• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clamp on brakes ???

Furtaker_.223

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Columbia IL
www.snipershide.com
Are the clamp on brakes any good? I have a remmy 700 SPS in a 308 and want to put a brake on it. I don't know about the clamp on one's or what brand to get. I thought about having the barrel threaded, but have seen horror pics where the smith screwed up the rifleing's.

So, any good help here????????????

Re: Clamp on brakes ???

Sorry for jacking the thread, but I have thought about asking the same question also, with a few of my own...

Are there any alignment issues? I personally get worried that if the brake is installed crooked (if that is even possible given the design), that the brake might go flying on first shot... Even if it doesn't get shot out, would clamp on brakes affect accuracy like brakes that were installed on bad muzzle threads?

So far I only know of Roedale brakes also as they seem to be the most popular, though I do believe I'm seen others here on the hide...