• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Class 3 Dealers in Michigan

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    More important what class 3 dealers in Mi are there? Which ones will be fair for transfers and not try to rake you over the coals. Yea its great to be able to own the stuff but who will treat you fair and help you when you actually go to buy the stuff? I wont pay a 150 dollar dealer transfer fee to get the stuff. I realize they should get something but c'mon...

Rich

Re: Class 3 Dealers in Michigan

Williams Gun shop in Auburn, MI. I've done a lot of business with Kevin and He's always treated me fair. He's applying with the ATF for his Class 3 license now so I would guess in the next couple months he will be able to do transfers.

Sheridan Arms in Saginaw is currently a Class 3 dealer. I've never trusted them though. Seen and talked to them at a few gun shows they wanted some hefty prices for their crap. YMMV.

Try "The Gun Barn 2" in Dearborn Heights - they are putting together a group buy on suppressors soon. Good guys, they put on the full-auto shoots in SE MI.

you guys can do c3 stuff in MI ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys can do c3 stuff in MI ? </div></div>

As of a few days ago YES. Here's the post just a few beneath yours.

MI CCW

Michigan Police Equipment Company, right on the Charlotte/lansing border. Just off lansing Rd.

They will sell to the public, and/or handle transfers for the public.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CC Gunworks in Howell, he is already set up as an AAC dealer . </div></div>

Yep, I'm a AAC dealer. Going to put in a large order soon so get with me if you want a really good price. Soon to be stocking dealer so you can try them out before you buy!

CC, where are you in Howell, I'm just a bit south in A2 and will definetly be looking for something to go on my .308. Its a 700 AAC so it might as well wear one of their cans.

Hey Mr. Pierce would it be possible to set up something to come see a demo of one of your suppressors?

ccgunworks is there an eta for when we could try them out. Also, do you have a price list for the AAC line.

First off, holy crap why haven't I heard of this yet?

Secondly, who can point me to the forms I'll need to fill out?

Thirdly, I don't even know what I want to buy one for yet, all I know is that I need to have one.

Im looking for a class 3 dealer in the Upper Peninsula, if not, do you think that a class 3 dealer in lower MI would be able to do it VIA fax?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FZJ80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CC, where are you in Howell, I'm just a bit south in A2 and will definetly be looking for something to go on my .308. Its a 700 AAC so it might as well wear one of their cans. </div></div>

Just north of the county airport...

CC then your probably down the road from me. How far north of the airport? I am easy by a mile from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thumper49802</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for a class 3 dealer in the Upper Peninsula, if not, do you think that a class 3 dealer in lower MI would be able to do it VIA fax? </div></div>

I'm in Marquette, Also looking for a class 3 U.P. here... Let me know if you come up with a solution!

We're transferring products to Feeks Tactical in Leonidas MI.

We've also contacted a few other dealers to see if anyone else is interested in carrying our products.

It's great to see another NFA state. Now it would just be nice to see Iowa, or Minnesota get suppressors. (Illinois is kind of a long shot- they kind of have a California attitude down there).

I've been an active class 3 dealer for 13 years, located in Saginaw Michigan. We sponsoer machine gun shoots, I've had two silencer training days since it became legal, and have many satified customers across the state. Its no wonder any gruff over the price of transferrable machine guns since the '86 ban jacked with the availability and prices have rose ever since.

We have approximately 15 silencer manufacturers we represent, and we've had a few of our form 4's approved already since we had stock before legalized (we've been a Law Enforement Dealer for nearly 10 years now).
    Let us know if we can help I can personally handle your silencer questions-Phil Sheridan

We're getting ready to open our new 3000 sq ft building on Nov 19th. As soon as those Griffin Suppressors come in they'll be on the shelf. Thanks.

Feek's Tactical
    163 W. Main St.
    Mendon, MI 49072
    269-506-1109

Good lookin out!
    smile.gif

Ya, we do class 3 transfers and sales. I just did a big group buy for about 80 suppressors. We also just opened a store in Allen Park (6784 Allen Road) and have applied for the SOT for that FFL location as well. With any luck we'll have our SOT for that store in a couple weeks and will be doing all the range of sales out of there. Feel free to email me if you have any questions ([email protected]) or you can check out some of my suppressor prices on my Michigan Gun Owners web forum thread at http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=147122 .

We will try to be fair on pricing, we obviously need to pay the overhead and employees but $150 a transfer is rediculous. We normally charge $100 for NFA transfers but for suppressors I think we'll probably do something like $75. I know it seems expensive to a lot of you that are new to NFA but it's about standard and you have to remember that we get the items in, you come fill out the paperwork and take it to get your chief LEO signature on it, fingerprints and such, then mail it off to NFA. Now we are sitting for 2 to 6 months having to securely store this item for that period of time. They end up taking up a lot of vault/safe space so we have to make it worth the time to do it. I hope this explained it for you and, as always, feel free to contact me or call our store directly at 313-557-8228. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thumper49802</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for a class 3 dealer in the Upper Peninsula, if not, do you think that a class 3 dealer in lower MI would be able to do it VIA fax? </div></div>

I'm in Marquette, Also looking for a class 3 U.P. here... Let me know if you come up with a solution!
    </div></div>

Call my dad... he owns The Gun Barn in Iron River. I know it's about an hour and half away from you but he's a nice guy and is a full class 7 FFL and SOT dealer and can help you out with most anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thumper49802</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for a class 3 dealer in the Upper Peninsula, if not, do you think that a class 3 dealer in lower MI would be able to do it VIA fax? </div></div>

as stated above...
    Call my dad... he owns The Gun Barn in Iron River. I know it's about an hour and half away from you but he's a nice guy and is a full class 7 FFL and SOT dealer and can help you out with most anything.

So who is gonna have a range day so we can try our guns on the suppressors?

Rich

He will i went up there and talked to the deputy and as long as the paperwork is good your good. When are you gettin yours Charlie? Actually i got 2 coming.

Rich

Rich So I finally made to Ann Arbors Police Dept to check out if the chief will sign off.Had to go thru metal dectector and take my boots off to get to police desk. Cop behind desk had on shirt saying AASWAT. I asked if chief will sign off on silencer. He gives me funny look and black women officer behind him said why the hell anyone would want silencer? He goes back and talks to detectives comes back says saying I can drop off ATF paperwork.I ask again will he sign and no answer.I ask to make appoinment to talk to chief. She jumps in saying Chief is to busy to talk to citizens and he would not even sign off for her to get silencer.I decide scene is deteriorating and leave.Blaster

I actually went yesterday to get mine signed. They did a quick interview and said it would be approximately 2 weeks to get it signed. They said they will call once the papers are ready. the dealer said ina couple of months the CLEO is gone anyway. see you soon Charlie.

Rich

Great Guns in Traverse City, Michigan has been approved by ATF and will soon be getting class 3 as well as a license to manufacture. Dave should be able to beat most prices and he does excellent work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich So I finally made to Ann Arbors Police Dept to check out if the chief will sign off.Had to go thru metal dectector and take my boots off to get to police desk. Cop behind desk had on shirt saying AASWAT. I asked if chief will sign off on silencer. He gives me funny look and black women officer behind him said why the hell anyone would want silencer? He goes back and talks to detectives comes back says saying I can drop off ATF paperwork.I ask again will he sign and no answer.I ask to make appoinment to talk to chief. She jumps in saying Chief is to busy to talk to citizens and he would not even sign off for her to get silencer.I decide scene is deteriorating and leave.Blaster </div></div>

Should have said: "okay whatever- no worries... I'll just get a trust and do it without his approval, thank you for your help!"

You won't find a better guy to do business with than ccgunworks.

Got my signed forms back today now the real wait begins.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FeeksTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We're getting ready to open our new 3000 sq ft building on Nov 19th. As soon as those Griffin Suppressors come in they'll be on the shelf. Thanks.

Feek's Tactical
    163 W. Main St.
    Mendon, MI 49072
    269-506-1109 </div></div>

It took a long time, but the suppressors shipped today.

any of you guys know if you need to register the trusts or not to get the ATF to accept them. From what I understand this is a grey area and some dont think it is required and some do. I am about to send my info in on 3 cans and would like to know this.

Has anyone set up a trust yet? What exactly is a trust and where can I read more about them? Also, are the rest of the forms online that I can read through?

I have been to Pierce eng. great shop to deal with. I have only seen there suppressed shotgun fired very impressive.

My sas can is on the way to the dealer. I would like to thank mile high and sas for everything.

Rich

i know one class 3 dealers nearer to Michigan. If any one interested so this is a official website: class3license.com. On this site you will get more information about class3license.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MCF-EDDIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot me a call, I'm located in Shelby Township Michigan. I only charge $50 for NFA transfers. Shop around for prices and then give me a call. Maybe I can earn your business.

Thanks,
    Ed
    www.missioncriticalfirearms.com </div></div>

Can you explain the cluster fuck you are in on MGO?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=190690

Maybee buyer beware????

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MCF-EDDIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot me a call, I'm located in Shelby Township Michigan. I only charge $50 for NFA transfers. Shop around for prices and then give me a call. Maybe I can earn your business.

Thanks,
    Ed
    www.missioncriticalfirearms.com </div></div>

Can you explain the cluster fuck you are in on MGO?

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=190690

Maybee buyer beware????

Rich </div></div>

No, Not a "buyer beware issue at all. The issue has been resolved. http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=194139