• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Cip mags in Rem 700 la work? No mods

Schw15

Longrange
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2019
    Colorado
    Ive heard you had to modify the action on rem 700 to use cip mags then others say no just buy the cip bottom metal and mags and good to go. Anyone with experience with this

I am not sure what CIP means but I have PTG bottom metal with 3.775 mags on a 7mm mag and it just dropped in an HS precision stock.

My action is just a Remington 700 long action 300 Win Mag. I have a greybow ridgeback stock I can buy the CIP bottom metal but also the chassis offer CIP magwells but I've Been Told it will work and then it won't work

My action is just a Remington 700 long action 300 Win Mag. I have a greybow ridgeback stock I can buy the CIP bottom metal but also the chassis offer CIP magwells but I've Been Told it will work and then it won't work
    it will work with the 3.775 magazines which are 3.65 coal.

mods needed for CIP.

like chad said. need the RUM length action for CIP mags

it will work with the 3.775 magazines which are 3.65 coal.

mods needed for CIP.

like chad said. need the RUM length action for CIP mags
    Awesome thank you for all that info. Glad i asked because i had such mixed answers

Are the RUM actions longer than long actions or do they have a different mag well cut to accept the longer rounds?