• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cleaning rod

Re: Cleaning rod

I used rods for along time till a coach of mine made a pull through out of insulated cable. I was sold on the idea and now use an otis kit. I have numerous Olympic level smallbore rifles and after speaking with various shooters and gunsmiths (many of which make pull throughs out of weed wacker line) most all suggest not risking the accuracy of their rifles by using a boreguide/cleaning rod.
hell its a whole new thread if you want to discuss smallbore rifle cleaning philosophies. like some who never clean their barrels only crown and action.
anyway, just my .02

If you shoot .30 cal and above you can use a carbon fiber arrow.
I have a few I have robin hooded and they make perfect cleaning rods, all my brushes and jags screw right in. A lot cheaper than a carbon fiber gun cleaning rod and most Bow shops will cut them to leangth for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another vote for Tipton. I've used Dewey and still have the rods but I prefer the CF rods. </div></div>

+1 I have both and like the Tiptons better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locked&loaded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+++1 for Tipton. Smooth bearings in the handle </div></div>
++1000

Dewey! I have like 20 of them!