• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CKYE POD (HD) WORTH IT

ShootnFool8

STILL LEARNING
Supporter
Minuteman
May 28, 2018
Colorado
Have the Atlas 5H for now, and has done well. Just was looking at the CPHD as a replacement. Just wanted to see if it's worth it. I see a lot of the PRS version of the Ckye Pod. Just don't see nothing in the HD one. Caliber of rifke it would go on is 338LN/300 NM. Any info, or insight would be greatly appreciated.

The Ckyepod HD version is basically a standard length single pull with thicker legs. I'm sure there's a place for them, but I haven't seen it yet. Personally, if you're considering buying the HD, I'd lean towards the double pull instead. Main legs are larger dia than the standard, plus you get additional height over the standard/HD.

Otherwise, if this is going to a mostly prone/bench shooting rig, I'd maybe look at either an Accutac SR5 or 50HD. Both are a awesome. The only downside is you have less adjustability (range of heights) to work with. You'll have to ask yourself if the extra adjustability is something that you're going to need/want.

No, They are not good for a heavy rifle. I shoot a ckyepods on all my match guns and hunting rifles.

But for my 300NM, It wears a HD50 which is much beefier and more stable. Not only is it like 1/3 the price, its much better built for that kind of shooting.

Reactions: ShootnFool8
No, They are not good for a heavy rifle. I shoot a ckyepods on all my match guns and hunting rifles.

But for my 300NM, It wears a HD50 which is much beefier and more stable. Not only is it like 1/3 the price, its much better built for that kind of shooting.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I mean I don't have an issue with the 5H. Just didn't know if the HD bipod was any better, or worth spending that extra coin. Thanks for the insight on that.

1683223319302.png
$300 upcharge to $900 for ONLY thicker legs(?) is insane (...bordering on absurd...).

This must be for a .mil contract. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ShootnFool8
Kinda depends on what you want to use it for. When I asked Ckye about it, he said it was more intended for heavy ELR/50cals, if memory serves. I run Ckyepods on my .300NM (which is about a 21lbs gun), I swap em around depending on where I'm shooting but it normally sports a single-pull. I've shot it on my double and triple-pull though with no issues. I'll grant Ckyepods aren't exactly "bench" bipods but I shoot almost exclusively in the field (other than zeroing/load dev) where they shine and have never had an issue.

I have one and it works for sure but I think I still prefer my Accutac HD50 its way more sturdy.
The Ckye pod is much easier to adjust on the clock and is much more adjustable.

My Rifle is a 20 lbs, 30 Sherman Mag

The HD Ckyepod is much larger than the std version

I have one and it works for sure but I think I still prefer my Accutac HD50 its way more sturdy.
The Ckye pod is much easier to adjust on the clock and is much more adjustable.

My Rifle is a 20 lbs, 30 Sherman Mag

The HD Ckyepod is much larger than the std version
Thanks, that's what I was really looking to hear. Going to the NF ELR shoot next month. Just didn't know if it would benefit over the 5H. Also, figured adjustability would be faster with the CKYE HD. Thanks again though for info.

Thanks, that's what I was really looking to hear. Going to the NF ELR shoot next month. Just didn't know if it would benefit over the 5H. Also, figured adjustability would be faster with the CKYE HD. Thanks again though for info.
I'll be there also, If you wanna check out the HD Ckyepod come find me. I just shot KRG Extreme and Meant to try it out for a couple stages but completely forgot and ran my Accutac all weekend, I think the only advantage would be on the clock adjustments which isn't common.

I've only used the Ckye pod during load testing and doesn't seem to make a difference either way for that.

I'll be there also, If you wanna check out the HD Ckyepod come find me. I just shot KRG Extreme and Meant to try it out for a couple stages but completely forgot and ran my Accutac all weekend, I think the only advantage would be on the clock adjustments which isn't common.

I've only used the Ckye pod during load testing and doesn't seem to make a difference either way for that.
Appreciate the offer. I'll do that. Also, how was that comp.

Appreciate the offer. I'll do that. Also, how was that comp.
The Wind was challenging, We had a switchy head wind for the majority of both days. I'd say the stage design is similar to NF but you shoot every target twice hit or miss. It's self RO'd so that changes it a bit. Definitely fun and worth going. I'd recommend it for anyone that enjoy's the NF match. I think the target's were more challenging than NF but I didn't shoot super well and had a couple rifle issues, It was nice to get out before the NF match.