• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning off 'One Shot'

MMH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2013
I am using 'One Shot' spray lubricant when resizing my cases. After reloading the cases seem dry/wiped off, but is there any additional cleaning that I need to do before firing?

I just wipe my cases off with a old T shirt and call them good. Has worked well for thousands of rounds.

I loaded ten thousands of straight walled pistol cases that were treated with a very light coat of 'One Shot' before going through a carbide die. I never cleaned the loaded rounds and did not have any problems.

FWIW: One Shot did not work for me on rifle cases in regular dies and I now use Imperial Die Wax, which I wipe off.

I loaded ten thousands of straight walled pistol cases that were treated with a very light coat of 'One Shot' before going through a carbide die. I never cleaned the loaded rounds and did not have any problems.

Same here.

FWIW: One Shot did not work for me on rifle cases in regular dies and I now use Imperial Die Wax, which I wipe off.

One Shot works for me on .308 but I do use Imperial on .223 brass and tumble it off before loading.

It's the only lube I've used for over 10 years, and I use it for everything including 1000 yard match ammo. I have never cleaned off a single round. It also works great for neck turning.

I found Imperial Die Wax is the only thing that never fails me when FLS my rifle cases.

PS-Brake cleaner in the green can is the best for cleaning any smutz off finished bullets.

Dumb them back into your tumbler with UNTREATED, fine grit, corn cob tumbling media for 10 minutes. Once i started doing this i ditched wipe downs forever.

I use 91% Isopropyl on an old TEE shirt. It evaporates pretty quickly and it doesn't get into the powder or primer.

I am using 'One Shot' spray lubricant when resizing my cases. After reloading the cases seem dry/wiped off, but is there any additional cleaning that I need to do before firing?

No you don't need to do any further cleaning of the cases with One Shot. It won't effect primers or powder. Some people tumble the cases for around 15 minutes but it's not needed.

I do the wipe down/off any times i've used the one shot, I am careful to make sure I coat the entire case though. Had a 223 get stuck when I first started using it, got it taken care of easy enough but learned my lesson.
I hadn't heard much on the imperial so did a bit of looking around, imperial user's may want to read this:
Why no more Imperial Sizing Wax for me--straight from RCBS - The Firing Line Forums
No horse in the imperial race just something to consider