• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ckye pod arca clamp swap

INHUMAN

A Real Someone
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2014
Colorado
BC119BE3-5FA4-43B3-8388-FB056DBE2601.jpeg
Is it possible to swap this RRS SOAR clamp onto this Ckye pod? I was thinking it was just a screw in the base of the Ckye pod clamp but I was wrong. I’m not sure if that aluminum is machined in such a way that wouldn’t allow a screw to hold the SOAR once that clamp is off.

From original creator of the Ckyepod, Ckye Thomas.

I have one the original soar clamps like yours on one these adapters and it works well. I also have one the new soar clamps that has the locking pin, and it's uses a different interface similar to the atlas bipod, grayops makes an adapter plate for this mount. The new mount is superior in the fact you can adjust tension, the older sclr clamp doesn't give that option, which is unfortunate as not all arca rails are the same spec.

Is there anything to take into consideration to get the adapter plate in the post above off the bipod? I'm trying to replace the head and am having a hard time getting it off. The instructions and videos online make it seem like it should come right off if you remove the 2 rear setscrews. I've tried hitting it a bit with a rubber mallet but it isn't budging...there isn't much real estate to hit and it seems to want to spin more than come off.

There must be something simple or straight forward that I'm missing, otherwise I might need to put it in a vise and be more aggressive with it which I'll probably regret.

Is there anything to take into consideration to get the adapter plate in the post above off the bipod? I'm trying to replace the head and am having a hard time getting it off. The instructions and videos online make it seem like it should come right off if you remove the 2 rear setscrews. I've tried hitting it a bit with a rubber mallet but it isn't budging...there isn't much real estate to hit and it seems to want to spin more than come off.

There must be something simple or straight forward that I'm missing, otherwise I might need to put it in a vise and be more aggressive with it which I'll probably regret.
Man I wish I could help you. It’s been so long since I did it I don’t fully remember I’m pretty sure that first time I took it apart. It was a real pain in the ass because there was a little debris and stuff in there.

And when you get it back together, you better crank that bitch down tight because it will be a little loose if you don’t get it really tight.