• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Clean me- SureFire 7.62RC2

Sam19kilo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 4, 2019
    WY
    Hey guys, best way I can clean this can and what the exact chemical components I need for a soak or if that’s a bad idea.

Love you long time

Sam

you can clean it how ever you feel is the easiest way to you cause if you mess it up you are the one that's going to pay to either fix or replace it .

Had good luck with a 50/50 mix of CLR/water. Really dissolves the stubborn carbon off the baffles.

Hey if you say so I’ll take your word.

“You can take a good look at your butcher....”-Tommy Boy
    Lol! Sorry, I was responding between meetings at work.

What meant was, it can be used on steel as well, but you need to test how long you can leave it soaking, as it can screw with some finishes. Whatever Mack Bros use on their main cans seems not to be affected much. The extension tubes on the Banisher/Varminter 4.0 however, will lighten up considerably. I run a cover, so the finish (to me) is more for corrosion protection, than for aesthetics. Essentially, I don't care what the finish looks like, I just want it to work. And it works best when clean.

I've been told also, that for cans that don't come apart, a soak in the CLR 50/50 mix gets the majority of the crud out. And then the whole can goes in a glass jar/container filled with Hornady sonic gun cleaning solution. The whole container is then put into a sonic cleaner (keeps all the nasty remaining sludge in the jar) for final cleaning.

I've never done this, but apparently (as it was explained to me), it works well.

ETA: And this method is less messy than scrubbing by hand with the CLR mix (which requires gloves unless you want dissolved carbon under your nails for a week).

Reactions: db2000
    Had good luck with a 50/50 mix of CLR/water. Really dissolves the stubborn carbon off the baffles.

Same here, however I add a rubber stopper on each end and then shake the sh*t out of it - sometimes by hand, one time in a paint shaker at a friends hardware store :giggle: ( worked VERY well ), a couple of times paid a friend's teenage son to shake it 'til his arm just about fell off. I think agitating the mix helps get the fouling off the baffles. Pour out the crud, and then rinse. (y) Good 'til the next time. As with any chemical crud - use proper precautions.

Reactions: MarinePMI
    Have you weighed it to know that it actually has build up in it? Groups changing? Supersonic rifle cans clean out quite well on their own. Save for some silly complex baffle design, of which the surefire is not, shouldn't really get too much crud in it.

Of course, for all I know, you're OAF, shooting 1k rounds every weekend, and that bitch is 5oz over weight......

Have you weighed it to know that it actually has build up in it? Groups changing? Supersonic rifle cans clean out quite well on their own. Save for some silly complex baffle design, of which the surefire is not, shouldn't really get too much crud in it.

Of course, for all I know, you're OAF, shooting 1k rounds every weekend, and that bitch is 5oz over weight......
    I’m Super OAF bro. Just kidding, I am just a dumb Abrams gunner lol. But I practice with 500rds a week with my bolt gun. I haven’t weighed it tho but that’s a better idea

Reactions: AMGtuned
    Just my process but I use an o-ring boss plug (I work in hydraulics) and plug the end of suppressor, fill it with Boretech C4, and let it sit for a few hours. After that I pull the muzzle adapter, and using an old electric toothbrush head, clean the blast chamber, threads, etc. After that it's a good rinse with the garden hose, let it dry, and reassemble. Good to go!

P.S. Tried flushing my SiCo Hybrid 46 with CRC Brakleen Non-Chlorinated brake parts cleaner (the green can). It did a number on the carbon sludge that was left in the baffles and did zero harm to the cans finish. YMMV as I can't comment on other makers finished but it worked for me.