• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Clamp-On Muzzle Brakes

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    Im looking for a clamp on break for my Rem700 SPS Tac in 308. Im overseas and dont have access to my guns, so I dont know the diameter of the barrel. The brakes Ive seen so far go by the Outer Diameter. Can someone send me some links to some brakes? And if anyone knows the OD of the barrel so I can order one?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Clamp-On Muzzle Brakes

I have the Badger Ordnance FTE (Front Towards Enemy,
    wink.gif
    ).

http://badgerordnance.com/muzzle-brakes/

It says the Minimum Barrel Diameter for it. There is also 3 different Threading for the FTE

I will be doing a review on a kahntrol solutions clamp on muzzle brake in the next week or so.
    I will be testing it on a savage 10fp 308 win......

Just received this a little while ago.....I will post a full review with before video and after installed video sometime this weekend..Savage 10fp 308 win.factory heavy contour barrel.
    1ibqev.jpg

I have a Roedale precision clamp on brake that works very, very well. Got it used from another Hide member so I didn't have to wait for it.

I use the Badger FTE clamp on brake. I'm happy with it and its performance. The FTE does still require threading and turning of the end of your barrel - see their instructions (this is for part 306-38B) http://badgerordnance.com/file-download/26

The brake also requires boring the inner diameter out