• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accu-Tac vs Ckye Pod

Which would you choose

• Accu-Tac

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Ckye Pod

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Taylorbok

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2017
Sask, Canada
I am trying to decide which bipod I should try next.
I have an HD-50 for my ELR set up. I have a Grnd-Pod on a hunting rifle and an older Atlas on another gun.

I am considering either the Accu-Tac BR-4 or the Ckye-Pod standard.
I know the Accu-Tac is built super solid, but the Ckye pod has way more adjustability.
My worry is I may be dissapointed with the slop in the Ckye Pod, I also don't currently see myself using all the adjustability of the ckye pod but I would like to try a couple PRS matches. This Bipod will likely be used mainly from the prone shooting steel or off a bench.

I'd like to hear from you guys what you would choose and why.

I wouldn't do a Ckyepod for ELR. It's purpose built for PRS. I haven't tried the 50 cal version though.
it's not going to be used for ELR, I already have an Accu-Tac HD-50 for my ELR rifle and love it,
This new one will be just general purpose/ long range

it's not going to be used for ELR, I already have an Accu-Tac HD-50 for my ELR rifle and love it,
This new one will be just general purpose/ long range
Oh, then Ckyepod does just fine. I've owned a single, double, and triple. I ended up settling on a double.

TBH, the TBAC bipod has been 99% my go to now. I run it in PRS and the Ckyepod double is now a backup.

You should buy my new double pull I have listed ;)

Completely different bipods.

Ckye-pods excel in the field. If you don't need all that adjustability, I'm not sure if it's really the bipod for your needs.

If I was looking for a bipod that would see mostly square range duty with some field use mixed in, I would be eyeing up the TBAC bipod hard.

I am trying to decide which bipod I should try next.
I have an HD-50 for my ELR set up. I have a Grnd-Pod on a hunting rifle and an older Atlas on another gun.

I am considering either the Accu-Tac BR-4 or the Ckye-Pod standard.
I know the Accu-Tac is built super solid, but the Ckye pod has way more adjustability.
My worry is I may be dissapointed with the slop in the Ckye Pod, I also don't currently see myself using all the adjustability of the ckye pod but I would like to try a couple PRS matches. This Bipod will likely be used mainly from the prone shooting steel or off a bench.

I'd like to hear from you guys what you would choose and why.

If you don't need to play reindeer games accutac all day

If you don't need to play reindeer games accutac all day
I ended up with one Accutac and 2 ckye pods. One light weight std height and one Short standard weight
The Accutac is way more sturdy, no doubt. But I really fell in love with the versatility of the Ckye pod. I shot one PRS fun match this summer and enjoyed it so I'll prob do a bit more of that.

The Ckye pod goes considerably taller which is a nice feature for hunting, at full height I can manage to get into a very crunched seated position.

Reactions: kthomas
I ended up with one Accutac and 2 ckye pods. One light weight std height and one Short standard weight
The Accutac is way more sturdy, no doubt. But I really fell in love with the versatility of the Ckye pod. I shot one PRS fun match this summer and enjoyed it so I'll prob do a bit more of that.

The Ckye pod goes considerably taller which is a nice feature for hunting, at full height I can manage to get into a very crunched seated position.

The Ckye-pod is unrivaled for field use.

@MDT_OFFICIAL can you please for the love of god make a less wobbly beefier version of the Cykepod?

@MDT_OFFICIAL can you please for the love of god make a less wobbly beefier version of the Cykepod?
This, i own a double pull and i tolerate the sloppiness just because there is nothing out there as versatile for field shooting. For PRS anything works for the most part, most stages are no bipod deals anyway.

NRL/CD is a different story, a double pull will make your weekend much more enjoyable

Reactions: Badjujuu
The slop doesn't bother me really, but it would be nice if they were tight like an accu-tac. May run into issues if they are to tight though

For all around bipod, the TBAC is the king. For bench and prone, the accutac is just awesome. For prs/field type stuff the cyke is ideal. These are the 3 options that are by far the most popular for a good reason. I greatly prefer the accutac in prone, but it's bulky and doesn't carry well on the gun at all. The TBAC is what I use if I'm doing anything other than prone, even if that's 50% prone and 50% other (unless the other 50% is bench, then the accutac is perfect because it's all prone and bench). I would just be super real with yourself about what the bipod is really for.

Reactions: Dobermann
This, i own a double pull and i tolerate the sloppiness just because there is nothing out there as versatile for field shooting. For PRS anything works for the most part, most stages are no bipod deals anyway.

NRL/CD is a different story, a double pull will make your weekend much more enjoyable
Yeah in my opinion that's why a lot of these threads come up. People want the sturdiness of the Accutac without the weight penalty and still have the flexibility of the Cykepod. I own both, a Warne Skyline, a Harris and a knockoff harris.

If some company <*cough* MDT> could make a heavier, sturdy non-shakey/parkinsons version of the Cykepod they would own more of the market.

It's fast, that's about it

I own a double Ckyepod and TBAC. 99.999% use my TBAC at matches and practice.

TBAC feels like a $400+ bipod. Ckyepod feels like a $150 bipod.
fast how?
It's extremely adjustable and quickly so
but what is the adjustability that makes it a rock star? like if another bipod could do "X" it would be a game changer.
and what is the specific thing its fast at that makes it a top choice?

Literally takes 1-2 seconds or less to adjust. Legs pull out without pushing a button, fiddling with a toggle, etc.

Almost infinite adjustable in height, width, and forward or reverse stance.

Reactions: Taylorbok
@MDT_OFFICIAL this right here ☝️. And I say this as someone who paid basically retail for mine.

Though I agree with buildingconcepts the cykepod is far more adjustable than my others and thats one of the reasons I have one.
I should add... I've had my Ckyepod break on me at 3 2-day matches. I always bring my TBAC as a spare.

Additionally, I've had it break a couple more times afterwards. However, MDT is quick to fix... It just sucks that so many parts (especially the push pins to widen the legs) break so easily.

I should add... I've had my Ckyepod break on me at 3 2-day matches. I always bring my TBAC as a spare.

Additionally, I've had it break a couple more times afterwards. However, MDT is quick to fix... It just sucks that so many parts (especially the push pins to widen the legs) break so easily.
Yeah, I have had the leg position pins shear off on me 2x now. Frustrating.

Yep, I was impressed by its adjustability also.

And I get that there needs to be some level of tolerance to achieve this - @lowlight also wrote a great post a while back about the difference between sloppiness in a bipod that's unnecessary, and sloppiness that is necessary, as it's part of both adjustability and recoil absorption.

Personally, some of the slop that was in my Ckye Pod seemed unnecessary - movement in directions it simply shouldn't have had. This seemed to be confirmed by MDT suggesting I take it apart and tighten it up.

Ultimately, to me, the current model still feels pretty 'Beta' - even down to the chintzy (and unnecessarily highly abrasive) skateboard-grip tape stuck on the legs. This is the kind of thing I expect from a bunch of teenagers doing a startup in their garage on a prototype; a full-blown production factory should work out another solution, whether that's knurling, fluting, a coating ... whatever.

As for weight, I doubt you're going to get the level of adjustability and the needed ruggedness for less weight.

However, drop the adjustability, and you can - witness the TBAC quoted weight of 14.5 oz / 411 grams (before QD Arca mount swap-out), or the one I'm currently running, the Tier One Evolution in aluminium, at only 15.41 oz / 437 grams - that thing is sleek, solid, and the barrel sits inside the apex of the bipod, which was the holy grail a couple of years ago - for field use, I think the TBAC and Tier One Evolution are where it's at.

Ultimately, to me, the current model still feels pretty 'Beta' - even down to the chintzy (and unnecessarily highly abrasive) skateboard-grip tape stuck on the legs.

I'm not a fan of the grip tape either. The light weight model has milling on the lower legs which is much nicer than the grip tape and also provides adequate grip, they should do something similar on the standard version

Reactions: Dobermann
fast how?

but what is the adjustability that makes it a rock star? like if another bipod could do "X" it would be a game changer.

No other bipod is as adjustable or as fast at it.

The NRL finale this yeah was in Hammet, ID and the location had shooters using a large amount of rock formations as support.
Aside from a few straight flat terrain prone stages every other shooting scenario you could have used a bipod as front support had about 2-4 square inches of actual, even/homogeneous surface.

Most of the stages were rock walls on a grade or uphill shots over negative sloping terrain.

The MDT stuff specially the double and the triple allow you to set the gun over whatever terrain and articulate the legs into a notch on the rock or ground and the pull the foot until you touch it.
You do that for each side and while its not ideally square, you can get away with modified prone shots instead of deploying a tripod. The fact you can pull the leg to the exact lengh you need it after you set the angle to me is the biggest thing.

If the left leg is solid but the right is not and you have some flat rock a foot away you can just throw the leg out, set it, cant the gun back to level and you're done.
The double does this the best without a huge footprint penalty and with practice you can get accurate sitting shots off using a backpack as rear support too.

I used to be in the "a bipod is a bipod" camp even after i broke away from the "a tripod is a tripod" camp. All things being equal, These days i think you can go further with a mid range tripod than with a mid range bipod. They are not cheap and they are kinda wobbly, the machining looks great to me but the fitting is all over. Keep that in mind.

Attachments

• 8866D272-1986-4C69-B82A-582FC67B2102.jpeg
    8866D272-1986-4C69-B82A-582FC67B2102.jpeg
    593.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 4C2F6C7C-9708-4C46-A953-8E1F63A7CEA6.jpeg
    4C2F6C7C-9708-4C46-A953-8E1F63A7CEA6.jpeg
    632 KB · Views: 62
  • DB839409-C6CB-48E8-ABBD-AA6E616FBDCD.jpeg
    DB839409-C6CB-48E8-ABBD-AA6E616FBDCD.jpeg
    715.4 KB · Views: 70
  • E02101F5-2C91-4BC0-8E99-4FCDA177D9F4.jpeg
    E02101F5-2C91-4BC0-8E99-4FCDA177D9F4.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 60
i have an atla cal, but i prefer the accu-tac sr-5 g2. it is longer, but i run the legs forward all the time unless i need the extra height, and this removes play altogether. but then, i am no champion shooter so ymmv.

fast how?

Mr. F kind of nailed this answer down so no need for me to repeat it. None of the others are as adjustable for such a wide range of situations in order to put you into a position you can shoot from with as little effort as possible, BUT outside of that role, it's not very fun to shoot with compared to the other high end bipod like we are discussing here, at least for me.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Mr. F kind of nailed this answer down so no need for me to repeat it. None of the others are as adjustable for such a wide range of situations in order to put you into a position you can shoot from with as little effort as possible, BUT outside of that role, it's not very fun to shoot with compared to the other high end bipod like we are discussing here, at least for me.
Agreed, for straight prone there are better options. Matter of fact im in the same boat for the NF ELR this summer. First time shooting a 100% prone match with a heavy gun and not really sure what im grabbing for that.

Agreed, for straight prone there are better options. Matter of fact im in the same boat for the NF ELR this summer. First time shooting a 100% prone match with a heavy gun and not really sure what im grabbing for that.

Prolly my spare accutac......🤣

I've been shooting a CKYE POD for a couple years now and really like it. My only real gripe is how easily the legs extend. Stick the legs in some mud or a hay bail and when you go to pick up the rifle the legs fully extend. AccuTac just seems bulky to me, otherwise it's a very solid bipod. But so far the CKYE is pretty unmatched in how flexible it is. Any slop in it hasn't bothered me since it can be taken up pretty easily with proper technique, and it locks up tight when you apply a little pressure. My 2 cents.

No other bipod is as adjustable or as fast at it.

The NRL finale this yeah was in Hammet, ID and the location had shooters using a large amount of rock formations as support.
Aside from a few straight flat terrain prone stages every other shooting scenario you could have used a bipod as front support had about 2-4 square inches of actual, even/homogeneous surface.

Most of the stages were rock walls on a grade or uphill shots over negative sloping terrain.

The MDT stuff specially the double and the triple allow you to set the gun over whatever terrain and articulate the legs into a notch on the rock or ground and the pull the foot until you touch it.
You do that for each side and while its not ideally square, you can get away with modified prone shots instead of deploying a tripod. The fact you can pull the leg to the exact lengh you need it after you set the angle to me is the biggest thing.

If the left leg is solid but the right is not and you have some flat rock a foot away you can just throw the leg out, set it, cant the gun back to level and you're done.
The double does this the best without a huge footprint penalty and with practice you can get accurate sitting shots off using a backpack as rear support too.

I used to be in the "a bipod is a bipod" camp even after i broke away from the "a tripod is a tripod" camp. All things being equal, These days i think you can go further with a mid range tripod than with a mid range bipod. They are not cheap and they are kinda wobbly, the machining looks great to me but the fitting is all over. Keep that in mind.
I 100% agree with this assertion. That rifle in the first picture is mine from the finale and I can say the double pull made life much easier to build solid positions on many stages very quickly. My double is my best all around bipod where my triple definitely serves a purpose but it's heavier and has a much larger footprint. My tbac has its place but must days that place is on the shelf in the safe and I no longer own am Accu-tac or atlas. That said the ckyepod wouldn't be my first choice of shooting just a belly match and the tbac would possibly get a tiny bit more use with more cant available and a longer leg version since the leg extensions leave much to be desired.

Attachments

• 690973DA-0E41-4B13-ABAB-A83698F0E90E.jpeg
    690973DA-0E41-4B13-ABAB-A83698F0E90E.jpeg
    685.4 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: NiteQwill
Hey all, sorry we didn't jump in on this. There was a bunch of stuff said, and thank you for the feedback. We know the CKYE Pod is a looser feeling, but that is by intention. For us to tighten the CKYE Pod up, it probably isn't going to be a CKYE Pod at that point. We have talked about doing an F-class or more ELR-orientated bipod, but we haven't started yet. We will likely do something new in the next couple of years, so stay tuned!

-Anthony