• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Cinco de Mayo

notquiteright

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
Happy Cinco everyone! Hope everyone took their hispanic friends out for a tasty adult beverage and some good fellowship!

Re: Cinco de Mayo

I happened to be at a local Ford dealership today-
all the hispanic techs all went to lunch together....

to Mongolian BBQ...

Happy Cinco to you as well.

Del Taco has a special for 29 cent tacos today (hard or soft shell). They are usually 59 cents. Feel their hot sauce packets are better than Taco Bell - I like their hottest called Inferno.

Just had a dinner of home made enchiladas. We are staying close to home. A good plan on a drinking holiday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard, that in Mexico...

Not a single fuck is given on May 5th! </div></div>

Me too, but we have to have a mexican holiday or peoples feelings might get hurt
frown.gif

just out of curiosity, adn i ask this every year, why the hell do we celebrate a mexican army victory in america??? what country do we live in again???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just out of curiosity, adn i ask this every year, why the hell do we celebrate a mexican army victory in america??? what country do we live in again??? </div></div>Cause it's an excuse to eat borritos, drink tequila, and have a good time! Shit, any time I have an excuse to pour tequila down my wife's gullet is great... takes us back to the before kids days...
wink.gif

We celebrated Quatro-de-Mayo here. Everyone that was proud to not be Mexican, Shame that Tequila has to be imported isn't it?

I work at a tequila bar and I can tell you 99% percent of the people in last night were white. And this is in a particular area with a high latino population. We were packed well to wall with white people wearing sombreros...

It's a holiday based on one victory that the Mexican Army won over the French. However, the French won the war and occupied Mexico until they took what they thought they were owed. I think it has to do more with marketing cerveza and tequila to Americans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just out of curiosity, adn i ask this every year, why the hell do we celebrate a mexican army victory in america??? what country do we live in again??? </div></div>

It's an excuse for a party... Why do we celebrate St. Paddy's Day? PARTY!

In Mexico 16th of September is a bigger celebration, Victory of Spain day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a holiday based on one victory that the Mexican Army won over the French. However, the French won the war and occupied Mexico until they took what they thought they were owed. I think it has to do more with marketing cerveza and tequila to Americans.

</div></div>Good, more tequila and cerveza is a positive.

Laffin, what a bunch of whiny haters!

You dont want to celebrate then sit down n eat kidney pie!

Since 2005 Congress has called on the President to mark Cinco in this country. Now the celebration is alot like oktoberfest or the Chinese new year for our nation. One more celebration of the fact we are all from someplace else somewhere back in our past.

Independance day is different in Mexico, would seem odd if we celebrated that or say France's Independance day.

Anyway, celebrate dont hate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sailronin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just out of curiosity, adn i ask this every year, why the hell do we celebrate a mexican army victory in america??? what country do we live in again??? </div></div>

It's an excuse for a party... Why do we celebrate St. Paddy's Day? PARTY!

In Mexico 16th of September is a bigger celebration, Victory of Spain day.
</div></div>

Diez Y Seis de Septiembre just doesn't roll off the toungue like Cinco de Mayo.

It's nonsense but having seen the reverence St. Patrick's day gets among our Irish friends here, you can't fault the drinking industry for trolling for yet another holiday gold mine!

At least it isn't based on total mind numbing horse shit, like kwanza!
laugh.gif

Wife and I took our Daughter and two Granddaughters out to lunch at Chili's. I wasn't really feeling up to speed, but we all enjoyed the outing abunch. Celia's Dad is Tex-Mex. We also celebrate Von Steuben Day, since she was born in Germany.

I like the holiday, but the mexican restaurants around me are slammed on the 5th... I'd just rather wait and party on the 6th
wink.gif

The Truth about this Holiday:

Most people don't know that in 1912 Hellman’s Mayonnaise was manufactured in
England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipme nt of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1lnbrdg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We celebrated Quatro-de-Mayo here. Everyone that was proud to not be Mexican, Shame that Tequila has to be imported isn't it? </div></div>

I'ts a shame mother nature flushed the toilet, and the government imported all the katrinians, so in Texas we also celebrate Aug. 28 as the last refugee free day.

ttomp-
But other than that how ya feeling? Just think, if the mexicans had been as harsh as some texans are feeling now you might just could have been a Katrinian yourself! SHOW US YOUR BOOBS!

The sinko de mayo story is clever as long as folks are not culturally estute. The folks on the OTHER border go coo-coo for that bland tasteless stuff mayoniase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Truth about this Holiday:

Most people don't know that in 1912 Hellman’s Mayonnaise was manufactured in
England . In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipme nt of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

smile.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO