• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing CLE Krieger Barrel

Just so everyone here knows about another option: I sent my whole upper to craddock precision. It took a few months (which Paul told me would be the case from the get go) . I sent it to them as planned in mid December and they called me last week to tell me it was shipping. I haven't gotten it yet but between all the emailing back and forth and their shop calling me to ask about the barrel being painted or not ect, it's been a good experience so far. They offer a CLE chamber, which is what I got, to match my other CLE rifle.

I will update when I get it and shoot it.

Just so everyone here knows about another option: I sent my whole upper to craddock precision. It took a few months (which Paul told me would be the case from the get go) . I sent it to them as planned in mid December and they called me last week to tell me it was shipping. I haven't gotten it yet but between all the emailing back and forth and their shop calling me to ask about the barrel being painted or not ect, it's been a good experience so far. They offer a CLE chamber, which is what I got, to match my other CLE rifle.

I will update when I get it and shoot it.
What is the benefit of sending in your upper?

What is the benefit of sending in your upper?
I didn't have to mess with it and it was a minimal charge and they have the bolt. It's a left hand side charger and was just easier to send. It's a 16" barrel with a carbine gas too so I just thought it wold be safer to get right

I believe all freebores are a minimum of the groove diameter. 308 Win freebore is .310, but the 223 Rem are closer or at groove dia.

4ZGKSos.png
This is true of 223. I believe there is room for improvement on a lot of things. If a reamer cuts a .224 freebore diameter on a .224 groove diameter that doesn't leave any compensation for tool wear. Making a couple dimensional changes on a reamer is not a big deal with JGS and Manson, whom I use for my custom reamers.

Reactions: msgriff
Huh. Interesting. Why aren't any of the standard reamers 0.2250 ish or at least 0.2245 freebore diameter?

In the OP pics its still ugly how uneven the lands are. On @Greasegun's pics it looks like the land wasn't touched at all on one side so that means it must be at least 0.0025" off center if there is at least 5 thou difference in land and groove dimensions?