• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning equipment (Boretech ) opinions ?

TO 8217

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2014
Soon ill have my new GAP and when I was talking to Ken at GA Precision he really recommended Boretech supplies and said that is what he uses. He also set me up with a 10% off coupon as a one time deal. I called Bortech and spoke with them and since I have the coupon I figured might as well get Gide rods bore stix and all the necessary stuff for my .308 AAC .300 blk 6.5 Creedmoor and .223. Well the bill rang up as you could imagine to the tune of 550.00 :eek: so before I Break out the CC I figured I better ask you all about there cleaning equipment.
I did a little search on here but did not really find much. 100.00 dollars of the bill is for the 4piece rod case so not sure if I really need that and may just drop that unless anyone has it and says it's well worth that price.

Wow! I don't know about all the bells and whistles, but I learned about boretech solvents from the local benchrest guys. I figure these guys clean more barrels than anyone. They actually use Butches Bore Shine first to clean out most of the powder fouling, and then use Boretech Carbon Remover or Copper Remover. I've had good experiences with this combination.

I'm all for their solvents. It's all I use on my GAP. One of the things I like most is they aren't really harsh. Can use them inside without getting high. But strong enough to make cleaning pretty quick. I don't know anything about their cleaning rods or guides but I would exercise great caution with any multi piece cleaning rod. Heard a lot of negatives about them being prone to scratching the bore. Again I don't know if that problem is present with the boretech rods but worth mentioning.

C4 is the bomb. Ran my AR with a can for at least 300 rounds which equals a very nasty rifle. It did not take long at all for the C4 to do its magic. Really impressed by the ease of clean up and will move all solvents to Boretech as my other supplies dwindle.

I'm all for their solvents. It's all I use on my GAP. One of the things I like most is they aren't really harsh. Can use them inside without getting high. But strong enough to make cleaning pretty quick. I don't know anything about their cleaning rods or guides but I would exercise great caution with any multi piece cleaning rod. Heard a lot of negatives about them being prone to scratching the bore. Again I don't know if that problem is present with the boretech rods but worth mentioning.
These are all one piece coated rods I this the one for my Gap is about 4 feet long.

I have been using Bore Tech Eliminator, C4 and Rimfire Blend for several years. As others have mentioned, they do a fantastic job, don't have a strong odor and are not harsh on your guns. If you are trying to remove copper, I would recommend getting their proof positive bore brushes and jags.

I use Boretech almost exclusively. I own 4 or 5 (or more?) rifle rods and even own a pistol rod. I use their solvents and even their Proof Positive jags and brushes. I found them a while back whenever I wanted to get into quality one piece rods and have never looked back or elsewhere after the first. The rods are amazing and do exactly what they are made for, as do the solvents.

By now, I'm sure I have that $550, plus a few more of its greenback colleagues. Buy once, cry once is a phrase often used in our sport.. Now reason to change the tune for such a crucial step. I say swipe that card!

Plus, a rod on ball bearings is just cool. Some people like to spin their double action revolver cylinders, some like to spin their cleaning rod handles.

I do both!

I can't speak to the rods, but I really like their solvents. A bottle came with my m82, been using it with my SRS. At first I couldn't believe that something so fast/easy was really working so I tried recleaning with Hoppes 9 and to my surprise, everything was already clean. Im sold.

Sounds like the consensus is good stuff ! In my purchase is the bore jags solvents patches guides all that good stuff just did want to bore you all with the detail stuff .
G220neshot sorry I should have clarified, I was just referencing their zip up carry case that hold 4 rods.
Thanks all I'll confirm my order in the morning.

Don't leave the eliminator in the barrel, it's corrosive and ruined a barrel of mine. The bottle reads that is safe for leaving in the barrel, it is not. Otherwise the eliminator is an effective solvent

I do have the BoreTech 4 rod case. It is made well and carries 4 rods securely. I really like it.

I've used various cleaners and I'm sold on the Bore Tech products. Plus the wife isn'tcomplaing about the smell. Trick also is to buy the big bottles and get the small empty bottles from Sinclair and use them if needing to take along any.