• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning brass 2 ways?

InfScout1/69

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2014
I was wondering if anyone has tried using US cleaner to clean then dry using a vibratory tumbler? Would it work?

Probably.
If you dumped in some denatured alcohol to displace and help evaporate the water, and let it run overnight in the tumbler.

I find the carbon inside the neck aids in consistent bullet release, or simply put dirty brass shoots better, YMMV.

IS,

I don't recommend it, BTDT. The media will stick to the inside of the case and the primer pocket big time, especially if you use a polishing agent. Better to dry them with a food dehumidifier and then tumble if you want shiny cases with a wax/oil protective coating. Clean the inside of the neck with 4-0 steel wool to assist with consistent neck/seating tension.

HTH,
DocB

Yes, but why bother? Half the benefit of US is not having to mess with a tumbler and get media everywhere. I blast my cases out with compressed air. Dries them out quickly on the inside. Only takes a moment, and everything stays clean.

I use an UsS cleaner with water, lysol and a little sodiundihydroglensulfate. Its used by jewellers as pickling solution to remove varnish from jewellry. If i have a lot of cases I'll dry them in the dryer using the shoe rack.

I tumble before resizing/de-priming and then run them through a US to remove the lubricant and clean the primer pocket after I've trimmed them, also cleans off the tumbling dust/film. Works well. Hair dryer or a few minutes on oven lowest setting dries the cases right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food dehydrator to dry
I bought 1800lbs of brass dried it all in dehydrator works great and is safe