• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clamp on Muzzle Brake. Who's got one and what are your thoughts?

Knawx

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2014
I know nothing of the muzzle brake world, so I'm in the process of researching. I've stumbled onto clamp on style brakes, and I would love to get some feedback from someone that owns one or has tried one.

I've got one from Pete Roedale and it does what its supposed to. It looks really weird but it works. Khantrol is another clamp on brake. Is there any reason You have to have a clamp on. I live in SoCal and at the time couldn't fine a reputable gunsmith in my area So I went clamp on. Given the choice I would prefer a traditional threaded brake.

I definitely don't have to have one. I didn't even know they existed until just recently so I wanted to find out more about them.

I figured if they reduce recoil and help the shooter maintain a visual on their target all while not causing any accuracy issues then why not go with clamp on style?

I had Roedale clamp on my 308 as well. Took 12 weeks to get it but it worked very well. Shot 800 rounds with it and it didnt move 1 mm. I stopped using it when i had the rifle rebarreled. It's the 21.5 version. Let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

When I looked at them, their cost was about the same as a screw on and threading/install.

I ended with a Schuler brake ($45) and has Short Action Customs do the work ($125, thread barrel, recrown, time brake, install and Cerakote). Versus teh Kahntrol at $165.

Core tac solutions also does clamp on brakes. My friend has one on his .308 and loves it.