar fan but my taste is still in the experimental stages. Ive gotten about 8-10 good $15-25 cigars in my past and I have some wrappers and tins from some of my favorites at home, but i'm too cheap to buy the good ones very often. VERY special occasions.

I like Swisher Sweet OUTLAWS if I'm just gonna kick back and have some drinks with the fellas. Clint Eastwood style.

CAO Cx2 and the reserve maduros for me as frequent smokers and from my stash of Cuban Cohiba maduro's for special occasions.

Generally I prefer maduro and cameroon wrappers. Both go well with heavy red wines and Tullmoredew whiskey.

Switch will be bye soon Im sure.

I have gotten a lot of good suggestions from him in the past.

Im still experimenting myself, but have found a couple that blew me away.

The Gurkha Beauty that was in the crest sampler I got was absolutely amazing. Too bad they are about 30 bucks a stick.

Oh boy...

SO many darn good ones, and so many dog rockets.
My favorite regular/go-to would be the Gurkha Maduro Shaggy if I am not trying something new.
The Essencia is a fantastic cigar if you are looking for highlights of cinnamon, allspice, and smooth, even cocoa and toast
A Camacho Triple Maduro is a favorite as is a Padron 40, 45, or 80 Years
La Flor Dominicana has several that I love like the DL 200 Oscuro Cabinet, and the Limatado and Factory Press III are superb
Gurkha's 1887 Maduro Signature, and Archive 1887 are both superb as are the G3 and Ancient Warrior. There are quite a few others I like as well in this solid brand
Camacho's SLR Maduro, 1962, and Corojo are nice
Joya de Nicaragua Anteno 70 Dark Corojo is a real nice smoke with the same flavor notes as the Essencia
On Cubans: Romeo Y' Julietas are too light and have too many issues with construction or wrapper leaf. Cohiba is just too darn grassy for my taste. Partagas Cifuente's is nice. The Montecristo is superb, as is the Bolivar

I could go on some more, but I know there is thread where most of this has been gone over to the tune of several pages

Switch is the Hide's Obi Wan Kenobi of cigars. He's put me onto a number of great smokes. As he said, the Gurka Signature 1887s are fantastic. I'm loving La Flor Domicana's Double Ligeros right now. Camacho's Triple Maduro are also a winner. I've got a Padron Family Reserve No. 45 Maduro waiting for Friday... the day I go on terminal leave from the Army. Cigars are a little bit of heaven.

I have become absolutely hooked on the NUB line from Oliva. I have yet to have one that wasnt spectacular. I love nearly ALL the Gurkhas, and for a smaller line, if you can find them, I am really liking the Estaban Currera line. Particularly the Maduro or the 10 anos.

Obi Wan I am not. During the time of Distorted, I read volumes, page after page, spoke until batteries burned on cell phones with MAnufacturer and Dealer, Distributor and Sales rep alike/ I took it upon myself to know everything there was to know about the noble leaf we love to wrap and smoke with our favorite pour.
And I still don't know jack. What I do know is this:
I like what I like, and for some reason a certain label will call speak to me, or a cigar will tell me it's something special. Not quite a voice in my head, but more of just a 'thing'. SO far I have been lucky and have yet to find a dog rocket. SOme I like, some I do not, but I guarentee that if I do not like it, someone else will.

Oliva NUB is one of those smoke's I didn't quite go for, but there are so many who love the flavor.

Each leaf has it's own flavor or highlight. I won't go into it here, but I will dilligently search for the thread that we started here some time back on this very subject...
Oh looky, I found the Bourbon one
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1731071#Post1731071

Damn, found something to do while drinking bourbon and smoking cigars too

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1788593#Post1788593

HA! I AM the Master of cigar google fu!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1610941

Padron maduro panatella's or la aurora cetros are what I normally keep in the humidor both are great and both are around 4-5 dollars a piece.

Pretty much anything La Flor Dominicana! In particular the original Factory press is my all time favorite! Followed up by the Lancero! Both unbelievable smokes! LFD Especials are also fantastic! LFD chisels of all vitola are outstanding.. basically I am an LFD whore!
laugh.gif
I have a whole box of a one off cigar Litto made specifically for one of the local (yet nationally renowned) shops called The Outlaw. I believe there was less then 25 boxes made, it's rolled from the left over tobacco that the original factory presses where rolled from, oh man, can't even describe it! I can't bring myself to smoke em! And I am out of singles I bought at the same time.
frown.gif

Also love about anything by Pepin, while not a huge ashton fan his collabo's with them the San Cristobal line are simply outstanding..

Padron's are pretty much a sure bet for the most part!

Also a big fan of the Joya de Nicaragua's Antanio line, the machito in particular is an outstanding quick lunch time smoke!

I am not a fan of the Fuente lines, but the "Casa Fuente" you can only buy at their shop in vegas is outstanding with a Mojito.. usually some "nice scenery" there serving drinks etc!
wink.gif

Wow just realized I really like a lot hahah too many to list!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obi Wan I am not. During the time of Distorted, I read volumes, page after page, spoke until batteries burned on cell phones with MAnufacturer and Dealer, Distributor and Sales rep alike/ <span style="font-weight: bold">I took it upon myself to know everything there was to know about the noble leaf we love to wrap and smoke with our favorite pour.</span>
And I still don't know jack. What I do know is this:
I like what I like, and for some reason a certain label will call speak to me, or a cigar will tell me it's something special. Not quite a voice in my head, but more of just a 'thing'. SO far I have been lucky and have yet to find a dog rocket. SOme I like, some I do not, but I guarentee that if I do not like it, someone else will.

Oliva NUB is one of those smoke's I didn't quite go for, but there are so many who love the flavor.

Each leaf has it's own flavor or highlight. I won't go into it here, but I will dilligently search for the thread that we started here some time back on this very subject...
Oh looky, I found the Bourbon one
grin.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1731071#Post1731071

Damn, found something to do while drinking bourbon and smoking cigars too

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1788593#Post1788593

HA! I AM the Master of cigar google fu!

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post1610941 </div></div>

That's such an Obi Wan thing to say...
wink.gif
And the bourbon thread is a classic as well.

I used to smoke a whole lot more than I do now, which only means the 50-60 boxes of stick I have now will be well aged by the time I need to buy more. My tastes have changed a lot over the last couple of years, so I've been selling a lot of the rare Fuente stuff I used to collect, but Padrons and the forbidden fruit never go out of style.

Major cigar fan here!!!!

Partagas shorts are the every day smoke
Hoyo De Monterey Epicure no.2 for a weekend treat
Punch Punch is very tastey
Cohiba Magicos very sexy

I used to smoke a lot of cigars but switched back to a pipe. That being said, some of my favorites are by:

Opus X
Padron
Punch
Romeo Y Julieta
Arturo Fuentes (Sun Dried)

I tend to like most of the cigar shapes like Corona, Lonsdale, Robusto, Toro, Churchill, Torpedo.

Oh Hell Where to start!!!

-Bucanero- Texas Star Maduro,el Capitan Maduro are Friggen AWSOME but you have to order from the factory and they are a pain to find in your local cigar bar. These Cigars are worth it though, the Texas Star is my hands down favorite but I may be biasis.

-Padron- 1926,1964 or brown band Never had a bad Padron!

-Gurkha- Centurian is OutF&^King Standing!

-Gurkha- Beast,Titan,Triple Ligero all great smokes

-Graycliff- 1666 really good

-Oliva- Cameroon is good

-Rocky Patel- 1992,1990,Decade among other RP's are good day to day smoke.

-CAO- Never had a good one, I have smoked a dozen or more. Just not a fan.

But all Cigars are inhanced by what you drink or don't drink with it. I am a beer drinker with a side in Rum and Whiskey

AS A SIDE NOTE: check out Cigar International online they have great deals all the time.

If your looking for Opus X check out Holts cigar in Philly, they sell at or under msrp.

I would tell you guys to check out Atantic Cigar, but you may want to stay away from the Kristoff Maduro's they have. None of you would really appreciate this smoke or like it very much. I couldn't really see anyone buying them in box amounts but only a single if they really had to go there. Matter of fact, maybe you should all just forget about these as they don't really taste all that well. Maybe revisit them in a year or two when they have aged a little.
Remember, Kristoff Maduro, you don't want to try them, buy them, or own them so it's best you all leave them well enough alone for the time being...

In other words switch is saying that these Kristoff Maduros are awesome. Go and buy as many as you can quickly!

Rocky Patel 1990 robusto is a very nice smoke at a very reasonable price. I find the madura wrap gives it a great flavor without being to bold.

Damn it Switch, stop giving away our secrets.

Yup, Kristoff is a fantastic smoke. Close to an old world Cuban.

I really like mild smooth stogies so I usually stock about any Macanudo Gold and about any Montecristo. When I want a little kick I pick up a Punch Rare Carojo.

JM2C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Hell Where to start!!!

-Bucanero- Texas Star Maduro,el Capitan Maduro are Friggen AWSOME but you have to order from the factory and they are a pain to find in your local cigar bar. These Cigars are worth it though, the Texas Star is my hands down favorite but I may be biasis.

-Oliva- Cameroon is good

But all Cigars are inhanced by what you drink or don't drink with it. I am a beer drinker with a side in Rum and Whiskey

AS A SIDE NOTE: check out Cigar International online they have great deals all the time.</div></div>

Just ordered 5 Texas Stars and El Capitan's... Can't wait to try em with some Bulleit Bourbon on ice!!

I can see people on the floor of the Chicago board of trade flooding the futures trades desk with orders to BUY BUY BUY
Kristoff Maduro's,

We are not fooled buy your attempts to manipulate the supply of Kristoff's!

laugh.gif

Hey, I said they were Dog Rockets and I stand by that, really I do, no shit
grin.gif
Worst cigar I ever smoked I tell ya, a complete waste of 23 year old bourbon too, That had to be three guys smoking the worst ever dog rocket with the best bourbon ever!
Zech, you is the worst kind o redneck sumbitch, you see a secret you sposed to keep yo mouf shut, damn boy, tell your daddy to smack the back o your head for me

qq, trust me, don't go there, it'll kick your ass, you won't like it

You guys want to try a really good smoke, check out CI's 'Dark Shark', not only a SUPERB smoke, but such a value and at under $30 a bundle it's Deal City!

There are so many great smokes out there that it is real tough to find time to smoke them all so stick to teh good stuff and leave the dog rockets to the unwashed
grin.gif

Just smoked my Padron Reserve No. 45... WOW. Best cigar I've had to date. So damn smooth.

I was in the Dominican Republic in May. While there I bought a box of dominican cohibas. When I returned home and opened up the box I found that the bottom layer of cigars were fakes. Who would have thought that a sealed box of cigars would have been a scam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zech, you is the worst kind o redneck sumbitch, you see a secret you sposed to keep yo mouf shut, damn boy, tell your daddy to smack the back o your head for me
</div></div>

Switch just because I'm from Alabama don't mean I'm a redneck! Just fyi I'm an educated redneck sumbitch!

But really would like to try those!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You guys want to try a really good smoke, check out CI's 'Dark Shark', not only a SUPERB smoke, but such a value and at under $30 a bundle it's Deal City!</div></div>

Damn you had me interested based on your fav's and mine, then I saw "mild to medium" on their site!
frown.gif

I need another bundle or two of some cheapies for mowin the lawn..

I've been known to smoke a few, not many domestics anymore but a few, Tats, Illusions, not that others are bad, just my tastes have changed.

Heres a pic of the lower part of my Cabinet, many others aging in coolers for days to come.
IMG_1881.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You guys want to try a really good smoke, check out CI's 'Dark Shark', not only a SUPERB smoke, but such a value and at under $30 a bundle it's Deal City!</div></div>

Damn you had me interested based on your fav's and mine, then I saw "mild to medium" on their site!
frown.gif

I need another bundle or two of some cheapies for mowin the lawn.. </div></div>

Oh no, it was a facetious statement, total BS, do not try the 'unsmokables' I wholeheartedly recommend buying them to hand out to moochers only. The cheapest cigar I would have to recommend would be the Punch London Club Oscuro or Maduro in the 'wheel' sized box(50 cigars). Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro would also be on that list.
If you want a bundle cigar that has great flavor and is inexpensive go with the Nestor Reserve Maduro, or the El Mejor Espresso. The Nestor is rated at a high 91, and the El Mejor is just a decent 'cheap' smoke. Both have served well on many deployments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a serious stash! </div></div>
Thats nothing compared to whats aging in coolers...these are ones smoking good now
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Hell Where to start!!!

-Oliva- Cameroon is good

AS A SIDE NOTE: check out Cigar International online they have great deals all the time.</div></div>

Just ordered 5 Texas Stars and El Capitan's... Can't wait to try em with some Bulleit Bourbon on ice!! </div></div>

Now your talking Great Cigar and Good Bourbon! Let me know what you think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been known to smoke a few, not many domestics anymore but a few, Tats, Illusions, not that others are bad, just my tastes have changed.

Heres a pic of the lower part of my Cabinet, many others aging in coolers for days to come.
IMG_1881.jpg
</div></div>

Montecristo's?

Bolivar's, Punch, Partags Cifuentes all superb Cubano's as well as the aforementioned Montecristo which has to be one of the nicest out there

Few things complete a day on the range (or on a tractor, or on a clays field, or hunting... ) like a good cigar.

Favorites: Upmann 1844 Churchill. Montecristo #2 torpedo. JR-brand knockoff of the Macanudo Rothschild (I like the knockoff better than the original... what can I say?)

I refuse to smoke Cubans since they shot down American planes. But used to lust after Cohibas. And most Cubans, I find too strong for my taste.

Cheers, Sirhr

Got these from a guy I work with. He is from Cuba and said his mother brought them with her when she came to visit. I got 2 boxes @ $100 a box.

DSCN3147.jpg

Just enjoyed a NUB Cameroon Torpedo. Not a bad cigar in fact it was quite tasty. It burns a little Hot and it gets down to the fingers quick. Ash sticks till the end and burns even. Not bad if you are looking for something a little different.

I really like the Montiecristo Cabinet Selection Toro's and the Christof Maduro. both are really good, another that i liked when i tried it was the gurkah shaggy

I've had a few years (about 15) of cigar smoking under my belt. I started like most, with "something mild". My palette has changed a bit over the years. Like Switch, I prefer Maduro smokes (I base this on his named sticks)as I like the bold, complex flavors.

However, for an enjoyable "everyday smoke" with an aroma that most people (especially women) seem to enjoy, I really enjoy the "java", which is a Rocky Patel product. Speaking about Rocky Patel, there are a lot of fine offerings by Rocky that are great. Don't forget the new La Flor Domincana's.

Really, the best cigar is the one YOU enjoy.

Java is made for RP by Drew Estate's Jon Drew. If you like that partucular smoke you must try the Drew Estate Tabak Especial Maduro. It goes so well with a doble espresso day or night.
My current new LFD is the Oscuro Cabinet DL-452 but that is only because I haven't seen one of the Maduro DL-660's yet.

Many start with light wrapper cigars that are very mellow. My first ever smokes were Punch because that was what my Pop bought my Grampa when he was in hospital before his death(this was back in the 70's when one could still smoke in a private room) He died the night before my 13th birthday so every July 28th I fire up a Punch in his honor and sit back and commune with him as I smoke and enjoy it thinking back to the days he scolded me with is gruff,"How many times does grampa talk?"
The other first real good smoke I tried was a Maduro DL Chisel. I was instantly hooked on maduro after that, then got bit by the ligero bug shortly after once I figured out that the 'L' was for ligero

Every cigar is a chance to remember great things and in those memroies, celebrate them