• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ckye-Pod Double vs Triple Length Pull?

avastcosmicarena

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
Anyone used both and have an opinion? The Double is appealing to me because it has the same height as the standard Ckye-Pod when collapsed (better for prone vs the Triple), but obviously can't get as high as the Triple. It's also a little cheaper, although not much.... about $200.

Is the Triple annoying for prone? Is the double long enough for most situations when expanded?

Ideally, I'd like to have both, but I don't think I want to pay for both right now. haha.

Also, do any of you know of any retailers willing to discount these at all?

Reactions: Mario1961
I have run a single and now have a triple too. So far I will say that the triple is taking some getting used to for prone, but has come in handy on some tricky position shots already!

I know that the double pull is Ckye's personal favourite height and what him and @D_TROS run when they win all their RTC, CD and other team matches lol. It is a very versatile height and gives you a lot of options if you want the "best of both worlds". The triple really shines when you need a lot of height and just don't have the time to deploy your tripod IMO.

Josh

I have run a single and now have a triple too. So far I will say that the triple is taking some getting used to for prone, but has come in handy on some tricky position shots already!

I know that the double pull is Ckye's personal favourite height and what him and @D_TROS run when they win all their RTC, CD and other team matches lol. It is a very versatile height and gives you a lot of options if you want the "best of both worlds". The triple really shines when you need a lot of height and just don't have the time to deploy your tripod IMO.

Josh

Yeah, I heard Ckye say that in a video from SHOT Show. That was one of the reasons why I started considering the Double. It seems like the most versatile.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
totally depends on the terrain you shoot. Are you on a flat range and just shooting prone? Double for sure. Are you looking to have 1 bipod to do almost anything you need while out in the field predator hunting or doing a team match? I would lean towards the triple.

I have the PRS, Regular, and Double so far and my favorite is the Double. I the only downside is it is just a tad too short for low seated positions but still has a lot of versatility.

if you only can get 1, get the double

I have the PRS and the triple.
I've used the triple once,
the PRS one stays on my match gun

Reactions: MDT_Josh

Josh

Kind words but you cant argue the effectiveness of this bipod. The top 7 teams (and maybe more I haven't seen who was after that) all used the Ckye-pod this weekend in Douglas WY for the Competition Dynamics Burris Optics Team Challenge. VERY fun field match if any of you are looking for a different format match.

botc rifles.PNG

Regards
DT

Kind words but you cant argue the effectiveness of this bipod. The top 7 teams (and maybe more I haven't seen who was after that) all used the Ckye-pod this weekend in Douglas WY for the Competition Dynamics Burris Optics Team Challenge. VERY fun field match if any of you are looking for a different format match.

View attachment 7362435

Regards
DT
I saw Ckye share that picture on Facebook and could not believe all the guys he had to pay to have them take a picture installed on their rifles...
I need to find a reason to get a triple ordered...
Would you do an AAR on this match? Gear you used, how it difference from PRS or other team type matches? I am really curious about it and would like to try to shoot in it next year but just want to know what you would need for gear to be competitive at it...

I can tell you the triple leg ckye saved the gas gunners ass I was RO'ing at Steel Safari this year. He had forgot his tripod the last day and had enough height in the ckye to engage all targets.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Damn it's hard to get the old brain acclimated to that type of money for a bipod but seeing those pics, I think I'm going to have to get a double

I don't compete nearly as much as I used to anymore but want to start back matches again

But .... with that said .... what I really like about the double is I think you could get a reasonably stable position, definitely imo for 1MOA or less with zero other equipment if the double is tall enough to be used in a sitting position especially if your back could be against the wall. Gives you way way way more versatility in my opinion to be able to get into a reasonably steady position very quickly without having to go prone which if there is grass or obstacles isn't always useable because you're so low to the ground
Don’t believe the double is y’all enough for sitting useless you’re a very small person. The triple certainly is tho.

Wonder how long it will be until someone makes new feet attachments for these thicker-than-Atlas legs. Would be cool to see some F-class style ski feet for extra stability.

Wonder how long it will be until someone makes new feet attachments for these thicker-than-Atlas legs. Would be cool to see some F-class style ski feet for extra stability.
That won't happen. The bipod wouldnt work unless they were piveted on a ball at the base and then they would be a complete pita to use. Also ski feet are used on rigid bipods so they can slide. This isn't a rigid bipod

Old Balls Inc dot com Ckyes site does sell large rubber feet for the double pull. there is a lot of guys using them now. if spikes arnt your thing.

GL!
DT

If you or someone you know has access to a lathe you can turn down the legs on some Atlas Super CAL feet and then will work just fine in the Double.

Old Balls Inc dot com Ckyes site does sell large rubber feet for the double pull. there is a lot of guys using them now. if spikes arnt your thing.

GL!
DT

Cool, hadn't seen those yet. Will look. Thanks.

GL!
DT

Can you link them? I don't see them on their site.

I got to use a Double last weekend at a class. It's the only Cyke I've used so I can't compare to the others, but I loved it. I was able to make hits in the sitting position (I'm tall, 6'4", but I'm pretty flexible). If I was inflexible or if I had to take a sitting shot facing uphill it wouldn't be possible though. For a field match or hunting, the triple seems super versatile.

I wish I could afford them all...or even one of them for that matter. 🤑

1597782267182.png

Just received my Ckye triple length pull. It is not as sturdy as I was anticipating. There is quite a bit of play. It is not like the standard Ckye pod that I have. Anybody else have feedback?